Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Anyone know is there toilets in BYE camping? can't see any on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

frantic190 wrote: »

haha that's classic!!
    dublinjen wrote: »
    Anyone know is there toilets in BYE camping? can't see any on the map

You sit on top of a wheelie bin to do your business...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

there aren't, but if you look on the map just above the 'entrance' road thing there are some portaloos. I can't recall exactly where they but I think they are the ones which were directly to the left of the wristband exchange last year which were like a holy grail of unused / undiscovered ones

stevire wrote: »
    haha that's classic!!

You sit on top of a wheelie bin to do your business...

This would be preferable to most of the toilets

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

i'd recommend either a proper backpack or renting one of the wheelbarrows for 10 euro (I think that's how much they were last year) i've seen hundreds dreams dashed in an instant by a wheel falling off one of those little old woman shopping trolly yokes

We cant rent wheelbarrows this year, I hear unfortunately

• Advertisement

were loads robbed last year or something? seemed to be a great idea

were loads robbed last year or something? seemed to be a great idea

Probably! it WAS a great idea.. shame!

Have asked on Twitter.
    EP says no.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This year's festival promises to be the greenest yet thanks to our new environmentally friendly measures including our cup deposit scheme, Every Can Counts and Friends of the Earth's Green Messengers. Find out more http://po.st/ElectricGreen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I remember making a small fortune one year picking up cups purely on the walk out of the Oxegen site - think it was €1 a cup rather than 20c though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Yeah, in 2007 people hadn't cottoned on to it at Oxegen and the cups were 3 quid a pop. I was volunteering there so had a hi-vis, me and 2 mates went around collecting as many as we could and people STARTED HANDING THEM TO US. Made enough to cover EP tickets AND spending money each. Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

"Soundings Holy Trinity at Mindfield reveal special guests

Little Green Cars, Eleanor Tiernan and Colm O’ Gorman announced as guests for Dylan Haskins & Lisa Hannigan’s Soundings Holy Trinity show at Mindfield."

was this the 12pm announcement you were expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maximoose wrote: »
    I remember making a small fortune one year picking up cups purely on the walk out of the Oxegen site - think it was €1 a cup rather than 20c though!

i think it was the same at EP one year? they were hard plastic cups though, rather than the usual flimsy ones, which i assume these 20c ones will be?
    still though, pick up a few on the walk to the food stalls or bar and that's your meal/pint paid for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

"This year’s festival promises to be the greenest concert event ever staged in Ireland.

That’s thanks to a series of unprecedented environmentally friendly measures arising out of the partnership between festival organisers, Friends of the Earth, traders and you the Picnicker!

Friends of the Earth will be dispatching their own ‘Green Messengers’ to help Picnickers maintain the beautiful green fields of Stradbally Hall, we are introducing a cup deposit system, 20 cent paid for each cup will be refundable after you have used it. In fact you could earn your ticket for next year – collect 1100 cups and earn your ticket for Electric Picnic 2016."

There were eco cups in 2009 you had to have one, i think there was a €1 deposit on them. People made a killing collecting them afterward.

Badly needed to be honest.

honestly 1000 cups wouldn't even be that hard if there were as many on the ground as last year, but since there's a charge on them now I'd imagine it'll really clean the place up

lbj666 wrote: »
    "This year’s festival promises to be the greenest concert event ever staged in Ireland.

That’s thanks to a series of unprecedented environmentally friendly measures arising out of the partnership between festival organisers, Friends of the Earth, traders and you the Picnicker!

Friends of the Earth will be dispatching their own ‘Green Messengers’ to help Picnickers maintain the beautiful green fields of Stradbally Hall, we are introducing a cup deposit system, 20 cent paid for each cup will be refundable after you have used it. In fact you could earn your ticket for next year – collect 1100 cups and earn your ticket for Electric Picnic 2016."

There were eco cups in 2009 you had to have one, i think there was a €1 deposit on them. People made a killing collecting them afterward.

Badly needed to be honest.

I had absolutely no idea about this! just threw mine in the bin..

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

This cup thing is BS. So that ads 20C to a pint (500mm) So that's going to be €6.70 for a cup of beer. its not even that in temple bar!!

I've never bought a drink in there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I'll be picking up cups for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

It's definitely a good idea in keeping the place cleaner etc. and gives an incentive for people to keep it that way with the 'money back' policy. BUT...i sincerely hope the facilities for leaving back the cups are frequent throughout the festival. There's no way people will bother going all the way back to one of the bars to leave their cups back, particularly when the arena gets busy in the evenings. Its long enough of a walk away from say, the main stage, to get a drink when you're watching a band. I reckon if people see it as a hassle to go back, they'll just pay extra for the pints and complain about it instead.

• Advertisement

Ruxjit wrote: »
    This cup thing is BS. So that ads 20C to a pint (500mm) So that's going to be €6.70 for a cup of beer. its not even that in temple bar!!

Or just reuse the same cup?

If its the proper hard plastic cups its a good idea, if its just the sh1tty plastic ones you see every it probably isn't

And trust me no bar at a festival will charge anything other than increments of €0.50 because handing change is such a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Looking at the map that BYE posted on their Facebook page it looks like BYE will be situated in the space just below where the Tour de Picnic site was located last year.

Electric-Picnic-2014-Map.png

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

lbj666 wrote: »
    Or just reuse the same cup?

If its the proper hard plastic cups its a good idea, if its just the sh1tty plastic ones you see every it probably isn't

And trust me no bar at a festival will charge anything other than increments of €0.50 because handing change is such a nightmare.

Then you have to carry around your cups to reuse them.

Even tho its a rip off i do enjoy my pints in there. Head for the bar after a gig get a couple of beers in and head to another gig. That's whats its all about.

Anything over a 5r is a rippoff

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Anything over a 5r is a rippoff

you're in for a bit of a shock so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niamhish

Oh god.
    I think I might actually die when Blur come on stage...

Ya , i was think if the crowd was too mobbed and there is something on elsewhere i'd leave them too it, but the sight of the whole place apesh1t to song 2 will be worth being there for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

MR.S, Whats the story? You said there was a final announcement......

Poor Mrs. S, bet you wish youd never mentioned an announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Poor bodhrandude must be devestated with the lack of announcement, he even called out a boardie who usually has info on the EP board

Advertisement