Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

May have been said already but I see Tame impala are down as playing end of the road in the UK on Friday the 4th, so I guess they're playing the EP on Sunday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    They're gonna be huge in my opinion, If they produce another 1/2 decent album I think they could rise to Kasibian, Muse level. Haven't seen them live yet, but they certainly seem to pack a punch live, but not too hardcore to push people away!
    Bands in town suggest their tour is over in Aug, so a real possibility!!

Yea they have Reading/Leeds the weekend before then the Foo Fighters gig the Tuesday after EP

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I got my hopes up seeing that Run the Jewels playing the banksy thing in the UK on the friday but they're in Croatia on the Saturday. To be honest anyone added to the lineup at this point is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Given talk of lighting and such stuff, now is as good a time as any to remind people to not bring any sort of candle with them and to slap the living sh1te out of anyone you know who is dumb enough to.

A 'mate' of mine has these scented Jamaican candels, you can use them day or night! They're cone shaped and emit an orange glow at one end (although it doesn't really help you see in the dark, sometimes blurs the path ahead of you), the wick is a brown sometimes green colour. He's currently deciding which scent to get, 'purple haze' or 'Otto's jacket'!
    Do you think it's ok to bring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    A 'mate' of mine has these scented Jamaican candels, you can use them day or night! They're cone shaped and emit an orange glow at one end (although it doesn't really help you see in the dark, sometimes blurs the path ahead of you), the wick is a brown sometimes green colour. He's currently deciding which scent to get, 'purple haze' or 'Otto's jacket'!
    Do you think it's ok to bring them?

That I am not commenting on, cerebral illumination is a personal choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Tell your mate he'll be fine, the candle inspectors are pretty chill provided you don't go trying to light them in broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Ah - line-up speculation is such fun - thanks Mr. S for getting the fun going again.

There's already lots of overlap with the End of the Road bill - some more is surely likely?

Two acts from it that I've seen this year and been really impressed by are Torres and Ex Hex.

Really strong live performers in both cases - would love to see either of them again.

On a nostalgia tip, never seen St Etienne - another act from EOTR that I'd be delighted to see added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'd love to see Royal Blood, the upper end of the bill doesn't really interest me that much (I'd see Blur and Florence if nothing else clashed), if they start adding people like The Script or The Coronas I'll be very disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Royal Blood were unreal in Coachella this year.
    They played in some crazy heat but it didnt stop them from giving it their all.
    Always surprised how much music can come from 1 guitar and a set of drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Royal Blood were unreal in Coachella this year.
    They played in some crazy heat but it didnt stop them from giving it their all.
    Always surprised how much music can come from 1 guitar and a set of drums.

And not even a guitar, it's a bass guitar. It's insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Bass guitar as well

Ah ya, forgot about that. Think they do some routing to an extra amp to get the guitar sound when needed.
    Smart work though and well worth seeing live.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

This time two weeks.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

rebelreded wrote: »
    This time two weeks.........:D

Cant wait!!

Eurogiant shop have fold up camp chairs for 8 euro, and tesco had them too for 9 euro in case anyone is looking for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

My predictions for an announcement would be along the lines of The Strypes, The Minutes etc... Your run of the mill Irish acts..
    That's if there actually is an announcement.

I really don't see Royal Blood being announced at all, that would be a huge surprise.
    Would be great if they did though, fantastic live band! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Actually forget the Minutes, they won't be in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

andreac wrote: »
    Cant wait!!

Eurogiant shop have fold up camp chairs for 8 euro, and tesco had them too for 9 euro in case anyone is looking for some.

€5 in homestore and more

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

lbj666 wrote: »
    €5 in homestore and more

sold out there unfortunately.

2 for €18 in halfords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

It's Jamie T. It's bloody Jamie T.

Thought he was done man thought he was finished but he's back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

mimimcmc wrote: »
    My predictions for an announcement would be along the lines of The Strypes, The Minutes etc... Your run of the mill Irish acts..

would be very surprised if it's anyone bigger than that alright. My first thought was maybe Ash have never seen them would love to finally

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Easy Rod wrote: »

That would be absolutely brilliant! Is he playing any other festivals around that time?

• Advertisement

navosa wrote: »
    That would be absolutely brilliant! Is he playing any other festivals around that time?

Reading & Leeds I believe and then nothing after that.

Bear in mind, I've speculated that Jamie T is to be announced prior to every announcement so far. :o

Snarky Snark Snark

source?

source?

My boundless positivity.

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm gonna go ahead and slap a boundary on that positivity with a sign post that says "Source?"

I'm gonna go ahead and slap a boundary on that positivity with a sign post that says "Source?"

Blame Mr.S, he's the one fuelling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Am I the only one who thinks that he is.....not good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I think he's very overrated

Na, I'm sure there's a few other idiots alongside you. :pac:

Mince Pie will be along shortly to throw him into her list of hated bands alongside Future Islands and War on Drugs.:pac:

No to be fair, each to their own. I've just been a fan since the first time I heard Salvador way back when and have only seen him live once so he'd be a real highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Would'nt mind seeing Suede added to the bill, they only have one other festival appearance and thats in Madrid on September 12th, pleenntttyyyy of time to get them added to the bill for the Picnic.

Their set at Glastonbury this year was unreal, Brett really rolled back the years putting on a fantatsic performance!!!!!

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Suede would be nice, saw them in Dublin castle in 98...

god i'm old...

Advertisement