Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

F**k I'm getting slightly worried about this "big Irish announcement" hope it's just a rumour!! There is a headline gap!!
    If Kodaline were announced I'd probably fall into a coma and dye :(

Christie Moore does have a big hole!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

My list is massive :eek: Like I don't know how I'm going to get it all in my bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Libadour wrote: »
    When the bar closed around 1ish I think.

Would always been against this strict policy until I went to B&s this year. They have a policy of allowing you bring in your own beer all day, which sounds great. But in reality its a pain, beer is heavy and gets warn. As a result of policy much much fewer bars, so you have to go miles for a beer when you run out of the warm beer in your pockets. Again and again. Somewhere in between would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭fits

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Would always been against this strict policy until I went to B&s this year. They have a policy of allowing you bring in your own beer all day, which sounds great. But in reality its a pain, beer is heavy and gets warn. As a result of policy much much fewer bars, so you have to go miles for a beer when you run out of the warm beer in your pockets. Again and again. Somewhere in between would be ideal.

Gosh i thought it was brilliant. No messiness in campsites or general area at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Does anyone think there is any possibility of sufjan getting announced after the helix gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not a hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Does anyone think there is any possibility of sufjan getting announced after the helix gigs?

Wasn't the Helix sold out ... so i very much doubt it .. what would be the logic for holding this back?

I just saw this comment on the clashfinder...
    Gearoid2 hours ago
    The Electric Picnic app from Three is available on iOS now and has all the stage times! Think they may have jumped the gun! It's all there though!

anyone get to grab that before they obviously pulled ... if you have it then do your duty and fill that clashfinder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

mejulie805 wrote: »
    My list is massive :eek: Like I don't know how I'm going to get it all in my bag!

Same! hence all my bag/ case dilemma chat yesterday. My list so far:

Tent
    Air mattress
    blower upper thing for Air mattress
    2 lantern torches
    ^^ batteries for both of the above.
    Sleeping bags x 2
    Camping chairs x 2
    pillow
    Toilet roll
    Antibacterial hand gel
    Baby wipes
    Bin bags
    Masking tape (in case)
    Towels
    Solpadeine
    Water
    Hat
    Sunglasses
    Ticket (obv)
    ID
    Rainproof jacket
    Fleece leggings/ hoodies for sleeping in
    3 day time outfits
    underwear
    Loads of socks
    Wellies
    Welly socks
    Toiletries (DRY SHAMPOO, soap, face cloth, deodrant, toothbrush, mouthwash, hairbrush, make up)
    Hand sized mirror
    Phone charging case
    Small back pack for daily wandering around use.
    Beer.
    A lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Was forgetting so many of these things don't know how you can scale it down though.. Lol

I know - will probably be adding to it instead of scaling down. Dont even have the basics like - makeup, clothes, sleeping bag on this. Oh and maybe some led lights for the tent too. Dealz had brill LED lanterns and torches about a week and 1/2 ago for 1.50 so got a couple of those. Its meant to be v cold at night with ground frost so hence the onesie unless I get a snuggle instead:-)

• Advertisement

Peterd66 wrote: »

Are you having a laugh? This policy totally rocks.

I managed to have cold beer all weekend .. but then I plan for these things. Coolerbox with ice at base camp and a little cool bag in my satchel ... worked a treat. Ice cold beer the whole w/e.

pmalone wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? This policy totally rocks.

I managed to have cold beer all weekend .. but then I plan for these things. Coolerbox with ice at base camp and a little cool bag in my satchel ... worked a treat. Ice cold beer the whole w/e.

adding cooler box to the list..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I just saw this comment on the clashfinder...

anyone get to grab that before they obviously pulled ... if you have it then do your duty and fill that clashfinder!!

I'm on android and had a look, not in the Google Play store - hopefully someone with an iPhone will get it and screengrab the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

First EP for me, I've been going over to End of the Road for the past 10 years. STG exchange rate this year has killed it. Will be curious to spot the differences. Big one so far is the beer policy. No issue at eotr bringing as much beer etc into the arena, once no glass. Was usually pretty happy starting out the day with a heavy bag of beer, knowing it was going to get a lot lighter as the day progressed :). A 1am start on bringing beer into the arena could be a killer, 10pm was bad enough.

Quite a few overlaps acts wise with eotr, though EP has a much better electronic selection. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sillybilly

Just wondering who is headling Sunday. I know the times are not out yet, but is there any indication of who plays what days?

Sorry if its already mentioned.. long thread :)

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    I'm on android and had a look, not in the Google Play store - hopefully someone with an iPhone will get it and screengrab the times.

Whats the app called? Im searching Electric Picnic in the app store on an iphone and am just getting an old entertainment.ie festival guide..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

I know - will probably be adding to it instead of scaling down. Dont even have the basics like - makeup, clothes, sleeping bag on this. Oh and maybe some led lights for the tent too. Dealz had brill LED lanterns and torches about a week and 1/2 ago for 1.50 so got a couple of those. Its meant to be v cold at night with ground frost so hence the onesie unless I get a snuggle instead:-)

Onesie plus hoodie plus extra fleece bottoms.... Was so so cold last year have a feeling this year will be worse.

Also add berocca and diorlyte to the list!

risteardo wrote: »
    First EP for me, I've been going over to End of the Road for the past 10 years. STG exchange rate this year has killed it. Will be curious to spot the differences. Big one so far is the beer policy. No issue at eotr bringing as much beer etc into the arena, once no glass. Was usually pretty happy starting out the day with a heavy bag of beer, knowing it was going to get a lot lighter as the day progressed :). A 1am start on bringing beer into the arena could be a killer, 10pm was bad enough.

Quite a few overlaps acts wise with eotr, though EP has a much better electronic selection. Happy days!

tip of the day (i picked this up on this thread last year)...

basically, ditch your beer for the day and pick your favourite spirit. For me vodka is the weapon of choice... the rest of the process involves 2 ziploc bags .. one inside the other to avoid leakage. Buy mixers at the ice cream vans .. or chippers, whoever has cool soft drinks.

Whats the app called? Im searching Electric Picnic in the app store on an iphone and am just getting an old entertainment.ie festival guide..

I think 3 had it published before they should have ... and then pulled it quickly ... so some people may have got it .. that's what i meant. I guess it is a re-run of their Longitude app ..

I think 3 had it published before they should have ... and then pulled it quickly ... so some people may have got it .. that's what i meant. I guess it is a re-run of their Longitude app ..

Ah sorry! gotcha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

tip of the day (i picked this up on this thread last year)...

basically, ditch your beer for the day and pick your favourite spirit. For me vodka is the weapon of choice... the rest of the process involves 2 ziploc bags .. one inside the other to avoid leakage. Buy mixers at the ice cream vans .. or chippers, whoever has cool soft drinks.

G&Ts it is then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

risteardo wrote: »
    G&Ts it is then :)

Gin and Testicles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »

Not on iOS either

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Get an artists pass or family pass. The security lads don't search your bags if you have these wristbands. I had an artists pass the last couple of years- cans all day!

room_149 wrote: »
    Get an artists pass or family pass. The security lads don't search your bags if you have these wristbands. I had an artists pass the last couple of years- cans all day!

you make it sound easy ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Glowsticks for your tent at night ftw. Waaay better than torches/LEDs imo though it's handy to have a torch/headlamp for getting back to your tent.

And yeah; I'll emphasize the general Baltic-ess post 10pm... :(

I'm going to presume I'm fine on this one - but all this talk of searches etc has made me think; I have a chronic illness that means I've to take a truck load of medication each day. Didnt consider bringing the medication with me would be an issue until now - should I get a doctors note or anything? or once its in the prescription boxes, it should be ok?
    I will need to bring tablets into the arena with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

you make it sound easy ... ;)

I probably shouldn't be giving away Festival tricks of the trade on here tbh! ;)

Edit- I've never performed at the Picnic but Ireland's a small country and it's amazing what a small bit of networking & experience can do with regard to getting perks at festivals

The 1.00am bars thing is a load of bollox though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

I'm going to presume I'm fine on this one - but all this talk of searches etc has made me think; I have a chronic illness that means I've to take a truck load of medication each day. Didnt consider bringing the medication with me would be an issue until now - should I get a doctors note or anything? or once its in the prescription boxes, it should be ok?
    I will need to bring tablets into the arena with me.

You should be ok! I also have to carry a bag load of meds with me everywhere I go including an anapen and I've never been asked to explain going through their searches. I carry all mine in a pencil case and just pop it into my bag then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well if there isnt some other 'high profile Irish act' at least we'll always have this

Your all welcome by the way

Advertisement