Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

dublinjen wrote: »
    Poor Mrs. S, bet you wish youd never mentioned an announcement

Poor indeed. He was a Mr last time I checked (I'm well aware how weird that sounds :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

classic Festival shop done last night.. Trolley with Beer, water, toilet roll and crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Looking at the map that BYE posted on their Facebook page it looks like BYE will be situated in the space just below where the Tour de Picnic site was located last year.

Yes, that is 100% correct. It also means that the Oscar Wilde site has gained a big chunk so there is more accommodation there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anywhere cheaper than €36 (Tesco) for 24 Heineken at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

That is based on last years map .. I will update the map once they release it. The app will load up the new map anyway

Speaking of this:

Does anyone think they could pick out the exact location of these two stages in Body and Soul on google maps?

Earthship Stage
    Upstage

I remember where upstage is now too , just couldn't recall which stage that was.

53.011454, -7.162065

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

maximoose wrote: »
    Anywhere cheaper than €36 (Tesco) for 24 Heineken at the minute?

Wait till next week, they'll be doing slabs of heineken for 30 and most others for 24-26.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I've promised my friends another announcement.

When I don't come through i'll have to tell them Mr.S from the internet told me it was true...can't see that excuse working! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

Redkneck manifesto confirmed through the picnic instagram, first time it's been officially announced by them I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sorry guys, guess it's not coming!

Had no reason to doubt the contact.

Pitty.

Now roll on good weather!

Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm wondering about food, how much would an average meal be and are they cool with you bringing food in? Also based on previous years what are the best food places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm wondering about food, how much would an average meal be and are they cool with you bringing food in? Also based on previous years what are the best food places?

Great question, in between eating I too like to wonder about food. I'm hoping the standard will be good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Food you're generally looking at €7-€10

Pieminister and Barracuda (Pork and Taters, delish) are two of my fave spots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

maximoose wrote: »
    Food you're generally looking at €7-€10

Pieminister and Barracuda (Pork and Taters, delish) are two of my fave spots

Kanum for Pad Thai or Green Curry is also a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭6541

Any Idea about charging phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Synode wrote: »
    Poor indeed. He was a Mr last time I checked (I'm well aware how weird that sounds :pac:)

Auto correct is the bane of my bloody life

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Would I be a total nob to bring a mini hot water bottle and ask a coffee stand for a bitta boiling water?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Would I be a total nob to bring a mini hot water bottle and ask a coffee stand for a bitta boiling water?

shouldn't need it if you have a decent sleeping bag but I've seen people getting water from them for hot water bottles so you wouldn't be the first

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

The food is great up there. You are nowhere near confined to greasy burger and chips like many festivals. The amount of food stalls at it, too many to count really and all of different kinds including plenty of 'health food' spots. If you like spicy food, i'd recommend the jerk chicken shack in the Trenchtown area. All of the above suggestions also. Lastly, you can't beat Pieminister for a huge feed at a decent price of around 6 or 7 euro.

And yes you can bring food in.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

BYE camping?

Remind me , what's BYE camping again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

You could try, I was thinking of making it into an enterprise. Rent out hot water bottles, although if someone burst one i dunno who would be liable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

BananaR wrote: »
    Remind me , what's BYE camping again?

BE YOUR ENVIRONMENT ECO-CAMPSITE

Stradbally Estate will be charmed by the environmentally conscious eco-camping troupe, Be Your Environment, who are on a mission to encourage Picnickers to step up and take responsibility for their own waste. The environmental management co-operative is made up of an eclectic mix of eco-warriors from artists and carpenters to counter-culture cadets who are united by their passion to respect and preserve nature and the environment. Throughout the weekend there will be host of activities taking place in the campsite that include mask-making and participative sculpture building led by eclectic rubbish artists​.

BE YOUR ENVIRONMENT
    Basically just the environmentally friendly site where you agree to keep your area tidy and not dump a load of stuff when you're leaving. They seem to be stepping it up this year into more of a mini arena in itself though.

Edit: damn, beaten :V

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

BE YOUR ENVIRONMENT
    Edit: damn, beaten :V

Ah all I did was copy/paste. No effort! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sorry guys, guess it's not coming!

Had no reason to doubt the contact.

Pitty.

Now roll on good weather!
    what acts did your contact say were going to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

2pac

2pac

Elliot Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The Strypes playing Jerry Fish on Sunday night? Or was that already announced

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fiachb7

Just got accepted as a volunteer, actually can not wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

for food definitely Pieminister but my all time fave at picnic is Flaming Cactus burritos *drool*

and I'm most definitely bringing my hot water bottle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Great question, in between eating I too like to wonder about food. I'm hoping the standard will be good :pac:

Kinara Kitchen for a good decent curry or byriani. Between, big blue bus pizza and pieminister I can get through the whole weekend without even looking at chips

Advertisement