Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Synode wrote: »
    I seen her in 2008 before Underworld and she was great craic

Pink Mooners - Just got an email. I remember someone saying ages ago that the walk to the main arena was a pain. Not anymore wihoo:

This is super news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Does anyone know what dates EP is on next year? I'm getting married 26th August and thinking of having a mini moon at EP if it's the following weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know what dates EP is on next year? I'm getting married 26th August and thinking of having a mini moon at EP if it's the following weekend :-)

I would imagine 2-4 September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Any recommendations on good soul act/dj?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yep, it's usually the weekend before the first Monday in September.
    Reading and Leeds festivals are on this weekend and will probably have 2016 news/tickets early next week when they're over, so it will be the weekend after they're on in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Great. Thanks a mill.

So glad I booked Pink Moon now. The cracked pepper place looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Great news that pink moon has its own entrance. I know you didn't have far to walk anyway but hopefully the queues will be a lot shorter to get into the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Steroo wrote: »
    Grace Jones - can someone explain to me what the F this is about?

What do you need explained? Genuine question

declanleo wrote: »
    What do you need explained? Genuine question

I just don't get it - sounds like Dallas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Grace Jones - can someone explain to me what the F this is about?

Whilst I generally try as best as possible to avoid ad hominem attacks, she's a f'ing legend and you are a philistine.

NEXT!

I am currently not sober btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Great news that pink moon has its own entrance. I know you didn't have far to walk anyway but hopefully the queues will be a lot shorter to get into the arena

Pink Moon is with rest of Boutique camping this year, hopefully this applies to all boutique!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sassyj wrote: »
    Pink Moon is with rest of Boutique camping this year, hopefully this applies to all boutique!

I've seen mention of this before, we really need to see a map to know how this works though, affects where to park it does.

Whilst I generally try as best as possible to avoid ad hominem attacks, she's a f'ing legend and you are a philistine.

NEXT!

I am currently not sober btw.

Ha ha I'll take it on the chin - but our definition of legends differ! Speaking of legend - I can't wait to see them do a bob set

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Any recommendations on good soul act/dj?

I've been working my way through the lineup on spotify recently and would recommend giving a listen to

Curtis Harding
    Julio Bashmore
    Benjamin Clementine (probably more jazz than soul but very good)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Kinara Kitchen was great two years ago and then last year the queues kept scaring me off. Hoping to get to them this year.

If anyone hasn't tried these before don't let the long queues put you off, they move through customers pretty quick considering the numbers & the food is always absolutely fantastic.

Seriously.

Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

I've seen mention of this before, we really need to see a map to know how this works though, affects where to park it does.

The email says that pink moon is in the same spot so the rest of the boutique camping must be further on down closer to the family camping. I reckon the entrance to the arena will be around the comedy tent. Def park in the x/y car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

I thought Pink Moon was in the same location as last year and not with the rest of the boutique camping. This was in the email I got from Pink Moon - "See the below 2014 Electric Picnic map to see where the Pink Moon Campsite is located."

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

DDOK wrote: »
    I thought Pink Moon was in the same location as last year and not with the rest of the boutique camping. This was in the email I got from Pink Moon - "See the below 2014 Electric Picnic map to see where the Pink Moon Campsite is located."

Correct, Pink Moon is in the same place, as it the other Boutique Camping. The new entrance is a welcome addition. The other Boutique (Festihuts, Podpads etc.) are relatively close to an entrance anyway even if it is the main Hendrix entrance and gets crazy busy at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

rebelreded wrote: »
    Correct, Pink Moon is in the same place, as it the other Boutique Camping. The new entrance is a welcome addition. The other Boutique (Festihuts, Podpads etc.) are relatively close to an entrance anyway even if it is the main Hendrix entrance and gets crazy busy at peak times.

Any inkling of a 2015 map being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Tent arrived today and the missus washed her Scotland flag. One week to go and the list is getting smaller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Fatfrog wrote:
    Any inkling of a 2015 map being released?

Should be soon, as there's very little in the way of changes. Can't see why it wouldn't be released.

rebelreded wrote: »
    Should be soon, as there's very little in the way of changes. Can't see why it wouldn't be released.

I would expect a few fairly large changes, an extra camping field at the very least!!

sassyj wrote: »

Is there anything official on this? In the past pink moon and boutique have been opposite sides of the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Imagine it was Van Morrison, he's touring Belfast on the 31st and his next gig is not till September 18th in Canada.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Sorry for the triple post! Had a busy day and missed loads of posts!!
    Campervan plans fell through, so I'll be offloading via tout less, but I can't remember how much I paid all in for the camper ticket inc. fees etc, can't find the transaction anywhere!! Any ideas?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Sorry for the triple post! Had a busy day and missed loads of posts!!
    Campervan plans fell through, so I'll be offloading via tout less, but I can't remember how much I paid all in for the camper ticket inc. fees etc, can't find the transaction anywhere!! Any ideas?

The ticket itself is sixty isn't it, ticketmaster transaction fee or is it the credit card charge or both.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Imagine it was Van Morrison, he's touring Belfast on the 31st and his next gig is not till September 18th in Canada.

Now that would be a great booking

Now that would be a great booking

Fits that legendary status of Brian Wilson, especially when you think of the stuff Morrison done with Them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭amerie2010

First time going this year, not camping staying in local accommodation & just wondering about bringing drink. Are you allowed bring drink in around the festival itself or just camping area?

• Advertisement

amerie2010 wrote: »
    First time going this year, not camping staying in local accommodation & just wondering about bringing drink. Are you allowed bring drink in around the festival itself or just camping area?

It means you can still mill about the campsites if you have the weekend pass and yes I reckon that you could drink in the campsite, security won't care if you don't have a tent. But same rule applies only after 1am can you bring your carry out into the main arena the licence was extended last year for the first time

Advertisement