Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Blonde moment! :(
    Im off to take a running jump into a hole now...

My point was though, that it is very possible to bring glass bottles in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Blonde moment! :(
    Im off to take a running jump into a hole now...

My point was though, that it is very possible to bring glass bottles in.

I'm sure its possible alright, In 2005 I took in a bottle of Baileys in my rucksack with my sleeping bag wrapped round it, the security only really give the rucksack a bit of a squeeze unless you are taking the piss with the glass.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

UhOhhh wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere that sells cans of Tiger beer?

Don't remember ever seeing it in a can before but looks like Tesco might have them:
    http://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252335158

That page doesn't say cans or bottles. Be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cpt odd Socks

Absolutely loving Tame Impalas new song "the less I know the better"

Dug out the tent today to air it out. Hasn't been used since last year, excitements really starting to build now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone get their campervan ticket yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm gonna be in Stradbally in a weeks time, I canna wait.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

anyone have any pics of the build/setup to whet the appetite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea, I got mine on Friday.
    anyone have any pics of the build/setup to whet the appetite?
    That'd really ramp up the excitement levels!
    I was in Stradbally yesterday, they have the main carpark cordoned off with the Harris fencing!
    I saw a bit of activity on site but when i got to main street i saw it was one of those vintage rally things going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I was in Stradbally yesterday, they have the main carpark cordoned off with the Harris fencing!
    I saw a bit of activity on site but when i got to main street i saw it was one of those vintage rally things going on.

ah right, I thought they'd be started with the build by now, but sure perhaps they could be while also holding a vintage rally.
    Would love to see a few build pics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

ah right, I thought they'd be started with the build by now, but sure perhaps they could be while also holding a vintage rally.
    I wasn't on site at the thing, i was just passing through so i'm sure there are plenty of bits done. None of the tents appear to be up yet though as you can clearly see them as you come over the windy gap hill from Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from memory, this week is when the paid construction people arrive and start putting up the stages/larger structures. next weekend volunteers arrive for the rest of the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Someone from the security company posted a pic to the fb page so the build has started. Probably a lot of activity this morning. The fb will have pics up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Absolutely loving Tame Impalas new song "the less I know the better"

Dug out the tent today to air it out. Hasn't been used since last year, excitements really starting to build now

Yeah its excellent, for a band with only three albums they've a lot of great songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

any idea what day the announcement will be this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

suddenly have a feeling that Midge Ure will be announced. would be bit of fun for an early evening slot

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Other Voices have just announced the final additions to their stage including Booka Brass Band, Lisa O'Neill, The Academic, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, Otherkin and Mahalia as well as two special guest appearances that will be announced at the festival.

Completing the line-up for this year's Body&Soul Village are Bray vocalist and violinist Joni, alt-rockers Hail The Ghost, Damsel who are fronted by singer/songwriter Luke O'Neill and The Inishowen Gospel Choir who will open the Body&Soul main stage on Sunday.

I presume this isn't the end of the announcements for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Looks like it arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Rob094 wrote: »
    I presume this isn't the end of the announcements for this week?
    Where did you get the Body & Soul bit from?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Anyone heard if the off-license is open for orders yet? cant see it on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Where did you get the Body & Soul bit from?

Email newsletter thing!

• Advertisement

F**k me I just want it to be EP time!!!

Really need the clashfinder to go up. I have 41 must see acts already so I need some clashes to thin the herd!

Really need the clashfinder to go up. I have 41 must see acts already so I need some clashes to thin the herd!

Beansybeansy I know it's getting close to Picnic time when you post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I don't get why they can't have the day splits done well in advance. Every other festival does the day splits well in advance. It will be a week on Wednesday before the clashfinder is up if memory serves me right from last year

Beansybeansy I know it's getting close to Picnic time when you post ;)

Hello Matey!! been trying not think about it, not get too over excited! But yes, I'M BAACCKKK!!!

declanleo wrote: »
    I don't get why they can't have the day splits done well in advance. Every other festival does the day splits well in advance. It will be a week on Wednesday before the clashfinder is up if memory serves me right from last year

Yeah, Its always so late, been checking Songkick to try to figure out who's playing when but no luck so far. I just know Ride are playing the Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Anyone who has purchased a Campervan ticket will receive them in the post within the next 5-7 days. #EP2015 - EP Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

it is started
    http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Looks like it arrived this morning.

today I got the sticker for the campervan ... but it isn't a ticket ... IIRC, previously i got a regular ticketmaster ticket as well as the sticker ...

do you have a ticket or sticker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PadraigOK wrote: »
    I put together this list (by no means complete), take with a huge pinch of salt (as acts generally stick down the first day of the festival), but a few of those acts are nailed on for that particular day.

Florence - Fri
    Underworld - Fri
    Belle and Sebastian - Fri (Electric Arena)
    Chvrches - Fri
    Battles - Fri
    Girl Band - Fri
    Dawes - Fri

Blur - Sat
    Roisin Murphy - Sat
    George Ezra - Sat
    Low - Sat
    Printer Clips - Sat
    Alvvays - Sat

Interpol - Sun
    Manics - Sun
    Tame Impala - Sun
    Paul Kalkbrenner - Sun
    J5 - Sun
    MK - Sun
    Gavin James - Sun
    Viet Cong - Sun
    Pond - Sun
    Metz - Sun
    Here We Go Magic - Sun

Grace Jones - Fri/Sat
    The War On Drugs - Fri/Sat
    Future Islands - Fri/Sat
    Mac De Marco - Fri/Sat
    My Morning Jacket - Fri/Sun
    Django Django - Sat/Sun
    Parquet Courts - Sat/Sun

Mac DeMarco and Natalie Prass are on Saturday

http://www.elasticartists.net/shows/?view=calendar-block&showmonth=9&showyear=2015&_wpnonce=6b604b637e

Advertisement