Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

the_gommes wrote: »
    Yeah they did in previous years, I suppose it depends on the size of the van though! They got into mine, had a look in fridge, cupboards and under the mattresses.

They'll never catch me though, too devious you see!

Bottles in the toilet waste tank!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭the_gommes

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Bottles in the toilet waste tank!!?

If needs be!

Not sure it would do much for the flavour though.

It's the advantage of bringing a big bus to picnic, lots of hiding places!

Anyone here used the BBQ area in the campervan site before? Is it any way covered or just a ring fenced part of the field? Wouldn't mind a few burgers on Thursday night, but not much good if it's uncovered & its lashing! (It will not be lashing)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

the_gommes wrote: »
    If needs be!

Not sure it would do much for the flavour though.

It's the advantage of bringing a big bus to picnic, lots of hiding places!

Anyone here used the BBQ area in the campervan site before? Is it any way covered or just a ring fenced part of the field? Wouldn't mind a few burgers on Thursday night, but not much good if it's uncovered & its lashing! (It will not be lashing)

There is a bbq area in the camper field? Never knew that. We always use ours under our awning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

declanleo wrote: »
    Waste of time,you want a crate trolley with inflatable wheels.I've had one for about 5 years now,makes it easy for bringing in trays of beer and tents in one shot

Well obviously you wouldn't put a tent & a couple slabs in one of those bags.
    My girlfriend has one & it's grand for clothes etc...

I have a trolley with inflatable wheels too & I put the heavy stuff on that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

11953562_878510415568225_671599384989264079_o.jpg

Booka Brass Band are playing friday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

11953562_878510415568225_671599384989264079_o.jpg

Booka Brass Band are playing friday

Other Voices 17:00 ... boardie meet up just around the corner in salty dog at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

nope, the same wristband is used. The only restriction is that sunday ticket holders can't get access.

Thanks a mill. Weight off my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So there will maybe or maybe not an announcement at 12 or 2 pm today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Waste of time,you want a crate trolley with inflatable wheels.I've had one for about 5 years now,makes it easy for bringing in trays of beer and tents in one shot

We used to strap the wheelbarrow to the car roof and use that. It was good for putting the beer and a bag of ice in too !

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

wacotaco wrote: »
    I managed to grab one of the VIP tickets in the recent general sale. Anyone know any information about this area?

Ive gone VIP a few times. You just get access to the picnic garden which is to the right of the stage. There is a massive tent with bar and some picnic tables and tipis usually. They also have a viewing platform....be careful though - its easy to get comfy in there and not move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

wacotaco wrote: »
    I managed to grab one of the VIP tickets in the recent general sale. Anyone know any information about this area?

Ive gone VIP a few times. You just get access to the picnic garden which is to the right of the stage. There is a massive tent with bar and some picnic tables and tipis usually. They also have a viewing platform....be careful though - its easy to get comfy in there and not move. They also have nice toilets but the queue gets so bad that i ended up going outside to the portaloos instead. They have Daves pizza usually in there too which is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Fatfrog wrote: »
    No idea what berth you need, but Argos are doing a very decent x2 room ProAction tunnel tent for €76, with a communal area in the middle. The middle part is great when raining and for storing stuff. Had one for many years served me well.

ProAction stuff is generally ****e but a few of us went in on one of these at the start of the summer so we'd have somewhere to put our chairs and have a few cans if the weather turned. It's actually a grand tent! Would have no qualms at all about sleeping in it, would suit 2 individuals or 2 couples quite handy.

Edit: also re the power banks, sign up for a parcel motel account if you've got a depot near you, then sign up for a free 1 month trial of Amazon Prime (DON'T FORGET TO CANCEL IT BEFORE THE 30 DAYS ARE UP), then order the yoke off amazon. 1 day Amazon delivery for free, then 3.50 charge for the PM. Totally worth it for the convenience and you can be sure it'll be with you in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

Getting close now !! Anybody know how far of a walk is it from camper van site into Stradbally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

The flush wrote: »
    Getting close now !! Anybody know how far of a walk is it from camper van site into Stradbally?

Around 30-40mins, not a nice walk though..

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

bullvine wrote: »
    Around 30-40mins, not a nice walk though..

Could ya bike it? mountain bike even....

Might add it to the van list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Could ya bike it? mountain bike even....

Might add it to the van list.

Great idea yeah, probably 5-10mins on a MTB, nice and flat as well

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Too many to quote but thanks for the case/ bag advise folks - was chatting it out with himself last night and will look for something more suitable over the weekend, I reckon. That case on wheels looks good. I WAS considering buying the proper backpacks but, they are really expensive and as I had absolutely nothing in the form of camping equipment until the last few weeks, I'm after spending an absolute fortune on same and was hoping to keep as much for beer tokens and food as possible at this point.

Just booked my storage box on giglocker - feel happier now, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

delighted booka brass band are playing on the Friday :) nice way to kick start the weekend :)

didn't realise those penneys powerbanks had such low mA..but you can always throw them into the phone charging places too :)

Oh - what about the trolleys with wheels to throw bags on to? someone posted a link (think they were a couple of quid in Tesco). Is that a good idea?
    The wheelbarrow wont fit in the car, I dont think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Oh - what about the trolleys with wheels to throw bags on to? someone posted a link (think they were a couple of quid in Tesco). Is that a good idea?
    The wheelbarrow wont fit in the car, I dont think..

Don't get the ones that fold, I had one for a festival a few weeks ago and it didn't make it home, any bit of weight (cans or tents) and the wheels just folded back up.. Nightmare! >:(

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Don't get the ones that fold, I had one for a festival a few weeks ago and it didn't make it home, any bit of weight (cans or tents) and the wheels just folded back up.. Nightmare! >:(

Ok- great to know - thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Too many to quote but thanks for the case/ bag advise folks - was chatting it out with himself last night and will look for something more suitable over the weekend, I reckon. That case on wheels looks good. I WAS considering buying the proper backpacks but, they are really expensive and as I had absolutely nothing in the form of camping equipment until the last few weeks, I'm after spending an absolute fortune on same and was hoping to keep as much for beer tokens and food as possible at this point.

Just booked my storage box on giglocker - feel happier now, thanks for that.

Everything you bought is an investment for future picnics

Everything you bought is an investment for future picnics

Yeah! thats exactly what I said, to be fair :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Yay…warm enough to feel summerish but cold enough for the wasps to stay away hopefully.

Electric Picnic 2012…the year of the wasps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Casa stage times announced
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/casa-bacardi-stage-times-announced

FRIDAY
    22.00 – 00.00 Joey Negro
    20.00 – 22.00 The Reflex
    18.00 – 20.00 Rayko
    16.00 – 18.00 Steve Manning

Saturday
    00.00-01.15 Ghostboy
    22.00-00.00 George Fitzgerald
    20.00-22.00 Idjut Boys
    18.30-20.00 Oliver Nelson
    17.00-18.30 Kokiri
    15.00 – 17.00 Stevie G
    13.30-15.00 Benefit DJs
    12.00-13.30 Christian Homan

SUNDAY
    22.00-00.00 Jackmaster
    20.00-22.00 A-Skillz
    18.00-20.00 Maurice Fulton
    16.30 – 18.00 Kelly-Anne Byrne
    15.00 – 16.30 Billy Scurry
    13.30-15.00 Dave Treacy
    12.00-13.30 Southpaw DJs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Banatamon wrote: »
    We used to strap the wheelbarrow to the car roof and use that. It was good for putting the beer and a bag of ice in too !

Dont they have wheelbarrows on site to rent ?

Thought I seen them before, never used them though as the first can always tastes sweeter when you are struggling to put it to your mouth because your arms are in bits from lugging in all your stuff :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I got a foldable sack truck from B&Q for lugging stuff in and it does the job nicely. Takes a bit of weight, is robust and will last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

i'd recommend either a proper backpack or renting one of the wheelbarrows for 10 euro (I think that's how much they were last year) i've seen hundreds dreams dashed in an instant by a wheel falling off one of those little old woman shopping trolly yokes

Advertisement