Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

RTE and Met getting hopeful.

"Next week: There is a real chance of the weather settling down next week with the Azores High building up northwards towards Iceland and steering down a coolish but mainly dry northerly airflow over Ireland. Certainly some scattered showers are likely but the dominant weather is more likely to be dry conditions and good sunny spells. Good drying as well in the moderate northwesterly winds. Temperatures from 14 degrees along the north and northwest coast and high ground to at best 18 degrees in the east and south. The nights chilly with minima in single figures and perhaps rural ground temperatures dipping below zero."

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Ruxjit wrote: »
    I remember one Sunday night down there it lashed in Biblical proportions. I got the worst wetting I've ever had in my life that night. I Can't remember what year, it was the Year The Fall played.

There was also a Friday night in recent years , I'm pretty sure where it lashed rain for hours. I went for a "nap" , woke up to lashing rain and couldn't face braving the elements. Needless to say I was up bright n' early , full of energy the next day...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Ruxjit wrote: »
    I remember one Sunday night down there it lashed in Biblical proportions. I got the worst wetting I've ever had in my life that night. I Can't remember what year, it was the Year The Fall played.

2010 it was. I remember cause I completely missed the Fall from the lineup frown.png

Seen them at Glastonbury this year and they were incredible! Definitely one of my highlights and I think Mark E Smith even pissed himself mid way through the set

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

paulbok wrote: »
    Getting sad reading this thread now.......

For those who are going,
    'eat, drink and be merry',
    for one day, you too will have to do grown up stuff. ;)

I feel your pain, missed 2013 because of the baby but it just made me all the more fired up for the next one...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BananaR wrote: »
    There was also a Friday night in recent years , I'm pretty sure where it lashed rain for hours. I went for a "nap" , woke up to lashing rain and couldn't face braving the elements. Needless to say I was up bright n' early , full of energy the next day...

2011, was working the weekend on Friday night at Gate E near the little big tent, it rained for about two hours from 12 am to about 2 and there was another shower for about an hour on Sunday afternoon, but grand after that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

I feel your pain, missed 2013 because of the baby but it just made me all the more fired up for the next one...

It's looking like I have a wedding next year on EP weekend, so boo there as well (missing EP, not the wedding).
    Also moving down the country to the new house so gigs will be a rarity anymore.

Still, EP is family friendly, so assuming they don't kill the golden goose with the increased capacity, We'll all be going in a few years.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

It's looking like I have a wedding next year on EP weekend, so boo there as well (missing EP, not the wedding).
    Also moving down the country to the new house so gigs will be a rarity anymore.

Still, EP is family friendly, so assuming they don't kill the golden goose with the increased capacity, We'll all be going in a few years.:D

And if they keep it the week later like they did this year.

Had to leave early on Sunday last year as my little lad was starting school on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The rain during and after Massive Attack in 2010 was relentless. I was up the front so the sound was great but imagine if you were further back the wind would have caught it. Looked amazing though. Lads sweeping water off the stage between songs and Daddy G mocking 3D for standing back from it.
    Just went back to the tent and hid there afterwards, was afraid id go off to the woods and my tent would be blown away when I came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Don't miss Future Islands just for his performance of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Uhf3gM1m0

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Jesus lads there is so much talk of rain here all the Google ads have changed to rain gear and umbrellas.....enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Peterd66 wrote: »
    ... and perhaps rural ground temperatures dipping below zero."

This...
    It's going to happen
    I remember a few years ago someone near us said their zip on the tent was frozen shut one morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

mimimcmc wrote: »
    This...
    It's going to happen
    I remember a few years ago someone near us said their zip on the tent was frozen shut one morning

An instance on a forum where the expression 'blast it with pi$$' is for once acceptable.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Steroo wrote: »
    Don't miss Future Islands just for his performance of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Uhf3gM1m0

The guy is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

An instance on a forum where the expression 'blast it with pi$$' is for once acceptable.:D

A risky maneuver when inside your tent on your knees!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

So any idea when this final announcement is out? Line up already brilliant for me, but maybe a few more Irish acts to put the icing on the cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The rain during and after Massive Attack in 2010 was relentless. I was up the front so the sound was great but imagine if you were further back the wind would have caught it. Looked amazing though. Lads sweeping water off the stage between songs and Daddy G mocking 3D for standing back from it.
    Just went back to the tent and hid there afterwards, was afraid id go off to the woods and my tent would be blown away when I came back.

Thing about it the friday that year was beautiful had prefect blue skys.

Still though nothing will top 2012 for weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A risky maneuver when inside your tent on your knees!

williams.jpg?w=640

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Folks going to get my stuff together this weekend, if anyone sees any good deals for 24cans of beer (dublin) can you post it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Steroo wrote: »

Yeah he looks like Joe Dolan and dances like an uncle at a wedding... :)

In all seriousness, will go if this doesn't clash with something I really want to see.

After .. what is it eleven years? ... the core message is "yeah, it rained twice, remember that Sunday night, oh yeah and the Friday ... "

Twice in eleven years people!

... that says it all to me ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

Can any ongoing or previous college students on Boards tell me how important a college induction day is. I've my induction day in WIT in Waterford the Monday straight after EP which would mean I'd have to leave the Sunday Night. Which would Kill me particularly if Blur are headlining the Sunday. Any help appreciated!

pmalone wrote: »
    Yeah he looks like Joe Dolan and dances like an uncle at a wedding... :)

In all seriousness, will go if this doesn't clash with something I really want to see.

Love love love his crazy dancing
    but that weird growling thing has to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

All the talk is of whether hot chip underworld or Jon hopkins finishes the main stage on Saturday. ...I'm wondering what despacio will be doing. What tent will they play and will they get all 3days?

After .. what is it eleven years? ... the core message is "yeah, it rained twice, remember that Sunday night, oh yeah and the Friday ... "

Twice in eleven years people!

... that says it all to me ...

I've been to all the picnics since 2010 and if memory serves me right it rained every year bar one... but those were just showers and those two times were extreme conditions really

• Registered Users Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

leonh74 wrote: »
    Can any ongoing or previous college students on Boards tell me how important a college induction day is. I've my induction day in WIT in Waterford the Monday straight after EP which would mean I'd have to leave the Sunday Night. Which would Kill me particularly if Blur are headlining the Sunday. Any help appreciated!

Scipd mi induchshun dai nd it didnit effect mi lurnin at al*

*you'll be absolutely fine, especially if you have a mate going in that day..

declanleo wrote: »
    All the talk is of whether hot chip underworld or Jon hopkins finishes the main stage on Saturday. ...I'm wondering what despair will be doing. What tent will they play and will they get all 3days?

i asked on EP facebook page ages ago if they were taking over one of the regular tents .. EP said that Despacio will get their own tent 6 hours each night :)

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I've been to all the picnics since 2010 and if memory serves me right it rained every year bar one... but those were just showers and those two times were extreme conditions really

yeah but showers don't count .. this is ireland after all, we expect showers .. have you ever been to a glasto mudbath ?

Edit: I have been going to festivals for the best part of 30 years and EP is the one that I have the best recollections of weather in UK & Ireland. That end august early September thing does seem to work in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭gandalfio

declanleo wrote: »
    All the talk is of whether hot chip underworld or Jon hopkins finishes the main stage on Saturday. ...I'm wondering what despair will be doing. What tent will they play and will they get all 3days?

Surely Blur will be last on the main stage Saturday or any other night. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

leonh74 wrote: »

My advice is to skip the induction. I went to WIT myself and the induction was a two day affair if I remember correctly, not sure if yours is the same? But basically they just show you around the college, introduce you to the lecturers and try to get the class to know one another a little bit. A few people in my year missed the induction for different reasons so I doubt you will be the only one. Definitely not worth the hardship of leaving EP on the Sunday!!

Regarding Despacio, has it been confirmed if they're on every day or just Saturday & Sunday? 6 hour sets each day, I wonder what times they will be on. I'm guessing something like 6-12.

• Advertisement

yeah but showers don't count .. this is ireland after all, we expect showers .. have you ever been to a glasto mudbath ?

Edit: I have been going to festivals for the best part of 30 years and EP is the one that I have the best recollections of weather in UK & Ireland. That end august early September thing does seem to work in this regard.

No but I was at the horrific oxegen 2007 :(

I'm agreeing with you with regards the last post.. :) of course we're gonna get showers :)

Advertisement