Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Best time to make a plan is after the tent is set up and you have the celebratory beer...on your lovely camping chair(coz it'll be pinched as soon as u leave) :)

Still have the same chair I brought with me in 2013.....is it sad that I'd rather get a new one since i feel such pride at not getting it nicked *should probably mention I had the guts of 200 quid robbed in 2013*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would be disappointed if what Stuart Clarke said is true. Underworld seem too perfect for the Saturday night slot not to play it, and Florence would be a pretty perfect close for the Sunday night IMO (although, so would Blur). I'd say there is a high chance that Hopkins will headline the EA on Saturday or Sunday, hopefully Hot Chip are on the main stage, they're probably the act I'm looking forward to seeing most. Saturday or Sunday around 9 o'clock would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    Why must they wheel out Stuart Clarke out - he's a ****ing fraud who blags his way with people who don't have a clue.

Can't stand the clown
    BananaR wrote: »
    Someone here IS Stuart Clarke - c'mon , come clean!!!
    declanleo wrote: »
    What? He's a spokesperson for a well respected music magazine in this country. He's also a nice guy if you ever meet him.

@BananaR - Guess we found the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Time to start obsessing about the weather!! I think we're almost in range for a decent forecast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

M.T. Cranium has the following in his outlook on:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96755643&postcount=3809
    OUTLOOK ... There remains some chance of a settled period with at least some sunshine each day next week and this could last even towards the weekend of 5-6 September, but I remain concerned about this persistent "cold pool" of sea surface temperatures 4-6 degrees below normal to the west of Ireland -- it has rather consistently managed to overcome hints of settled weather this summer, with one or two exceptions, so let's hope this is another exception.

Monty-Python.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'll be so upset if it's a really wet weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'll be so upset if it's a really wet weekend :(

I prefer the rational approach.

I am going.

It has always been dry weather when I have gone.

Therefore it wiil be dry again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sadie06 wrote: »
    I prefer the rational approach.

I am going.

It has always been dry weather when I have gone.

Therefore it ail be dry again this year.

pretty much applies for me too...however folks lets look at the summer we've just had, can anyone remember if we had three dry days in a row? Because in the South I can't :mad:

I'm expecting a bit of rain so it's all about preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

From Met Eireann..... I'll take that - its easier to stay warm than it is to stay dry....

'Next week: There is a real chance of the weather settling down next week with the Azores High building up northwards towards Iceland and steering down a coolish but mainly dry northerly airflow over Ireland. Certainly some scattered showers are likely but the dominant weather is more likely to be dry conditions and good sunny spells. Good drying as well in the moderate northwesterly winds. Temperatures from 14 degrees along the north and northwest coast and high ground to at best 18 degrees in the east and south. The nights chilly with minima in single figures and perhaps rural ground temperatures dipping below zero.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Anyone know if the off license for EP is taking orders yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

@BananaR - Guess we found the answer

Haha,I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Neil Hannon confirmed for Trailer Park. Zang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

pretty much applies for me too...however folks lets look at the summer we've just had, can anyone remember if we had three dry days in a row? Because in the South I can't :mad:

I'm expecting a bit of rain so it's all about preparation.

Of all the festivals its not the worst for weather proofing. The 4 of the 5 main stages are in tents , loads of other smaller tents to hide in, plus the woods.

When you look at somewhere like glastonbury where it seems the john peel stage is the only place of any size to watch music under shelter and they've been around camping for 4-5 days, the car is miles away , its really muddy. Now thats a festival where you are really out under it.

I have a feeling to ground could be soft i think 2009 was the last proper muddy one and some spots didn't handle the crowds well at all, especially in and out of body and soul.

They had the metal tracks in the campsite too that year which helped, i haven;t seen them since i just hope they're ready and available if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

I remember one Sunday night down there it lashed in Biblical proportions. I got the worst wetting I've ever had in my life that night. I Can't remember what year, it was the Year The Fall played.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Sunday in 2010 was crazy. Completely washed out in the tents and next morning was like a scene from a natural disaster. Was towards the back for Massive Attack and the wind was blowing the sound all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

this_time wrote: »
    Sunday in 2010 was crazy. Completely washed out in the tents and next morning was like a scene from a natural disaster. Was towards the back for Massive Attack and the wind was blowing the sound all over.

Yeah, but in fairness that was a one-off. It's rarely bad. A few showers here and there. Can get very cold at night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

gandalfio wrote: »

that'll be great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Last year was the first time I brought down a complete set of clothes for night time.. thick socks, tracksuit bottoms, hoodie, gloves, earplugs, eyemask thingy and a wooly hat. It served me well as it was fricking freezing at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

From whence this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

From whence this information?

He's now listed on the official lineup page under Trailer Park's 'My Lovely Ranch' stage

• Advertisement

He's now listed on the official lineup page under Trailer Park's 'My Lovely Ranch' stage

Nice one!

Last year was the first time I brought down a complete set of clothes for night time.. thick socks, tracksuit bottoms, hoodie, gloves, earplugs, eyemask thingy and a wooly hat. It served me well as it was fricking freezing at night!

I highly recommend a soft one of these for camping in cold weather. I pull it up around my head, nose and mouth if really cold, and in the morning I pull it over my eyes to block the light…happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Getting sad reading this thread now. I can't go this year as I have too much going on with a new baby and new house, I held out selling my tickets until the weekend, don't know why I didn't sooner, I knew months ago I wouldn't be able to go... :rolleyes:
    (already sold for face value before anyone asks)

I'm particularly pi$$ed to be missing the smaller venues this year, Jerry Fish's tent and some of the trailer park acts would have been bankers for me going to see, I normally would only pay a quick visit early in the days to these.
    Add in the headliners and various other acts and I think it might have been a cracker.

For those who are going,
    'eat, drink and be merry',
    for one day, you too will have to do grown up stuff. ;)

Still really want one of these !!!

Sleeping Bag suit.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

paulbok wrote: »

For those who are going,
    'eat, drink and be merry',
    for one day, you too will have to do grown up stuff. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Still really want one of these !!!

Sleeping Bag suit.JPG

for 2Unlimited ;)

for 2Unlimited ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I meant more for lounging around the tent of a morning but why the hell not!

paulbok wrote: »
    Getting sad reading this thread now. I can't go this year as I have too much going on with a new baby and new house,

Your time will swing back around! Book yourself a nice gig to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

sadie06 wrote: »
    Your time will swing back around! Book yourself a nice gig to look forward to.

Was just about to say this too! you're time WILL swing back round. I've 3 small people - but the youngest is 4 now so starting to get the chance for all these these things again now. Enjoy your new baby (congratulations!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Ruxjit wrote: »
    I remember one Sunday night down there it lashed in Biblical proportions. I got the worst wetting I've ever had in my life that night. I Can't remember what year, it was the Year The Fall played.

I was at massive attack.soaked to the skin

Advertisement