Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I see a big ep size gap for Cyprus Hill between tour dates..just to add another bit to the rumour mlll...but more likely to be crystal swing.

They would certainly fill the electric arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I see a big ep size gap for Cyprus Hill between tour dates..just to add another bit to the rumour mlll...but more likely to be crystal swing.

Ha i know, very likely to come over to Europe specially for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Azealia Banks coming off Reading and Leeds then a 2 and half week gap to her next US spot.

I know she let us down a couple of years back but I for one have forgiven her by now. Her album turned out to be triumph after a very long wait. She is more than a one hit wonder at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've searched a few places, but can't be sure on this.

Whats the craic with sleeping in a car/van in the car park? Has anyone come across issues with this?

Live about 30 mins from the site and plan to drive home on the Sat and Sun days to refresh etc, and really really don't want the tent experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

connundrum wrote: »
    I've searched a few places, but can't be sure on this.

Whats the craic with sleeping in a car/van in the car park? Has anyone come across issues with this?

Live about 30 mins from the site and plan to drive home on the Sat and Sun days to refresh etc, and really really don't want the tent experience.

Know people who always sleep in their cars in the carpark. Just don't be too obvious about it I think. not sure if its strictly allowed but hard to stop people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    They would certainly fill the electric arena

But where would they fit the orchestra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

FFS are also available for the three dates and touring in europe/uk before and after ...

would be a solid addition.

So I will settle for Azealia Banks and FFS ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My only request for this upcoming announcement (if legit...) is the Trinity Orchestra.

I don't think it's much to ask you to not break tradition Electric Picnic!!!

I know they don't play every year but I always really enjoy them when they do.

BUT, if there is going to be additions, I can think of a couple that would be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

My only request for this upcoming announcement (if legit...) is the Trinity Orchestra.

I don't think it's much to ask you to not break tradition Electric Picnic!!!

I know they don't play every year but I always really enjoy them when they do.

BUT, if there is going to be additions, I can think of a couple that would be nice...

They are voluntary group of students from all over, who have to convene at the end of the summer to practice, even a college society/group like this is tough to keep together. They have done it so far but they are probably finding it tougher as the years go on.

Folks here is a tip for ye, if its a sunny weekend stick one of these on the side of the tent facing where the sun will be in the morning. Should prevent the tent heating up too much.
    Army supplies or outdoor shops should have em.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-survival-blanket-784224?colcode=78422490

It also doubles up as a great outfit for the raves cause lads buzzin love shiney things. Also could in handy if ya take one banger too many thats all first aid will be giving ya anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any quick and easy way to keep cans from roasting in the boot of the car?
    Think someone mentioned foil wrapping. Where's the best place to get some?

Hypothermic foil on e-bay. Pre chill the ****e out of the beer, wrap it in foil keep in darkness. It's not going to give you ice cold beer, but the pre chill is half the battle.
    A freezer bag with ice in it is pretty effective, keep the can rotation going. Boom!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=400641464798&globalID=EBAY-IE

Good stuff, it cools your beer, keeps you warm should you need it, can drape it over your tent if sunny to reflect heat, can even serve has added water proofing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lbj666 wrote: »
    They are voluntary group of students from all over, who have to convene at the end of the summer to practice, even a college society/group like this is tough to keep together. They have done it so far but they are probably finding it tougher as the years go on.

Oh I know. But that doesn't stop me hoping!

They played at Forbidden Fruit earlier this summer AFAIK and they did Sufjan Stevens which I'd love to see. Especially seeing as I can't get to see actual-Sufjan Stevens...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ok Mr S seeing that you are keeping your lips sealed maybe give a small hint, is it a smattering of International and Irish acts or is it mainly Irish stuff? :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I actually hope that the John Butler Trio is one of the acts scooped as I was looking at clips of their Boomtown performance which looks amazing and I know that they are playing Rock en Seine. Their tour seems to end at August but hopefully they might add a few shows to September too and EP as one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

[c] [d] [e] [f]uck trying to use tags [/:p]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Mr.S wrote: »
    I got there in the end! Damn mobile app

it's hidden now so mine looks spare :D. I know who the acts are now just got a text from jesus christ himself letting me in on the secret

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Just a bit of info for anyone who got tents from the Halfords Sale.
    I went into them Wednesday and they didn't have my order there. They said they would contact me when the tents arrive. On the order confirmation it said they would hold me order till Sat 22/08 so i just chanced my arm and went into them again today. After them rooting around for a while, they got me the tents.
    So anyone still waiting on a message from them, id say just go into them if you have a chance.

I hope its not Hozier again in the announcement. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

All Tvvins and Ash would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Na, I'm sure there's a few other idiots alongside you. :pac:

Mince Pie will be along shortly to throw him into her list of hated bands alongside Future Islands and War on Drugs.:pac:

No to be fair, each to their own. I've just been a fan since the first time I heard Salvador way back when and have only seen him live once so he'd be a real highlight for me.

Nope, will be tootling along for a bit of Jamie T action if he gets announced. Will leave the spoons in me tent. :D

Young Fathers are on the line up for Festival No 6 which share quite a few acts. I know they played last year but wondering if they would get added again?

Everyone is gonna be so disappointed with the announcement next week. Ps wanna put a smiley face in but phone won't let me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Everyone is gonna be so disappointed with the announcement next week. Ps wanna put a smiley face in but phone won't let me

Not possible, loving the line up so far and couldn't give a monkies who's announced. Just curious is all and if its something cool then all the better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

What are the chances of EP being on the first weekend of September because the weekend before is a full moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm just after buying an artist camping ticket what exactly does that mean. Ive been 3 times in the past and never heard of this before? ??

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Everyone is gonna be so disappointed with the announcement next week.

What's with all the negativity?? You haven't had a good word to say since Mr.S put up his post yesterday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm just after buying an artist camping ticket what exactly does that mean. Ive been 3 times in the past and never heard of this before? ??

You bought an artist camping ticket and you've never heard of it before? Brave man. I've no idea what it is

Sounds like an artists wristband, so you will have the rights of a performer at the festival possibly which also might mean you don't need to enter through the campsite entrances into the main arena,you can just go through the large grey gate like other festival crew. Thats what I think you have got anyway.

Edit: Maybe ask the mod Melekalikimaka, he might know more about the pass.

SmallBalls wrote: »
    What's with all the negativity?? You haven't had a good word to say since Mr.S put up his post yesterday..

We'll last year's final announcement was pony as far as I was concerned so not getting my hopes up

Just done my checklist for the picnic....bit of shopping to do

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Mr.S wrote: »
    Mostly Irish

:D

Out of respect to LN I won't say anything!

Gemma Hayes please, last album is as a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Gemma Hayes please, last album is as a cracker.

As is she!

Advertisement