Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Any hidden gems I should listen to ?

The LA Priest is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Check out staring at lakes. Playing Sunday 6pm in body and soul!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

My favourites on the lineup are Tame Impala so that I suppose but I am open to anything
    not really that "hidden", but My Morning Jacket would be similar, psychedelic-ish rock, a bit more blues-y than Tame Impala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Hundred Waters

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    2Unlimited added to the Electric Ireland 90s thing. Cue outrage.

Once again im on my own here but i do love me some cheesy 90's so im delighted ha.

Also after someone recommending this lad a few months ago to me and i can not wait to see him

[

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

deeceemee wrote: »
    UPDATE FROM BYE CAMPING FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

Hello all you lovely BYEco campers
    I am happy to say that we can let the first 50 names on the waiting list into BYE.co campsite smile emoticon whooooop
    We have measured the site and if you all work with us, by letting our helpful team members place you in your area of choice we maybe able to squeeze in the rest of the guys on the waiting list ?
    A map is coming shortly of our campsite and the zones of camping we have created.
    There are six Zzones altogether ranging from:
    Yellow quieter camping.
    Red family camping.
    Blue family camping.
    Green maybe not so quite camping.
    Orange probably not quite at all camping.
    Purple possibly slight disturbance camping.
    These six Zzones will be marked on our map so please pick your spot carefully !!!!!
    Remember folks you are coming to a festival !!
    BYEco is not The family camping or The quite camping area of the festival we are ECo camping and we run on solar we have the power to run all night.
    Our sounds come from 12v systems and we will have live music and drumming. All coming from our Main Tent your HQ.
    Please do not camp near if you wish for sound sleep smile emoticon
    Camp in Zzone yellow ok smile emoticon
    To all the guys that have just made it into the campsite we shall be mailing you all soon.
    Kind regards
    BYEco

It looks like it was updated by a Chinese eBay seller! What the bejesus is going on with the BYEco camping this year? It seems absolutely terribly organised and I signed up to the "waiting list" via a Facebook message and got a confusing reply

Oksmileemoticon confusedemoticon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Tourist (Similar to Jon Hopkins, sorta ice chill DnB)
    Clu (Dublin DJs and band) Interesting electronica rock and pop with a visual art element too)
    GIRO (If you like a bit of trad and a bit of wild gypsy folk check out these guys on the Body & Soul main stage at 4 pm on the Saturday)
    Big Jelly (Galway 11 piece ska act that will have you stomping with Desmond Dekker classics)
    Paul Kalkbrenner (Classic pumping techno fodder)
    Django Django (A great Scottish and Irish rock group with the energy of the likes of XTC and The Cramps, lovely jangly guitar and pretty psychedelic sounding)
    Apart from the known headliners there is a sh1tload to discover, fantastic line up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Once again im on my own here but i do love me some cheesy 90's so im delighted ha.

You're not on your own at all. I'll be there too

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Outrage,ha,I think will be comical. I'm looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Remember the rumour that one of them had died in a car crash ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

By the looks of it the Eco camping gonna be an absolute shambles.
    Wouldn't be too confident of getting in , or getting a decent kip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Tourist (Similar to Jon Hopkins, sorta ice chill DnB)
    Clu (Dublin DJs and band) Interesting electronica rock and pop with a visual art element too)
    GIRO (If you like a bit of trad and a bit of wild gypsy folk check out these guys on the Body & Soul main stage at 4 pm on the Saturday)
    Big Jelly (Galway 11 piece ska act that will have you stomping with Desmond Dekker classics)
    Paul Kalkbrenner (Classic pumping techno fodder)
    Django Django (A great Scottish and Irish rock group with the energy of the likes of XTC and The Cramps, lovely jangly guitar and pretty psychedelic sounding)
    Apart from the known headliners there is a sh1tload to discover, fantastic line up.
    I love that you know all the genres!
    Any acid zumba acts over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

isn't it interesting how this thread comes alive during working hours ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

wouldn't mind a spot of indie gabber or some country speedcore

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

pmalone wrote: »
    isn't it interesting how this thread comes alive during working hours ? ;)
    It's lunchtime *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Are Cry Monster Cry worth a listen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Are Cry Monster Cry worth a listen to?

Yep, I like their album. I do kinda know them from where they're from but it's still good stuff. Nice chilled early afternoon act.

They're your typical chillcore nu-folk duo.

Easy Rod wrote: »

They're your typical chillcore nu-folk duo.

Oh ok - I think I'd like this! will wander up that far for a peek. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Heya guys,

I already know ill have no luck but you can't get if you don't ask.

I was seriously hoping to camp with my brother who lives in the uk. His mates ended up getting eco camping tickets and they only have one spare so I can't take it and bail on the boyf.

If anyone happened to overbook one place in the eco campsite could you give me a shout, I promise to pay in forward in a big way

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

-=al=- wrote: »
    It looks like it was updated by a Chinese eBay seller! What the bejesus is going on with the BYEco camping this year? It seems absolutely terribly organised and I signed up to the "waiting list" via a Facebook message and got a confusing reply

Oksmileemoticon confusedemoticon

Well as the saying goes "you get nothing for nothing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It looks like it going to be a wet one leading up to the festival, but looks like its clearing up for the festival weekend. :)http://www.worldweatheronline.com/v2/weather.aspx?q=Stradbally,%20Ireland

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Another newbie question: Whats the deal with lockers and storage boxes? Are they both secure or is it just the locker that's secure?

It looks like it going to be a wet one leading up to the festival, but looks like its clearing up for the festival weekend. :)http://www.worldweatheronline.com/v2/weather.aspx?q=Stradbally,%20Ireland

Been wondering loads about the weather. Cos I'm ****ting it for my hair. Presume you're obviously worrying about the same thing.
    Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Guys,

Has anyone any experience regarding the Tour de Picnic? I've decided very late on to give it a bash, but the one issue being that I probably wouldn't get off work on the Monday morning (but would on the Friday). Can you get any bus back to Dublin after it's over or is there particular special buses that leave, and if so, do people know what time usually?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

John83 wrote: »
    Another newbie question: Whats the deal with lockers and storage boxes? Are they both secure or is it just the locker that's secure?

It was just put up on the site yesterday!

All secure by the sounds of it

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/book-your-lockers-now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Long range forecasts are very rarely correct

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Synode wrote: »
    Long range forecasts are very rarely correct

Short range ones aren't much better!

John83 wrote: »

I bought locks for my bag/ case. thought I'd stick the key onto my wristband. Then I happened to be given a case with a combination lock on it which I thought was great. Am I being naive? dont intend to bring anything valuable but would obviously prefer not to be robbed..

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

It was just put up on the site yesterday!

All secure by the sounds of it

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/book-your-lockers-now

Cheers, I read that alright but I was just confused. Sounds like they're both the same thing from that - except the storage boxes are bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

I bought locks for my bag/ case. thought I'd stick the key onto my wristband. Then I happened to be given a case with a combination lock on it which I thought was great. Am I being naive? dont intend to bring anything valuable but would obviously prefer not to be robbed..

The folk that rob normally have knives and slash tents etc. You are just better off not bringing anything that you mind losing.

Advertisement