Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

might do a nice little spot of yellow or green camping. it's actually very endearing with all the smiley faces :)
    and to be fair that drawing is very good :)
    and it's nice that the eco camping will have a good bit of craic in some areas. :)
    I wonder how they'll sort who gets to go in there? :)
    will they just be allowing people who have a tent in there or is anyone free to roam in? :):):)

:):)

:)
    excited frozenco team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

will they just be allowing people who have a tent in there or is anyone free to roam in? :):):)
    excited frozenco team :)

Last year, if you were registered, you got a wristband on initial entry to the area. This was checked every time you entered for the rest of the weekend. You were allowed bring in guests but anyone rocking up without a wristband was told to sling their hook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

tonc76 wrote: »
    Last year, if you were registered, you got a wristband on initial entry to the area. This was checked every time you entered for the rest of the weekend. You were allowed bring in guests but anyone rocking up without a wristband was told to sling their hook :)

Just wondering if my friend had set up the tent and all could they bring me in as a guest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

When there is a lock on a tent, it makes it more attractive to would be thieves.

I never put a lock on mine, I bring only clothes and toiletries in travel size. Keep phone in the bra along with cash and don't bother with cameras. Sleep with your bag behind your head and you'll be grand

Keeps money in the bra!! "Dear diary...... JACKPOT"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

2 unlimited playing at electric ireland...some craic off that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Any day tickets for it?

Matt Cooper had Stuart Clark from hot press on his show earlier. He pretty much confirmed Blur for Saturday night + the Manics and Son Lux for Sunday. Maybe thats common knowledge at this stage but thought I'd share!
    He had Melvin Benn on the phone afterwards also but other than "reintroducing sustainablity" no real details from him.

Found this site?
    http://ie.offwhere.com/details/son-lux-electric-picnic-festival-in-county-laois-ireland/8013524/?ordering=default&

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any day tickets for it?

Day tickets sold out completely at the end of March or April.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Matt Cooper had Stuart Clark from hot press on his show earlier. He pretty much confirmed Blur for Saturday night + the Manics and Son Lux for Sunday. Maybe thats common knowledge at this stage but thought I'd share!
    He had Melvin Benn on the phone afterwards also but other than "reintroducing sustainablity" no real details from him.

Found this site?
    http://ie.offwhere.com/details/son-lux-electric-picnic-festival-in-county-laois-ireland/8013524/?ordering=default&

Blur's own website has them scheduled for Saturday, with Underworld's site stating that they're playing Friday.

Little May pulled out of the EP, Reading and Leeds due to illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

From the today fm interview

Friday
    Florence
    Underworld
    Sam Smith
    Ride
    Chvrches
    Belle and Sebastian

Saturday
    Ezra
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy

Sunday
    Tame Impala
    Boomtown Rats
    Manic Street Preachers
    Villagers
    Gavin James
    Interpol

http://www.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/7/22786/25th_August_2015_-_The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper_Part_2 towards the end of the podcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Found this site?

I didn't even know Son Lux were playing .. when was that announced ?

I just looked at the website and I cant see Son Lux on the main "poster" lineup thing. They are listed on the artist a-z section though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

On this evenings Matt Cooper show, Stuart Clarke from Hot Press confirmed days for some of the bands.
    Friday - Florence, Underworld, Ride, Chvrches, Belle & Sebastian and Sam Smith.
    Saturday - Blur Soak, George Ezra and Roisin Murphy.
    Sunday, Boomtown Rats, Villagers, Tame Impala, Gavin James and Interpol.

Friday
    Florence
    Underworld
    Sam Smith
    Ride
    Chvrches
    Belle and Sebastian

So underworld in the EA tent and the rest of them on the main stage ?

suppose the running would be Ride, Chvrches, Belle & Sebastian, Sam Smith, Florence .. or am i overestimating Sam Smith as a big draw (personally I don't like that album)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon Hopkins is an Electric Arena headliner for Saturday or maybe the Park performance at Glastonbury inspired EP to put Hopkins as the late night main stage closer, I wouldn't mind that either. To pmalone Belle & Sebastian were the first announced act for EP and EP said B&S were headlining the Electric Arena on Friday night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Friday
    Florence
    Underworld
    Sam Smith
    Ride
    Chvrches
    Belle and Sebastian

Saturday
    Ezra
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy

Sunday
    Tame Impala
    Boomtown Rats
    Manic Street Preachers
    Villagers
    Gavin James
    Interpol

http://www.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/7/22786/25th_August_2015_-_The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper_Part_2 towards the end of the podcast

Clearly missed most of that interview!!!

Plenty of great acts throughout Sunday, but jeez it's going to be bleak around the main stage for the "headline slot" Sunday night (compared to last year like!!) ! I imagine the majority won't be interested meaning everywhere else will be jammers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Why must they wheel out Stuart Clarke out - he's a ****ing fraud who blags his way with people who don't have a clue.

Can't stand the clown

everlast75 wrote: »
    Why must they wheel out Stuart Clarke out - he's a ****ing fraud who blags his way with people who don't have a clue.

Can't stand the clown

Bit harsh!!

I reckon Hopkins is an Electric Arena headliner for Saturday or maybe the Park performance at Glastonbury inspired EP to put Hopkins as the late night main stage closer, I wouldn't mind that either. To pmalone Belle & Sebastian were the first announced act for EP and EP said B&S were headlining the Electric Arena on Friday night.

Hopkins could clash with Blur!!!
    So I'm hoping he plays late mainstage!! Please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Keeps money in the bra!! "Dear diary...... JACKPOT"

Its like a lucky dip!! Roll up, Roll Up!!!

• Advertisement

ah fair enough so ... grand ... means underworld won't clash with Chvrches or Florence.. happy enough with that

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Friday
    Florence
    Underworld
    Sam Smith
    Ride
    Chvrches
    Belle and Sebastian

Saturday
    Ezra
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy

Sunday
    Tame Impala
    Boomtown Rats
    Manic Street Preachers
    Villagers
    Gavin James
    Interpol

Was in Porto for Primavera in June and they had Ride followed by Underworld for main stage. They have followed that order at couple of other festivals so wouldn't be surpised if Underworld were Main stage. They are a big enough dance act to do main stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Was in Porto for Primavera in June and they had Ride followed by Underworld for main stage. They have followed that order at couple of other festivals so wouldn't be surpised if Underworld were Main stage. They are a big enough dance act to do main stage....

I would imagine it's Sam Smith then Florence closing main stage. Underworld followed by Belle and Sebastian closing the EA

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Mr.S wrote: »
    After seeing the weather today...I pray to god that it's dry for EP :(

When's this highly anticipated last announcement coming Mr.S?

Its like a lucky dip!! Roll up, Roll Up!!!

Either way it's a win:win lucky dip ;) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

everlast75 wrote: »

Can't stand the clown

He once said Daft Punk were hotly rumour, the year RAM came out. EP were recording majors loses and DP appearance fee would have been astronomical plus they don't like touring. He is not in the know as he comes across.

If Underworld are on friday , that means the "dancey" set late on saturday night is wide open , unless they want to put blur on and time it with rte's live coverage if they are doing it.

Could be Hot Chip , could be Hopkins.

gandalfio wrote: »
    When's this highly anticipated last announcement coming Mr.S?

I think you may have had it .. maybe he is a big Bronagh Gallagher fan.

But probably it is that sneaky Son Lux announcement there .. well pleased with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I went up last year at 5 but couldn't find anyone, but in fairness, we didn't organise it that well.

I was there wearing me hat at 5.15pm. I got a bit delayed with the pitching of the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

gandalfio wrote: »
    I would imagine it's Sam Smith then Florence closing main stage. Underworld followed by Belle and Sebastian closing the EA

Otherway round i reckon on with underworld and Belle and sebastian. Just makes more sense to have the dance lads on last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Bit harsh!!

But true. His input to Feile trip to tip doc on rte was cringe inducing.

Advertisement