Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

even if they just let everyone shit in the woods. watch your step on the way back though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

maximoose wrote: »
    They sound great compared to the long-drop troughs at Picnic.

You see things in there that no man/woman should ever see.

Is it weird that I don't look into the long drops before using them? :rolleyes:

Is it weird that I don't look into the long drops before using them? :rolleyes:

what happens if someone is trapped down there it would be too awkward to rescue them after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    There MUST be a better solution than a portaloo!!!

Mind you the best I've seen are the compost toilets at Glastonbury. Basically long drops but instead of the tank underneath, each cubicle had a wheelie bin. No nasty views to the left or right :eek::eek:
    Pee-poo then cover it over with your cup of compost/saw dust. It sounds like the crudest method and I was avoiding completely, but was extremely surprised when I did eventually use them!!! no smell what so ever!!!:cool::cool:

Wheelie bins swapped by an attendant when full and emptied via a truck every so often.
    not true, the ones in Dairy Ground beside The Park absolutely stank all weekend, the ones in South Park weren't great either, the only clean ones I came across were the ones at the back of the bar on Park hill, and that's presumably because they had no roof on them, so maybe the others were so bad because it was because it was so hot and they had roofs on them. I thought the portaloos and longdrops at EP are far better. even the urinals were much better at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

what happens if someone is trapped down there it would be too awkward to rescue them after

Posted this last year too heh heh.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/charlotte-taylor-gets-stuck-toilet-4472827

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Give us the goddam map EP!!!

There appear to be acts playing which weren't included in today's trailer park announcement. Any idea where to find the full lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

gandalfio wrote: »
    There appear to be acts playing which weren't included in today's trailer park announcement. Any idea where to find the full lineup?

Think everyone is on the poster here:
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

any kind soul here made up an ep 2015 playlist??

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Think everyone is on the poster here:
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

Any kind souls care to post a check list? I'm sure there's one here somewhere that I have missed. It's only around the corner now so I should probably start to prepare myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

not true, the ones in Dairy Ground beside The Park absolutely stank all weekend, the ones in South Park weren't great either, the only clean ones I came across were the ones at the back of the bar on Park hill, and that's presumably because they had no roof on them, so maybe the others were so bad because it was because it was so hot and they had roofs on them. I thought the portaloos and longdrops at EP are far better. even the urinals were much better at EP.

Must have been quite close to you ghostdancer, we're Dairy residents too! The ones down over the railway track coming from Dairy were fine I though, never waited at all and were regularly cleaned, presumably cause of the traffic coming from the Other stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Have to say the green Glasto toilets permanently fixed in concrete were appalling, worse than any long drop!
    This was 2014 and the "compost toilets" were located where river mead meets the Pylon ground, it was quite warm that year too. I'm not speaking about a tank version where everything is sloshing around underneath, these are "dry" the waste is stored in an actual plastic wheelie bin that you would have at your house.
    They were proper full height cubicles with actual toilet bowls if I remember correctly, defo had a decent seat.
    There was absolutely no smell any time I used them, the only thing you could really smell was the musty bark/compost as you took a cup of the stuff in with you, it was like the material you might put on a flower bed!
    I'm convinced it's the future for festivals, no smell, no leakage, no blue chemicals used.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/glastonbury-2014-worthy-farm-says-goodbye-to-the-stinky-portable-loo-9566039.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Have to say the green Glasto toilets permanently fixed in concrete were appalling, worse than any long drop!
    This was 2014 and the "compost toilets" were located where river mead meets the Pylon ground, it was quite warm that year too. I'm not speaking about a tank version where everything is sloshing around underneath, these are "dry" the waste is stored in an actual plastic wheelie bin that you would have at your house.
    They were proper full height cubicles with actual toilet bowls if I remember correctly, defo had a decent seat.
    There was absolutely no smell any time I used them, the only thing you could really smell was the musty bark/compost as you took a cup of the stuff in with you, it was like the material you might put on a flower bed!
    I'm convinced it's the future for festivals, no smell, no leakage, no blue chemicals used.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/glastonbury-2014-worthy-farm-says-goodbye-to-the-stinky-portable-loo-9566039.html

How do they make sure people bring , bark ash or whatever with them. Are there people manning them at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Anyone thinking Thom Yorke could be added?

http://tomorrowsmodernboxes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

UPDATE FROM BYE CAMPING FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

Hello all you lovely BYEco campers
    I am happy to say that we can let the first 50 names on the waiting list into BYE.co campsite smile emoticon whooooop
    We have measured the site and if you all work with us, by letting our helpful team members place you in your area of choice we maybe able to squeeze in the rest of the guys on the waiting list ?
    A map is coming shortly of our campsite and the zones of camping we have created.
    There are six Zzones altogether ranging from:
    Yellow quieter camping.
    Red family camping.
    Blue family camping.
    Green maybe not so quite camping.
    Orange probably not quite at all camping.
    Purple possibly slight disturbance camping.
    These six Zzones will be marked on our map so please pick your spot carefully !!!!!
    Remember folks you are coming to a festival !!
    BYEco is not The family camping or The quite camping area of the festival we are ECo camping and we run on solar we have the power to run all night.
    Our sounds come from 12v systems and we will have live music and drumming. All coming from our Main Tent your HQ.
    Please do not camp near if you wish for sound sleep smile emoticon
    Camp in Zzone yellow ok smile emoticon
    To all the guys that have just made it into the campsite we shall be mailing you all soon.
    Kind regards
    BYEco

deeceemee wrote: »

I am happy to say that we can let the first 50 names on the waiting list into BYE.co campsite smile emoticon whooooop
    We have measured the site and if you all work with us, by letting our helpful team members place you in your area of choice we maybe able to squeeze in the rest of the guys on the waiting list ?
    A map is coming shortly of our campsite and the zones of camping we have created.
    Yellow quieter camping.
    Red family camping.
    Blue family camping.
    These six Zzones will be marked on our map so please pick your spot carefully !!!!!
    BYEco is not The family camping or The quite camping area of the festival we are ECo camping and we run on solar we have the power to run all night.
    Our sounds come from 12v systems and we will have live music and drumming. All coming from our Main Tent your HQ.
    To all the guys that have just made it into the campsite we shall be mailing you all soon.
    Kind regards
    BYEco

Is this genuine or a wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

gandalfio wrote: »
    Is this genuine or a wind up?

I'm guessing genuine
    sounds like a major expansion there. That could well be all of Wilde.

go 12v :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

We'll need to organise a Boards meet up, I'm hoping to organise a much smaller Efestivals meet up too. Some location will need to be worked out by Saturday night as I leave the following day for Stradbally where I won't be online for 8 days, unless I can find a cyber cafe or library in Stradbally.

How about 5 on the friday @ salty dog?

I think that was what was agreed last year. I didn't make it.. did anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

pmalone wrote: »
    How about 5 on the friday @ salty dog?

I think that was what was agreed last year. I didn't make it.. did anyone?

I went up last year at 5 but couldn't find anyone, but in fairness, we didn't organise it that well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

John83 wrote: »
    First time going for the full weekend this year. Will be driving and arriving early-ish on Friday morning.

I was wondering would the seasoned pro's have any tips on where the best place to camp would be for a debutant? Or what are the pro's and con's of the different sites.

Also is there any site maps available yet or are we waiting for that?

IN terms of camp site, just find a spot in any site, Not under a tree, next to a fence or path, at least 5 tents in and you'll be grand.

For tips, follow this and you'll be grand:
    Ticket, tent, sleeping matt/mattress, sleeping bag, warm clothing, rain jacket, 2 pairs of boots or shoes, warm socks, loo roll, towel, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, beer, money, camp chair. Leave your self respect at home.

TOP TIP: Bring gloves, nothing worse than holding a can at 2am in the morning with cold hands, give the spare glove to a friend and you will have a servant for life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

deeceemee wrote: »

Yellow quieter camping.
    Red family camping.
    Blue family camping.
    Kind regards
    BYEco

snobby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

What are BYE playing at? My group is spread across 5 bookings of 4 people per booking, haven't a bog now if we're going to have spaces allocated, if we'll be able to camp with mates or if people can bring down tents in advance and pitch them for us. Talk about spread FUD!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

snobby.jpg

Seriously, is that what was typed? Quite instead of quiet? Less of the smart ass and a bit of work on basic spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There was a poster on here a few days ago saying there was one final announcement to come (apologies - I don't recall your username) but I'm just noticing that with the addition of Trailer Park yesterday, the "And more to be added" line is gone from the poster on EP's site...

Can we take it that this is our lot?

Personally, I'm thrilled with it as is, but if there's more to come I'll keep a closer on here and Facebook to see the announcement!!

Anyone able to decipher the eco camping zones?

I can just imagine sitting outside my tent then this happening because the can I opened was too loud for the yellow zone

359811.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fiachb7

Anyone know if they're still accepting volunteers? I applies to body and soul there last week but my account won't log in online. I'm getting desperate at this stage without having to spend 350 on a ticket.

I'm guessing genuine
    sounds like a major expansion there. That could well be all of Wilde.

go 12v :)

Not a wind up at all, that was posted to their page last nite. :) I think that there was 800 space + 50 waiting list at the moment. There are others still on the waiting list so best estimation 1000 space give or take. Still a relatively small area in comparison to other camp sites

snobby.jpg

hmmmm cynical!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

It's going to be cold down there.

Advertisement