Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bellablu2011

Vaporiser: green :D:D:D

What is this vaporiser you speak of

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What is this vaporiser you speak of

Its for smoking weed minus the skins and nicotine and has a battery.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bellablu2011

Oh god I feel old!!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Grace jones has the friday down on her website and Sunday for festival no.6

Release the fooking days already ep

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Anywhere in Dublin you can buy those battery packs for the phone without buying online??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

See something on the EP website about it but is it allowed to consume glass bottles (of cider!) into the Campervan site?? We'd be bringing the empties away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

It was mentioned a few pages back but just in case anyone missed it, portable phone chargers for sale tomorrow in Aldi, going to pick one up myself

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-27-aug/products-detail-page/ps/p/multi-purpose-powerbank/

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Anywhere in Dublin you can buy those battery packs for the phone without buying online??

Aldi have one in from tomorrow for €15, don't know if its any good but could be worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Cheers folks. Pass it on the way into work so I'll take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I was going to, to be honest. I went with one of the photographers last year and he did have a nightmare trawling through with his camera case (no choice but to bring it for equipment) BUT I still thought itd be better than a bag as I've so much stuff when you add it up plus its a hard case so I figured it double up as a table in the tent.
    Might have a look for something more suitable though..

I'd recommend something like this. The wheels are big enough, so ok in mud.

30-4049744-AOQ229M.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

H8GHOTI wrote: »

30-4049744-AOQ229M.jpg
    +1 on this. But I still think you'd be way better off with a proper camping rucksacks. One with a waist strap will properly disperse the weight

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Is there a Heineken cool rooms like previous years where you can leave your Heineken refrigerated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

stevire wrote: »
    Jesus you're right, I remember the last time I saw a performance like that...

They actually do look very similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

frantic190 wrote: »

Ha ha I've been saying this for ages!!! Twinnies

I think pc world have them but expensive. Try amazon ebay and adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Is there a Heineken cool rooms like previous years where you can leave your Heineken refrigerated?

Yep, in Jimi Hendrix site, midday to midnight, Cans o Heineken only though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yep. Im out. Its just too much this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I managed to grab one of the VIP tickets in the recent general sale. Anyone know any information about this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

You can get them in penneys, not sure if they're just for iPhones or if they're any good

H8GHOTI wrote: »

30-4049744-AOQ229M.jpg

Waste of time,you want a crate trolley with inflatable wheels.I've had one for about 5 years now,makes it easy for bringing in trays of beer and tents in one shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

padjo5 wrote: »
    See something on the EP website about it but is it allowed to consume glass bottles (of cider!) into the Campervan site?? We'd be bringing the empties away!

Nope, afraid not. Security will get into your van on arrival and have a root about for any glass bottles. You'll have to empty them into plastic bottles if caught.

The key here is don't get caught! Some crafty placement of bottles will get you past the test. Couldn't do without my bottle of buffalo trace for the night times!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

the_gommes wrote: »
    Nope, afraid not. Security will get into your van on arrival and have a root about for any glass bottles!

Do security actually get into the campervans and search them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Penneys were doing some 2200mah power banks in white and green which will give you one charge for an average sized smart phone.
    €8

http://m.primark.com/en-ie/search/search-products-results?q=Power%20bank&c=home

If you had a bit more time the Internet would give you a far better mHA for cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

camp on somewhere flat and not down hill from portaloos or a big tree where people will piss. camp close to but not beside a walkway for easy access. don't camp beside one of the watchtowers as the generators are loud. pitch your tent before you open a can. hide your chair when you leave your tent area. baby wipes. try get down there early if you can so you can have the tent sorted before it's dark. don't bring the kitchen sink. bring a couple of empty water bottles (less weight) and fill them from the water point once you're in there.

don't stick to a timetable you'll wreck your weekend, pick 4 or 5 acts you want to see then just wander throughout the rest.

don't eat at the same place twice unless it's ****ing unreal (know people who just ate chips from the same place all last picnic..........)

bring warm clothes for the night and bring waterproof everything.

use your tent pegs. make sure the outside sheet (hydrostatic head ;)) isn't touching the inside of the tent

luminous tent ropes!!!

make friends with your neighbours asap, you don't need to hang around with them but just get an idea of who is camping around you and look out for others tents (i.e. if you see someone dodgy around their tent and you know they aren't staying there)

use the friday to explore the whole site if you can

ear plugs, and eye cover things if you're so inclined.

also loads of socks. and a little face cloth to help dry yourself a bit if you get absolutely soaked.

anyone else add to this list? I'm sure there are lots of more obvious things I've missed

Diorolyte, People, I cannot stress Diorolyte enough, thank me after picnic.

Also, bring a glove, handy for cold nights when holding a can.

Dry shampoo if you're a lady, or else if a bloke, bring dry shampoo and you'll be a hit with neighbouring ladies.

Ticket, tent, hand sanitiser and a decent coat, obvs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Penneys were doing some 2200mah power banks in white and green which will give you one charge for an average sized smart phone.
    €8

http://m.primark.com/en-ie/search/search-products-results?q=Power%20bank&c=home

If you had a bit more time the Internet would give you a far better mHA for cost.

15 quid for the Aldi 7800mAh is better bang for buck... you will get probably 3 full charges off that depending on your phone.

Be aware that some of the cheaper ones tend to deliver lower (500mA) current and are therefore slow to charge. 1 Amp is what. Also if it can deliver 2.1Amps, then you can use it to charge your iPad. iPads need the higher current (or at least they used to).

If it's not written on it its probably a 500mA trickle charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Anyone come across a decent tent/price offerings?

I'm still living in the hope that I'll win a pre pitched tent yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

connundrum wrote: »

Halfords have a 2 man for a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Just seen the ad on TV for rte's coverage of ep. It's getting real now... 8 days to go :-) excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

connundrum wrote: »

No idea what berth you need, but Argos are doing a very decent x2 room ProAction tunnel tent for €76, with a communal area in the middle. The middle part is great when raining and for storing stuff. Had one for many years served me well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Cainer wrote: »
    Do security actually get into the campervans and search them?

Yeah they did in previous years, I suppose it depends on the size of the van though! They got into mine, had a look in fridge, cupboards and under the mattresses.

They'll never catch me though, too devious you see!

Advertisement