Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

leonh74 wrote: »
    Can any ongoing or previous college students on Boards tell me how important a college induction day is. I've my induction day in WIT in Waterford the Monday straight after EP which would mean I'd have to leave the Sunday Night. Which would Kill me particularly if Blur are headlining the Sunday. Any help appreciated!

Did that back in 2010. Had the induction on Monday and it was the biggest waste of time ever. Basically they ran through all the clubs and services the college has to offer....never once used any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Regarding Despacio, has it been confirmed if they're on every day or just Saturday & Sunday? 6 hour sets each day, I wonder what times they will be on. I'm guessing something like 6-12.

They trying to replicate a night club, so it is really more a late night thing. It will be more like 8 til 2 or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Can any ongoing or previous college students on Boards tell me how important a college induction day is. I've my induction day in WIT in Waterford the Monday straight after EP which would mean I'd have to leave the Sunday Night. Which would Kill me particularly if Blur are headlining the Sunday. Any help appreciated!

Skip it.

When you do arrive, just ask someone;
    1. Where is the library
    2. Where is the bar

Done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Skip it.

When you do arrive, just ask someone;
    1. Where is the library
    2. Where is the bar

Done!

3. spend the first week figuring out (and befriending) the person taking the best notes in each of your classes. This will stand to you throughout your college life.

There is your induction in 3 simple steps ..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

declanleo wrote: »
    Haha,I don't think so.

That's not a definite "No"......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Regarding Despacio, has it been confirmed if they're on every day or just Saturday & Sunday? 6 hour sets each day, I wonder what times they will be on. I'm guessing something like 6-12.

Melvin Benn said it would be from mid-afternoon everyday and goes until about midnight or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Melvin Benn said it would be from mid-afternoon everyday and goes until about midnight or 2.

I'm sure I heard 6 hours mentioned somewhere. The 3 lads couldn't be putting in shifts like that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

declanleo wrote: »
    ...I'm wondering what despair will be doing. What tent will they play and will they get all 3days?

Despacio, I reckon?

They definitely have their own tent in the main arena, not sure if it's a two or three day thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I also went to WIT and like a few others here said, you won't miss anything really. Enjoy the Picnic and hit Waterford after that...the Dome bar is across the car park, see, you're learning already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Yep it's down on the artist info page on the website that they're playing "6 hour sets each night", could be the full three days then!

• Advertisement

that'll be great craic

I just like the use of "Zang". Party on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

pmalone wrote: »
    yeah but showers don't count .. this is ireland after all, we expect showers .. have you ever been to a glasto mudbath ?

Edit: I have been going to festivals for the best part of 30 years and EP is the one that I have the best recollections of weather in UK & Ireland. That end august early September thing does seem to work in this regard.

Ah, so I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Ah, so I'm not the only one!

The only one!, ah, so I 'm not. ?

This doesn't look too bad - long range forecast (yr.no) , normal disclaimers apply etc. :P

Next week.JPG

Despacio is amazing and everyone should check it out, I have been to it before.

There are usually 11 stacks of speakers, with 7 speakers per stack. Each speaker is a custom build for the project and formed in a circle with the DJs in the centre. All vinyl and live mixes. It was designed to create the ultimate Ibiza style club experience and I may well spend far too much time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

pmalone wrote: »
    yeah but showers don't count .. this is ireland after all, we expect showers .. have you ever been to a glasto mudbath ?

Edit: I have been going to festivals for the best part of 30 years and EP is the one that I have the best recollections of weather in UK & Ireland. That end august early September thing does seem to work in this regard.

Yes, baring the Sunday night of 2010 the weather has always been pretty OK regardless of how the preceding summer went.
    I couldn't go in 2009 and heard that was a wash out- anyone confirm this?
    You're right about the early Sept/ late August decent weather thing.
    The Picnic has always marked the end of the Festival season for me, so I guess that's why my weather memories of it are more clearly etched into my head compared to all the other June/July/early August ones I've been to over the years.
    That and the fear on the Monday mornings gets WORSE each year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 drawde55

Despacio is amazing and everyone should check it out, I have been to it before.

There are usually 11 stacks of speakers, with 7 speakers per stack. Each speaker is a custom build for the project and formed in a circle with the DJs in the centre. All vinyl and live mixes. It was designed to create the ultimate Ibiza style club experience and I may well spend far too much time there.

It really is awesome i spent hours in there at Glastonbury last year, they only did the Friday and Saturday night though so i think it might be a bit ambitious for them to do all 3 nights at EP. Its a pretty small tent, there was no problem getting in and out at glastonbury (10 Minute queue at its peak) but id expect there will be way more hype around it next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

room_149 wrote: »
    I couldn't go in 2009 and heard that was a wash out- anyone confirm this?

Was wet alright but wasn't like some festivals you see where its a complete mud bath..

First one back since 2010 so excited alright.. Not too many acts would interest me but then with picnic there is always something to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

frantic190 wrote: »

****in class. I might actually head over to someplace I usually wouldn't bother with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Have not seen them in a good few years .. i thought they had stopped due to Jape and all that ... great live act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Is the day breakdown out this week or next?

Synode wrote: »
    Is the day breakdown out this week or next?

Next

New discovery of the day - LA Priest - LOVE IT!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

very excited to hear that Neil Hannon has been added. Anyone any idea what the 'lots of secrets' are, band or show or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Overhead, The Albatross doing an Irish tour around the time of EP. Adding them to the wishlist of what I want added :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Overheard, The Albatross doing an Irish tour around the time of EP. Adding them to the wishlist of what I want added :cool:

Played last year was it, or the year before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not sure if the RBMA day by day breakdown has been released yet? But I saw on facebook that one of the DJs playing the RBMA said he's on Friday night from 22:00-00:30, followed by Space Dimension Controller and then Paul Woolford.

So presuming that Friday night down there will look like this:
    22:00-00:30 - Daire Carolan
    00:30-02:00 - Space Dimension Controller
    02:00-04:00 - Paul Woolford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Mr S, when is your announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Little May pulled out of the EP, Reading and Leeds due to illness.

That's a shame, there were on my "To Go See" list, but to be fair I make the same list every year and end up staying in the campsite drinking cans.

What's the story with the BBQ in the middle of BYE?? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Advertisement