Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

room_149 wrote: »
    I couldn't go in 2009 and heard that was a wash out- anyone confirm this?

It was just really muddy because of bad whether before it , but it didn't rain most of the weekend except sunday morning afternoon. It was drizzly for sunday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Redneck Manifesto playing now as well. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Synode wrote: »
    Mr S, when is your announcement?

If Mr. S is correct, and lets assume that he is, it can only be tomorrow. They have tended to announce big things on Tuesday/Weds/Thurs and all of the announcements tend to be at 12pm or 2pm so there you go.......12pm tomorrow..........well that's what I'm hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Steroo wrote: »
    Don't miss Future Islands just for his performance of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Uhf3gM1m0

Jesus you're right, I remember the last time I saw a performance like that...

They actually do look very similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Despacio is amazing and everyone should check it out, I have been to it before.

There are usually 11 stacks of speakers, with 7 speakers per stack. Each speaker is a custom build for the project and formed in a circle with the DJs in the centre. All vinyl and live mixes. It was designed to create the ultimate Ibiza style club experience and I may well spend far too much time there.

I assume the music policy isn't exactly Ibiza style/Balearic though. More a mix of what you'd expect from the 3 lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

stevire wrote: »
    Jesus you're right, I remember the last time I saw a performance like that...

They actually do look very similar!

Confirmed ... Samuel T. Herring of Future Islands is the long lost love child of our very own Joe Dolan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

lbj666 wrote: »
    I assume the music policy isn't exactly Ibiza style/Balearic though. More a mix of what you'd expect from the 3 lads.

Its very much their own stuff, with their various influences

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Hi does anyone know if the wristband for the campervan site any different to the regular wristband for the weekend. Have a friend staying in the caravan but she will arrive through the regular entrance.

rebelreded wrote: »
    If Mr. S is correct, and lets assume that he is, it can only be tomorrow. They have tended to announce big things on Tuesday/Weds/Thurs and all of the announcements tend to be at 12pm or 2pm so there you go.......12pm tomorrow..........well that's what I'm hoping anyway!

I genuinely do not expect much more ... if you add up Son Lux, Rednecks, Neil Hannon ... that's pretty much the announcement we will hear tomorrow I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Banatamon wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if the wristband for the campervan site any different to the regular wristband for the weekend. Have a friend staying in the caravan but she will arrive through the regular entrance.

nope, the same wristband is used. The only restriction is that sunday ticket holders can't get access.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone who has camped in Pink Moon able to tell me what the phone charging facilities are like? I presume it's a case of leaving it in and coming back a few hours later which I've no problem doing, but is it going to be like the Vodafone thing last year which had a queue that lasted about 4 days?

Because, if that's the case, I'll just buy something to charge it in my tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

pmalone wrote: »
    I genuinely do not expect much more ... if you add up Son Lux, Rednecks, Neil Hannon ... that's pretty much the announcement we will hear tomorrow I reckon.
    Son Lux were in the last announcement.

I hope we get Torres, gap in her schedule (after her appearance at EOTR) and she's yet to play a festival here over the summer (guess the same could be said for a lot of artists).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

Off license now open for those that want to avail

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/online-licence-now-open

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wondering that myself!

so there is more to come then?

Off license now open for those that want to avail

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/online-licence-now-open

6x33cl of Amstel Radler = 20 quid !!!!!

my entire beer for the weekend is about 50 quid ...

Hi all, looking to sell my EP weekend ticket. Anybody know the best site to do so? ie apart from donedeal adverts gumtree is there any better sites than these that might deal with only tickets? Have not advertised it on the sites mentioned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

room_149 wrote: »
    Yes, baring the Sunday night of 2010 the weather has always been pretty OK regardless of how the preceding summer went.
    I couldn't go in 2009 and heard that was a wash out- anyone confirm this?
    You're right about the early Sept/ late August decent weather thing.
    The Picnic has always marked the end of the Festival season for me, so I guess that's why my weather memories of it are more clearly etched into my head compared to all the other June/July/early August ones I've been to over the years.
    That and the fear on the Monday mornings gets WORSE each year!!!!

In 2009 there was quite heavy rain in the early hours of Sunday morning, it rained continuously till 1 pm Sunday afternoon but the footfall made it pretty mucky to walk on for the rest of the weekend.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone who has camped in Pink Moon able to tell me what the phone charging facilities are like? I presume it's a case of leaving it in and coming back a few hours later which I've no problem doing, but is it going to be like the Vodafone thing last year which had a queue that lasted about 4 days?

Because, if that's the case, I'll just buy something to charge it in my tent!

They rented out battery packs but you'd only get a single charge out of them (if even that). The other option is to charge up in the pamper palace but the ladies wont like that at all.
    For your own sanity get your own charging pack. They are invaluable and you can charge your phone each night and wont have to worry about it for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Any rockabilly/bluegrass acts people might know of, in the mold of
    The devil makes three
    OCMS
    Trampled by turtles??

The devil makes three
    OCMS
    Trampled by turtles??

Sounds like the Trailer Park area would be your thing, more of a chance of rockabilly, bluegrass at that area, possibly the Earthship stage at Body & Soul and early afternoon on the Body & Soul main stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

€20 for 6 cans of desperados :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

The devil makes three
    OCMS
    Trampled by turtles??

Stumbled upon these guys last year - The Louisiana 6

http://www.breakingtunes.com/thelouisiana6

Ah man! I thought there was an announcement at 7 or something heh heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bellablu2011

Hi, this will be my first year at EP. Looking for some tips for a newbie! Best place to camp etc. Just me and OH going. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

camp on somewhere flat and not down hill from portaloos or a big tree where people will piss. camp close to but not beside a walkway for easy access. don't camp beside one of the watchtowers as the generators are loud. pitch your tent before you open a can. hide your chair when you leave your tent area. baby wipes. try get down there early if you can so you can have the tent sorted before it's dark. don't bring the kitchen sink. bring a couple of empty water bottles (less weight) and fill them from the water point once you're in there.

don't stick to a timetable you'll wreck your weekend, pick 4 or 5 acts you want to see then just wander throughout the rest.

don't eat at the same place twice unless it's ****ing unreal (know people who just ate chips from the same place all last picnic..........)

bring warm clothes for the night and bring waterproof everything.

use your tent pegs. make sure the outside sheet (hydrostatic head ;)) isn't touching the inside of the tent

luminous tent ropes!!!

make friends with your neighbours asap, you don't need to hang around with them but just get an idea of who is camping around you and look out for others tents (i.e. if you see someone dodgy around their tent and you know they aren't staying there)

use the friday to explore the whole site if you can

ear plugs, and eye cover things if you're so inclined.

also loads of socks. and a little face cloth to help dry yourself a bit if you get absolutely soaked.

anyone else add to this list? I'm sure there are lots of more obvious things I've missed

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

The devil makes three
    OCMS
    Trampled by turtles??

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

camp on somewhere flat and not down hill from portaloos or a big tree where people will piss. camp close to but not beside a walkway for easy access. don't camp beside one of the watchtowers as the generators are loud. pitch your tent before you open a can. hide your chair when you leave your tent area. baby wipes. try get down there early if you can so you can have the tent sorted before it's dark. don't bring the kitchen sink. bring a couple of empty water bottles (less weight) and fill them from the water point once you're in there.

don't stick to a timetable you'll wreck your weekend, pick 4 or 5 acts you want to see then just wander throughout the rest.

don't eat at the same place twice unless it's ****ing unreal (know people who just ate chips from the same place all last picnic..........)

bring warm clothes for the night and bring waterproof everything.

use your tent pegs. make sure the outside sheet (hydrostatic head ;)) isn't touching the inside of the tent

luminous tent ropes!!!

make friends with your neighbours asap, you don't need to hang around with them but just get an idea of who is camping around you and look out for others tents (i.e. if you see someone dodgy around their tent and you know they aren't staying there)

use the friday to explore the whole site if you can

ear plugs, and eye cover things if you're so inclined.

also loads of socks. and a little face cloth to help dry yourself a bit if you get absolutely soaked.

anyone else add to this list? I'm sure there are lots of more obvious things I've missed

Baby wipes bog roll shampoo hand sanitiser ber occasion paracetamol torch cool box full of beers with a load of ice on top mattress and battery pump wellies bin bags speakers DUCT TAPE spare phone

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Belfunk wrote:
    Stumbled upon these guys last year - The Louisiana 6

That could be right up my street, thanks. Would love to see the devil makes three some year up there, they're fantastic oh and hayseed Dixie again

declanleo wrote: »
    Baby wipes bog roll shampoo hand sanitiser ber occasion paracetamol torch cool box full of beers with a load of ice on top mattress and battery pump wellies bin bags speakers DUCT TAPE spare phone

Vaporiser: green :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Bellablu2011

Thanks frozenfrozen and declanleo, that's brilliant

Advertisement