Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It really is a wonderful line up. Fleetwood mac, the prodigy...one could hope the picnic would have bands of that stature....it would have to be sold out before you could announce the prodigy

Hopefully they stick with the old stuff, the new ones sound dreadful unfortunately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Corholio wrote: »
    Hopefully they stick with the old stuff, the new ones sound dreadful unfortunately.

Yea the new song is fairly rubbish , Did enjoy IMD though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Some of my friends have gone soft and want to do posh camping this year, its working out at 200 euro each :eek: What does posh camping entail ? There is no way I'm forking out that much money, that's making it a very expensive weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Libertines just announced to headline T in the Park. I think I'd like The Libertines at Picnic, Up The Bracket is a stone cold classic but I'm not sure what they're fanbase would be like. I'm tempted to say it would be fine since they're all probably in their 30s at this point but they are the sort of band that could attract plenty of tossers.

Just been announced for the 3Arena, Dublin on July 9th.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

threein99 wrote: »
    Some of my friends have gone soft and want to do posh camping this year, its working out at 200 euro each :eek: What does posh camping entail ? There is no way I'm forking out that much money, that's making it a very expensive weekend

Mostly entails ordered clean campsite, cleaner loos, hot showers, security (i did have to tell some kids to fck right off back over the wall from whence they came last year though) and a nice coffee shop (which did a crackin full irish breakie for a tenner last year).

There's also the benefit of not having to put up your own tent, i got delayed with work last year and didn't get on site till after seven (missed Blondie), didn't have to faff looking for a space to pitch up, just rocked up, chucked sleeping bag and bits in pre-setup tent, had a beer and cracked on with the weekend. Putting up tent in the rain? No, no thank you very much...

Anyone any idea as to when we can start to expect announcements?

• Advertisement

Mostly entails ordered clean campsite, cleaner loos, hot showers, security (i did have to tell some kids to fck right off back over the wall from whence they came last year though) and a nice coffee shop (which did a crackin full irish breakie for a tenner last year).

There's also the benefit of not having to put up your own tent, i got delayed with work last year and didn't get on site till after seven (missed Blondie), didn't have to faff looking for a space to pitch up, just rocked up, chucked sleeping bag and bits in pre-setup tent, had a beer and cracked on with the weekend. Putting up tent in the rain? No, no thank you very much...

There is a good few pros in that but the con is I could get a week in the sun for what I will end up spending on my ticket/ fancy camping, food and beer . Which boutique camping did you book ?

Snarky Snark Snark

There is a good few pros in that but the con is I could get a week in the sun for what I will end up spending on my ticket/ fancy camping, food and beer . Which boutique camping did you book ?

The pink moon crew, they were vastly better than their effort the previous year. Only real drawback is that it's a bit of a trek to and from the main entrance which is a shame given that you're pissing distance to the back of some of the performance tents. Have a deposit placed for this year with them, the tent grouping with mates is right handy too if you get it sorted early enough.

The pink moon crew, they were vastly better than their effort the previous year. Only real drawback is that it's a bit of a trek to and from the main entrance which is a shame given that you're pissing distance to the back of some of the performance tents. Have a deposit placed for this year with them, the tent grouping with mates is right handy too if you get it sorted early enough.

How much you paying?

Snarky Snark Snark

How much you paying?

€175, it's not cheap, i'll give you that, but I cannot be arsed with dealing with down town Mogadishu which the main campsites are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Royal Blood just announced for Reading. Can't recall if we got many play at EP the following week seeing as they are both under the FR umbrella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

only got a few mid/smaller acts IIRC.
    there's always a load of R&L acts that i'd love to see come over that don't, usually the more rock-y ones like Deftones, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, The Galight Anthem etc.

Mumford and Sons headlining R&L, could unfortunately see them headlining EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that two out of Future Islands, Tame Impala and The Prodigy will be announced. This is really just my way of contributing and subscribing to the thread. As you were... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

only got a few mid/smaller acts IIRC.
    there's always a load of R&L acts that i'd love to see come over that don't, usually the more rock-y ones like Deftones, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, The Galight Anthem etc.

Mumford and Sons headlining R&L, could unfortunately see them headlining EP.

Mumford; I wouldn't be too keen on seeing them headline. I don't consider them headline material, I know I know...Phoenix Park, Glastonbury... They can get the numbers in but they've done sweet FA!! In my opinion. How they got so popular is a mystery. Don't get me started on the Lumineers. **mini rant over**

Bring on royal blood!!

bc dub wrote: »
    I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that two out of Future Islands, Tame Impala and The Prodigy will be announced. This is really just my way of contributing and subscribing to the thread. As you were... :)

Would love to see Tame Impala added! For some reason I reckon they're big bucks Vs their popularity here, always a difficult one to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Mumford and Sons headlining...*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Btw, what on earth are Ride doing headlining festivals!!! A very much second rate Brit pop act, really?!?!
    Ride's debut album Nowhere pisses all over anything Oasis ever did. Never saw them as a Britpop band either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ride's debut album Nowhere pisses all over anything Oasis ever did.

Can I have everybody singing, "who the f**k is Andy Bell?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Can I have everybody singing, "who the f**k is Andy Bell?"
    Oh you mean the Ride guitarist. Didn't he have something to do with Oasis and Beady Eye too? :p

Mumford and Sons headlining...*shudder*

Coldplay with Banjos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I would love to see Ride. I'd love if they played their full first album. They were my favourite ever shoe-gaze band.

Mumford and Sons musical philosophy seems to be :'Right lads, I'll race you to the chorus. Last one there buys the drinks later'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Viet Cong are playing Green Man festival 2 weeks before. Perfect act for EP.

They are also playing Workmans in May. Really looking forward to that. If you don't know them, check out the new album. By far my favourite album of 2015 so far.

https://play.spotify.com/album/63GwqLuSzZnAQpd1JBQKLT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Someone mentioned Grace Jones a while back, she was just announced for Festival No. 6 in Wales which is on the same weekend as Picnic, last year there was a bit of crossover between the two with Petshop Boys, London Grammar, Beck, Temples, Neneh Cherry and Greg Wilson all playing at both, although last year it was on the weekend after EP. Young Fathers, Kate Tempest, DJ Harvey, Bicep, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Gerd Janson, Andrew Weatherall, Optimo, Ralph Lawson, Justin Robertson, Maurice Fulton, Mark E and The 2 Bears all announced too which is mainly an electronic/DJ line up so far, although a lot of acts there I would like to see play at Electric Picnic also. As far as I know a few of them are RBMA DJs so would be nice to see them come over and play down in the woods, but Red Bull seem to lean towards a more techno-y sound than this for their rave in the woods at EP.

With all the festival announcements lately I think it's fair to say we are desperate for some news, it will be a long wait until March if we have to wait that long for a proper announcement again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Would like to see the Frames added to the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ride's debut album Nowhere pisses all over anything Oasis ever did. Never saw them as a Britpop band either.

True, I suppose Ride are more synonymous with the early 90's British bands like The Stone Roses, The Charlatans, James, and The Happy Mondays. Who all had much bigger success, and I'd still be surprised if any of the above mentioned headlined a major festival in 2015.

It does seem like they disappeared into obscurity after one or two lacklustre albums. To emerge from the depths of obscurity and headline some of Europe's biggest festivals strikes me as pretty odd! Fair enough put them on the bill, but head liners!? really?!

€175, it's not cheap, i'll give you that, but I cannot be arsed with dealing with down town Mogadishu which the main campsites are.

Think I will pass on the fancy camping, its an absolute rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Think I will pass on the fancy camping, its an absolute rip off

55e a night for a good night's kip, not having to lug a tent down, or put up with people p*ssing on yours, showers and decent toilets.. I dunno man.. its tempting

everlast75 wrote: »
    55e a night for a good night's kip, not having to lug a tent down, or put up with people p*ssing on yours, showers and decent toilets.. I dunno man.. its tempting

It doubles the price of your ticket though. Toilets and showers are already on the main campsites, never had a problem finding decent toilets to void your bowels once you head in early to the main area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Go for the eco or green camping, they are cleaner and less crowded, and you have to be organised to book ahead to get in to them, which means no scobes

• Advertisement

Go for the eco or green camping, they are cleaner and less crowded, and you have to be organised to book ahead to get in to them, which means no scobes

Is that on the website ?

Advertisement