Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ruxjit wrote: »
    It's going to be cold down there.

wear extra underwear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

There was a poster on here a few days ago saying there was one final announcement to come (apologies - I don't recall your username) but I'm just noticing that with the addition of Trailer Park yesterday, the "And more to be added" line is gone from the poster on EP's site...

Can we take it that this is our lot?

Personally, I'm thrilled with it as is, but if there's more to come I'll keep a closer on here and Facebook to see the announcement!!

Mr S?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Hi, any chance does anyone know if I would get away with putting up a gazebo with my caravan.? I don't have an awning and I would like to have some kind of porch for the caravan to throw my boots etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Banatamon wrote: »
    Hi, any chance does anyone know if I would get away with putting up a gazebo with my caravan.? I don't have an awning and I would like to have some kind of porch for the caravan to throw my boots etc
    Most people do that.Won't be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Ruxjit wrote: »
    It's going to be cold down there.

Wait, what?!

Some other guy was on here yesterday saying it might rain. Where are people getting these ridiculous notions from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wait, what?!

Some other guy was on here yesterday saying it might rain. Where are people getting these ridiculous notions from?

It's usually pretty cold down there at night, even if the weather is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Just in case anyone was going to see Printer Clips - don't bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Steroo wrote: »

Why? They're on my list and the album is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

HO99O9 are down to play B&S on the Fri, Hundred Waters on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Steroo wrote: »

go on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Wait, what?!

No need to be a sarcastic (unt!

It will be colder than it normally is down there.

Rob094 wrote: »
    Why? They're on my list and the album is decent.
    Ok - I just went to a gig & found it to be the most boring I'd ever been to! can't believe they are on the line up.. but if you like the album go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Just been told I need to go to Budapest on Monday until Thursday night next week to work. So I need to get my festival gear organised this week. At least next week will go super quick now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Fatfrog wrote: »

Wheelie bins swapped by an attendant when full and emptied via a truck every so often.

Wow, that guy has won in life. Can you apply for that job?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Any hidden gems I should listen to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Just been told I need to go to Budapest on Monday until Thursday night next week to work. So I need to get my festival gear organised this week. At least next week will go super quick now!!

I read this wrong initially and thought for a second you meant you had to go to Budapest on Monday the 7th, was feeling sorry for you. THOUGHT for a while I had to do this presentation thing on a stage in Dublin first thing Monday morning and was dreading it - thankfully its been postponed.

The week will fly now, is right!
    10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

What have you so far so I can judge your taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I read this wrong initially and thought for a second you meant you had to go to Budapest on Monday the 7th, was feeling sorry for you. THOUGHT for a while I had to do this presentation thing on a stage in Dublin first thing Monday morning and was dreading it - thankfully its been postponed.

The week will fly now, is right!
    10 days!

God no, I have 2 days booked off after picnic for recovery purposes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

What have you so far so I can judge your taste?
    My favourites on the lineup are Tame Impala so that I suppose but I am open to anything

My favourites on the lineup are Tame Impala so that I suppose but I am open to anything

Ah I like your style. Try some of these:
    Pond (obviously)
    Parquet Courts
    Viet Cong
    Metz
    Bitch Falcon
    Alvvays
    Fat White Family
    New Valley Wolves

• Advertisement

Just got round to listening to the EP from H099O9, definite Death Grips sound to things, if that's your bag?!

Of those further down the lineup, I'm looking forward to Shamir (Hot Chip meets Prince), Metz (disturbingly loud garage rock), Alvvays (sugary sweet indie pop) and Natalie Prass (singer songwriter from the Matthew E White stable).

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

2Unlimited added to the Electric Ireland 90s thing. Cue outrage.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Just got round to listening to the EP from H099O9, definite Death Grips sound to things, if that's your bag?!

Of those further down the lineup, I'm looking forward to Shamir (Hot Chip meets Prince), Metz (disturbingly loud garage rock), Alvvays (sugary sweet indie pop) and Natalie Prass (singer songwriter from the Matthew E White stable).
    Have you seen Ho99o9 live?

I'm not sure they're any good but worth a look nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »

Outrage :eek::eek: No, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, there's no outrage

Have you seen Ho99o9 live?

I'm not sure they're any good but worth a look nonetheless.
    Nope, if I'm honest, hadn't heard of them until they were announced. But that sound could work quite well in B&S at night.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Nope, if I'm honest, hadn't heard of them until they were announced. But that sound could work quite well in B&S at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73tzdjsnYaY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Synode wrote: »
    Outrage :eek::eek: No, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, no, no. No, no, there's no outrage

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »

techNO techNO techNO techNO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fiachb7 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're still accepting volunteers? I applies to body and soul there last week but my account won't log in online. I'm getting desperate at this stage without having to spend 350 on a ticket.

Try this one, Friends of the Earth Volunteer, similar to the Green Warden Volunteers at Body & Soul festival this year, it just cropped up in the EP facebook yesterday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement