Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Seeing Caribou, Tyler, RTJ, alt-J and Sleater Kinney this summer would make me a very happy puppy. Between EP and Forbidden Fruit. Wouldn't say no to Black Keys and The Strokes turning up somewhere though :D

Thurston Moore band could go either way, could be awesome, or not really at all...!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

MattD wrote: »
    Seeing Caribou, Tyler, RTJ, alt-J and Sleater Kinney this summer would make me a very happy puppy. Between EP and Forbidden Fruit. Wouldn't say no to Black Keys and The Strokes turning up somewhere though :D

Thurston Moore band could go either way, could be awesome, or not really at all...!

I'm really hoping for run the jewels I arsed around getting tickets for their gig and it completely sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

pmalone wrote: »
    Some seriously good acts there ... Underworld touring dubnobass(20th anniversary re-issue is fantastic) , Caribou, Strokes, Sleater Kinney, James Blake, Black Keys, Interpol, Tune-Yards, Chet Faker, HEALTH, Patti Smith playing Horses... good lord what a line up!

I'll take any 4 of those for EP.

HEALTH supporting Interpol in the Olympia in Feb, looking forward to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'd love to still love the Strokes but I'd say it must be very hard to stay enthusiastic about them in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd love to still love the Strokes but I'd say it must be very hard to stay enthusiastic about them in 2015.

My love for the first two albums has not waned, even though they've been fairly disappointing since then. Would love to have them at EP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Well Longitude has scooped up Caribou and The Chemical Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

hugeglobe wrote: »
    Well Longitude has scooped up Caribou and The Chemical Brothers.

Still lots of quality acts that are touring touring and haven't been scooped up though, I think that Longitude lineup bodes well for the EP lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

And alt j.....was really hoping caribou would return to body and soul or be at EP this year

I cannot afford a third festival this year, both physically , emotionally and financially

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

Still lots of quality acts that are touring touring and haven't been scooped up though, I think that Longitude lineup bodes well for the EP lineup

Yeah, still a killer lineup for longitude all the same. They've seriously upped their game this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really hope the Strokes dont play FF because i will be at Slane that weekend ha so would much prefer them to do EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Caribou and Chemical Brothers ruled out, damn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Longtitude line-up is looking really well, only 3 acts on that list that I wouldn't be arsed with. Would nearly swap tickets for it if it was a proper festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm a tiny bit gutted that Alt-J won't be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

What's the chances of some acts playing both, Hozier did both last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Any opinions on the chance of Underworld doing Dubnobass... ? I see they're doing Primavera. That would really make my festival season!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

keithkk16 wrote: »

As far as I remember there was 7/8 bands shared. Ep didn't announce those bands till much later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Would love to see Jessie Ware announced :)

We're surely due an announcement shortly enough.

keithkk16 wrote: »

CAnt see any of Longitudes headliners turning up at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I think Placebo might be in with a good chance of playing picnic, unless Longitude get them. Don't see them playing body and soul so Picnic seems like a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

There is rarely an overlap of non irish acts between picnic, ff , B&S and longitude.

As for Hozier, he may be big now but he isn't that far removed from being one of those Irish Acts that show up at nearly every festival. He was still doing gigs around the country before Christmas and is supporting the Foo fighters at slane too, so by no means is longitude an Irish exclusive. I'd be surprised if he isn't at the picnic to be honest.

I actually think having him headline longitude is a bit cheap of them, given what i just said.

• Advertisement

lbj666 wrote: »
    There is rarely an overlap of non irish acts between picnic, ff , B&S and longitude.

As for Hozier, he may be big now but he isn't that far removed from being one of those Irish Acts that show up at nearly every festival. He was still doing gigs around the country before Christmas and is supporting the Foo fighters at slane too, so by no means is longitude an Irish exclusive. I'd be surprised if he isn't at the picnic to be honest.

I actually think having him headline longitude is a bit cheap of them, given what i just said.

I doubt he will be at Picnic tbh since they will want a big Christmas tour and dont want to over saturate him playing 3 major gigs over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Longitude announcement is a return to form. The Lineup is fantastic so far although it could have done without Hozier

2013 will be hard to outdo however

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

I am predicting sam smith will headline simply because he hasnt announced any gigs for ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

ohbygod wrote: »
    I am predicting sam smith will headline simply because he hasnt announced any gigs for ireland

Jesus no!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Jesus no!

He is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

He is amazing

I'd rather listen to fingernails scraping a blackboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

He is not EP material!

He is not EP material!

He is not EP material!

• Advertisement

ElleEm wrote: »
    He is not EP material!

Ep is 4 every1

Advertisement