Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    What are the chances of EP being on the first weekend of September because the weekend before is a full moon?

? Elaborate please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    What are the chances of EP being on the first weekend of September because the weekend before is a full moon?
    gandalfio wrote: »
    ? Elaborate please.

The day after the EP (Monday) is always the 1st Monday of September. (Check the dates since 2004)
    This is why the dates change slightly every year.
    Next year it'll be held Sept 2nd-4th.

I've no idea why the 1st Monday of Sept is significant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just about the artist ticket above, they have your name etc and you need to go through the performer entrance and you'll get a different band and be allowed into a different camping area as well as all the little weird areas

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Trying to pick up a couple of Sunday tickets to this. They seem to be like absolute gold dust :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Trying to pick up a couple of Sunday tickets to this. They seem to be like absolute gold dust :(

I'd love to know the break down between the weekend camping and the infidel tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd love to know the break down between the weekend camping and the infidel tickets.

:D:D:D
    never heard of them being described as that before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Listening to The 2 Bears....they'd better play Bear Hug, so infectious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Sunday tickets? i don't think they put that many for sale because they were upping the no. of weekend tickets. The sunday tickets sold out very fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mr.S wrote: »
    I must stress that it's a good final announcement, we're not talking headliners here.

So subbers and mid afternoon, early evening acts, could be still interesting anyways, bring it on.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 musikaaaaaa

My friend just bought 2 tickets of seatwave and they said the seller has not received the tickets yet. Should she have any reason to worry? Has everyone received the tickets through the post by now?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Possibly been answered before, but I can't remember after the last time I was at the EP. A few years ago now.

Just 2 questions:

Alcohol. You can bring your own booze to the campsite or to the paid camping areas, but obviously not into the main arena/area.

Stage times. You have to pay for these? (Which is a joke if so!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

seachto7 wrote: »
    Possibly been answered before, but I can't remember after the last time I was at the EP. A few years ago now.

Just 2 questions:

Alcohol. You can bring your own booze to the campsite or to the paid camping areas, but obviously not into the main arena/area.

You can bring your own drink to the campsite and then after the bars close in the main arena you can bring some alcohol in with you to the main stage etc.

Stage times have been released in the day or two building up to the festival the last two years as far as I know, pretty late notice though. Full timetables are on the lanyards you can buy there for €10 also but the past two years I just printed off the timetables at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I must stress that it's a good final announcement, we're not talking headliners here.

We'll go with that so.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

seachto7 wrote: »

Just 2 questions:

All alcohol can be brought to the campsite as long as there is no glass.
    bring your drink in after bars close

There is someone on here who has developed an app for the festival on android and ios. He's waiting on the clashfinder and stage times to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bought my tent earlier! Excitement really starting to build!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

My friend just bought 2 tickets of seatwave and they said the seller has not received the tickets yet. Should she have any reason to worry? Has everyone received the tickets through the post by now?
    Thanks

People who bought etickets in the 1st round of sales back last september are due to get their tickets reissued in hard copy and post to them. No eticket will be valid for the event.

So, I think there are a small number that may not have gotten tickets yet.

I thought getmein were the only secondary vendors that were sanctioned by EP. Did ticketmaster verify these tickets ? How can they be verified if they haven't got them yet.

My advise is not to panic yet but be vigilant.

I just make sure your friend has an avenue to get his/her money back if things go tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

lbj666 wrote: »
    People who bought etickets in the 1st round of sales back last september are due to get their tickets reissued in hard copy and post to them. No eticket will be valid for the event.

I thought getmein were the only secondary vendors that were sanctioned by EP. Did ticketmaster verify these tickets ? How can they be verified if they haven't got them yet.

I just make sure your friend has an avenue to get his/her money back if things go tits up.

GetMeIn is the same company as Seatwave, and I reckon it'll all eventually become Seatwave. As far as I'm aware there are two shipping options, "Tickets in Hand - Express" and "Standard". It could be a case they just chose standard as Seatwave will charge a fee if Express is chosen and they aren't shipped within a week of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm hearing chatter about actually clamping down on performers passes being sold out (names being checked) this year.

I know last year we had to 'register' any names that we gave performers passes too (which was never the case) - but AFAIK they where never checked.

Don't have one but out of prurient interest, what would they do if the names don't match up?

Kick the peoples out who do have valid tickets or just give them a normal wrist band and release them into the unwashed masses?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

How many cans aloud per person? 48?

Yep or the equivalent in spirits or wines, no glass though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 musikaaaaaa

lbj666 wrote: »

Great thanks. Seatwave and ticketmaster are the same company but I take your point that they can't be verified yet. Seatwave said the seller doesn't get paid until 10 days after the event to make sure there were no issues so I don't think there is any incentive to be selling dodgy ones. Just hope for her sake they are legit

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Morning all. Going to EP for first time in a few years and booked the two man tent pack from pinkmoon. Would anyone know what the shower set up is like from previous years? And I'm presuming the towels aren't provided. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Showers were kept pretty well. They are separate small portacabins type things. Expect queues during peak times, no towels as ya would expect. There's good setup for breakfasts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 UhOhhh

Does anyone know anywhere that sells cans of Tiger beer?

UhOhhh wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere that sells cans of Tiger beer?

Probably at Supervalu in Stradbally, some of the options for lager draught at the bars was Tiger beer as well, quite a nice pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It's to stop people rolling up with pallet loads of booze to sell inside. Understandable!
    Haven't seen the 48 can rule ever enforced! If it was you could do more than one trip through the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 UhOhhh

Probably at Supervalu in Stradbally, some of the options for lager draught at the bars was Tiger beer as well, quite a nice pint.

Yeah, I've been drinking it for the past few months and I love it. Bottles are easy enough to get, but I'm yet to see anywhere that sell cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

UhOhhh wrote:
    Yeah, I've been drinking it for the past few months and I love it. Bottles are easy enough to get, but I'm yet to see anywhere that sell cans.

Never seen cans of it, but could get pints of it at the main bar last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

declanleo wrote: »
    All alcohol can be brought to the campsite as long as there is no glass.

Will this be enforced? Im fairly sure I brought a glass bottle of vodka with me into the campsite in 2013. I wasnt at the festival last year so dont know if this is a new rule.
    They'll hardly search everyone?

• Advertisement

Will this be enforced? Im fairly sure I brought a glass bottle of vodka with me into the campsite in 2013. I wasnt at the festival last year so dont know if this is a new rule.
    They'll hardly search everyone?

I'm pretty certain that no glass at a camping music festival is a world-wide rule well in countries that have music festivals anyway.

Advertisement