Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I keep an eye on YR.no for weather. Fairly accurate but everything can change in a matter of days.
    Wont know much till Tues or Wednesday next week:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Stradbally/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

John83 wrote: »
    Cheers, I read that alright but I was just confused. Sounds like they're both the same thing from that - except the storage boxes are bigger.

And I'd imagine there's people working there and they are enclosed so they'd be very safe for valuables

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Productivity has hit an all time low today. Too excited to work. It's going to be a long 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

fits wrote: »
    The folk that rob normally have knives and slash tents etc. You are just better off not bringing anything that you mind losing.

f*ckers!
    Thanks. I'll bring masking tape just in case so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

I bought locks for my bag/ case. thought I'd stick the key onto my wristband. Then I happened to be given a case with a combination lock on it which I thought was great. Am I being naive? dont intend to bring anything valuable but would obviously prefer not to be robbed..

Your bringing a case? Def wouldn't recommend that. my friend brought one last year and ended up carrying it as opposed to wheeling it a long. Had to stop every two seconds to get it outta the muck. Back pack or hold-all is best option

• Advertisement

Libadour wrote: »
    Productivity has hit an all time low today. Too excited to work. It's going to be a long 10 days!

Same. I'm even looking up tickets on sale, even though I have them.
    Anything EP related today really...

Your bringing a case? Def wouldn't recommend that. my friend brought one last year and ended up carrying it as opposed to wheeling it a long. Had to stop every two seconds to get it outta the muck. Back pack or hold-all is best option

I was going to, to be honest. I went with one of the photographers last year and he did have a nightmare trawling through with his camera case (no choice but to bring it for equipment) BUT I still thought itd be better than a bag as I've so much stuff when you add it up plus its a hard case so I figured it double up as a table in the tent.
    Might have a look for something more suitable though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Short range ones aren't much better!

They're pretty good these days with 2-3 day forecasts. Not perfect, but pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

I bought locks for my bag/ case. thought I'd stick the key onto my wristband. Then I happened to be given a case with a combination lock on it which I thought was great. Am I being naive? dont intend to bring anything valuable but would obviously prefer not to be robbed..

When there is a lock on a tent, it makes it more attractive to would be thieves.

I never put a lock on mine, I bring only clothes and toiletries in travel size. Keep phone in the bra along with cash and don't bother with cameras. Sleep with your bag behind your head and you'll be grand

When there is a lock on a tent, it makes it more attractive to would be thieves.

I never put a lock on mine, I bring only clothes and toiletries in travel size. Keep phone in the bra along with cash and don't bother with cameras. Sleep with your bag behind your head and you'll be grand

GH

Ok, thats makes sense - a lock being more attractive. Will do this, thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Can't wait for this year! Initially I wasn't fussed with the lineup but there are some deadly additions these past few months. Getting to play it this year myself fortunately,so the tickets were free. Some people were asking for gems/recommendations, here's what I am hoping to check out anyways, which of course won't end up being the case once booze and whatever else come into the equation.

BLUR
    BELLE & SEBASTIAN
    UNDERWORLD
    INTERPOL
    TAME IMPALA
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    FUTURE ISLANDS
    DESPACIO
    RIDE
    JOHN HOPKINS
    YASIIN BEY (MOS DEF)
    VILLAGERS
    BATTLES
    JURASSIC 5
    MAC DEMARCO
    MY MORNING JACKET
    FKA TWIGS
    DJANGO DJANGO
    LOW
    PARQUET COURTS
    POND
    METZ
    GIRL BAND
    VIET CONG
    FAT WHITE FAMLY
    HUNDRED WATERS
    MELTYBRAINZ?
    BITCH FALCON
    IRON MOUNTAIN
    KING KONG COMPANY
    TUCAN
    RSAG

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Another little tip - if using your sleeping bag cover/bag thing as a pillow (stuffed with clothes or a towel or whatever) then I put any valuables in that for extra security. The money belts are a good idea too

I try not to bring anything I can't afford to lose / have stolen but obviously things like money / phone / keys / camera etc will need to be kept an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can't wait for this year! Initially I wasn't fussed with the lineup but there are some deadly additions these past few months. Getting to play it this year myself fortunately,so the tickets were free. Some people were asking for gems/recommendations, here's what I am hoping to check out anyways, which of course won't end up being the case once booze and whatever else come into the equation.

BLUR
    BELLE & SEBASTIAN
    UNDERWORLD
    INTERPOL
    TAME IMPALA
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    FUTURE ISLANDS
    DESPACIO
    RIDE
    JOHN HOPKINS
    YASIIN BEY (MOS DEF)
    VILLAGERS
    BATTLES
    JURASSIC 5
    MAC DEMARCO
    MY MORNING JACKET
    FKA TWIGS
    DJANGO DJANGO
    LOW
    PARQUET COURTS
    POND
    METZ
    GIRL BAND
    VIET CONG
    FAT WHITE FAMLY
    HUNDRED WATERS
    MELTYBRAINZ?
    BITCH FALCON
    IRON MOUNTAIN
    KING KONG COMPANY
    TUCAN
    RSAG

What are you planning on doing, watching twenty minutes of each act. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

John83 wrote: »
    Cheers, I read that alright but I was just confused. Sounds like they're both the same thing from that - except the storage boxes are bigger.

There are lockers (kinda like old school lockers). I think they're €10 for the weekend. They're not the biggest and you'd probably only get a shoulder bag in it.
    They also have storage boxes (like the large ones you'd see in home store & more for eg) and there's enough room for 4 peoples stuff (jackets, rain gear, and beer for when the bars close) They cost €15 for the weekend, so less than a euro a day per person.

The same lads run it every year and are bang on.

I've been using it for the last 3 or 4 years and wouldn't be without it tbh.
    We stay in the campervan site so it saves us a long trek back anytime we'd need something, and it's in the Hendrix campsite (in the back of an articulated lorry) close to the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

What are you planning on doing, watching twenty minutes of each act. :pac:

Haha! This is the thing, it's never going to happen in reality. That is every act i'd be interested in giving a look at, some not to be missed and others I could take or leave. And if I only see as little as 5 of those, feck it, it'll still be mighty craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

If some hypo wants to rob your stuff they'll just take your bag. Get a locker if you are worried

declanleo wrote: »
    If some hypo wants to rob your stuff they'll just take your bag. Get a locker if you are worried

Yeah, I think you're right and after reading Thundercats post re the lockers I'll do this. Again - I've taken the advise on not bringing anything I'd be too gutted to lose BUT would still rather I kept all my stuff fairly safe!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

dublinjen wrote: »
    Heya guys,

I already know ill have no luck but you can't get if you don't ask.

I was seriously hoping to camp with my brother who lives in the uk. His mates ended up getting eco camping tickets and they only have one spare so I can't take it and bail on the boyf.

If anyone happened to overbook one place in the eco campsite could you give me a shout, I promise to pay in forward in a big way

You had to provide a personal email to Stephen on the BYE Facebook page three weeks ago to register for the waiting list. As far as I am aware he is checking off people entering the camp site based on their email address. Make sure you get the email address of a person who has now decided not to camp in BYE and who is either registered through EP or on the waiting list to be sure you get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

BLUR
    BELLE & SEBASTIAN
    UNDERWORLD
    INTERPOL
    TAME IMPALA
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    FUTURE ISLANDS
    DESPACIO
    RIDE
    JOHN HOPKINS
    YASIIN BEY (MOS DEF)
    VILLAGERS
    BATTLES
    JURASSIC 5
    MAC DEMARCO
    MY MORNING JACKET
    FKA TWIGS
    DJANGO DJANGO
    LOW
    PARQUET COURTS
    POND
    METZ
    GIRL BAND
    VIET CONG
    FAT WHITE FAMLY
    HUNDRED WATERS
    MELTYBRAINZ?
    BITCH FALCON
    IRON MOUNTAIN
    KING KONG COMPANY
    TUCAN
    RSAG

some great ones in there .... if you get to see half of this you will do well

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Libadour wrote: »

I have found myself staring at last years map thinkin about walking into the arena for the first time next week...I really need to think about something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

I have found myself staring at last years map thinkin about walking into the arena for the first time next week...I really need to think about something else

Staring out at the rain that's falling in Dublin right now will scupper those ideas sharpish !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This will probably help.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

There are lockers (kinda like old school lockers). I think they're €10 for the weekend. They're not the biggest and you'd probably only get a shoulder bag in it.
    They also have storage boxes (like the large ones you'd see in home store & more for eg) and there's enough room for 4 peoples stuff (jackets, rain gear, and beer for when the bars close) They cost €15 for the weekend, so less than a euro a day per person.

The same lads run it every year and are bang on.

I've been using it for the last 3 or 4 years and wouldn't be without it tbh.
    We stay in the campervan site so it saves us a long trek back anytime we'd need something, and it's in the Hendrix campsite (in the back of an articulated lorry) close to the main entrance.

seconding this.
    for the storage boxes they ask you to make a password when you get it, and then you give your name and password when you want to get the storage box, and they check it off on a list to make sure it matches, then get your box. we kept keys, bank cards, wallets, booze and a few other bits and pieces in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

deeceemee wrote: »
    You had to provide a personal email to Stephen on the BYE Facebook page three weeks ago to register for the waiting list. As far as I am aware he is checking off people entering the camp site based on their email address. Make sure you get the email address of a person who has now decided not to camp in BYE and who is either registered through EP or on the waiting list to be sure you get in.

Thanks for that. I'm holding out very minimal hope tbh :(

BananaR wrote: »
    Staring out at the rain that's falling in Dublin right now will scupper those ideas sharpish !!

Yeah that'll do it alright

This will probably help.

Aaaaaaaand I'm back in dreamyland

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

seconding this.
    for the storage boxes they ask you to make a password when you get it, and then you give your name and password when you want to get the storage box, and they check it off on a list to make sure it matches, then get your box. we kept keys, bank cards, wallets, booze and a few other bits and pieces in there.

Ta very much for the information.

Would you guys recommending booking one in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

BYEco have posted up the relevant info, though I suspect they're letting a child run the page today:
    BYEco wrote:
    Ok E.I.P's (Eco Important People)
    Here is your map of our campsite I hope you share it out to your fellow campers :)
    Digitally please :) for the tree :)
    You will see clearly the camping ZZones
    Choose wisely and don't panic about space for you friends we shall take all this in consideration :)
    You will just choose as you enter and our team will help you find your spot ok :)
    The main entrance is also the info point and meeting point for all :)
    I hope you take the time to enjoy our facilities we are providing for you :)
    BYEco has a very relaxed old style festival attitude so times and schedules and itineraries
    Will be flexible and will be posted by the events each day :)
    Remember guys we are not by the clock in a festival field :)
    Toilets as you can see are provided by the festival just out side our camp :)
    NO CAMPING ON THE PATH WAYS PLEASE
    These may be need for access
    Incase of emergency
    As you can see not far to walk if you park in RED car park
    We are on the left as you enter main gate 1/1a
    Either will bring you to us :)
    See you all shortly
    Excited BYEco Team :)

11144422_774705919307176_2921432312312552343_n.jpg?oh=4faf200f126563f882b293f379755b3f&oe=563B3614

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Hi, Just wondering if the car parks are patrolled? Am planning on bringing car but dont want to come back to a smashed window on Monday :) Also, I know Gig Locker is in Hendrix site but is there any in PMC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 doughan

Just saw rte are doing coverage on the Saturday night

Advertisement