Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Go for the eco or green camping, they are cleaner and less crowded, and you have to be organised to book ahead to get in to them, which means no scobes

Am with a bunch of mates who did the same thing last year, so whilst the green/eco thing is probably similar, i'm actually happy with the service I got for the price. The no lugging / setup / tear down also works very well for me.

It's horses for courses, people might think it a rip off but **** it, i want security, a hot shower and a good nights kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'd love to give the pink moon camping a go at least once. The problem would be trying to convince a group to do it though!

If you get your ticket for €150 it's not too bad for the extra camping

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

FFruit New Acts-Richie Hawtin, Groove Armada, Damian Lazarus, Jamie XX,Mount Kimbie, Waze & Odyssey, Disciples, Kelela & Booka brass band. Was hoping to see some of those acts at ep or Body and Soul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

-=al=- wrote: »
    I'd love to give the pink moon camping a go at least once. The problem would be trying to convince a group to do it though!

If you get your ticket for €150 it's not too bad for the extra camping

Yea I'm in the same boat with trying to convince mates. I practically have the tickets paid for now, hope to do the same with the camping cost.
    I've 3 gripes with the camping,

1) Some of the tents are right beside the EA-Rankings wood stages, but you have to walk all the way around for the arena entrance, for the price of the camp this should include an individual entrance.

2) Sure you don't need to carry a tent, but to be honest it's the booze that's the killer that's still gonna be a factor. I want a service where I post my beer in advance to the camp crowd, they have it ready and chilled for my arrival ;) (how epic would that be!!)

3) If your mates are in the regular camp or even a different paid camp how easy is it to meet up with them should phone go tits up! Tent time can be half the craic but that's an issue if only half your mates are allowed in!

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    1) Some of the tents are right beside the EA-Rankings wood stages, but you have to walk all the way around for the arena entrance, for the price of the camp this should include an individual entrance.

Their own entrance to the main arena would be a ****ing dream, sooo much time would be saved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hello Electric Picnic Land, when is the next announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Who knows, think it was March before we saw details last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Who knows, think it was March before we saw details last year.

just looked back on the 2104 thread, 19th of march last year

Snarky Snark Snark

So we could be in for a bit of a wait yet then.
    Listening to that War On Drugs album, tis very nice, think i shall have to see them, me likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Ugh. So far away. Hard looking at so many other line ups being announced every day.

• Advertisement

I'm expecting an announcement in the next two-three weeks! No facts just a guesstimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Bestival started announcing their headliners and other acts around this time last year, so hopefully in a week or 2 we'll see what they have, so will have an idea of who's touring around then and could pop up at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

End of the Road festival (4/5/6 Sept) have announced Sufjan Stevens, Tame Impala, War on Drugs, Django Django & Future Islands among others.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some of those added to The War on Drugs for EP.

Sufjan Stevens & Tame Impala would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

bestival announcing its lineup next week. do we usually share many acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Yea last year we shared a few:

Outkast
    Foals
    Chic
    London Grammar
    Clean Bandit

Two other festivals in the UK happening in 4th - 6th Sept is One Love Festival a reggae festival in Hampshire and Sundown festival in Norfolk, Sundown announces its line up in the 9th of this month while One Love will be announcing over the next few months, so these line ups will be worth checking out too for potential EP artists.

Edit: Just looking at previous line ups for Sundown, not very Picnicky so scratch that one maybe.

Snarky Snark Snark

Suffering Stevens can **** right off no matter who is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

We could very well see Mumford and Sons

hopefully they're too big these days and EP don't fancy shelling out that amount of money for a festival that will probably sell out either way, given the lower profile of last year's headliners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see either M&S doing T-Vital or just waiting for the usual arena new album tour then back for an outdoor show next year

More like Mumford can f**k right off, they'd be huge bucks! Feck all left for booking other acts. I'd take Sufjan Stevens, wouldn't be a major fan but defo worth a look.

Last time Mumford were in Ireland they didn't play any festivals, they did there own show in Marley park or Phoenix park? Hopefully they do the same again.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Last time Mumford were in Ireland they didn't play any festivals, they did there own show in Marley park or Phoenix park? Hopefully they do the same again.

Gentlemen of the Road tour, is that what you were referring to they played at Salthill Park in Galway in June 2012 I think.

played the Phoenix Park in July 2013.
    Ben Howard, The Vaccines, Edward Sharpe & Magnetic Zeroes, and Ham Sandwich supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sufjan is unlikely. His End of the Road slot is his first ever festival appearance in Europe and the announcement stated that it would be his only European show this year.

Which is a shame. I'd love to see him.

I've been backing the Mumford train for weeks now. I hope to god I'm wrong but I'd say it's pretty likely.

Tame Impala would be great but, so far, every act I've predicted has been picked up elsewhere so I'm not too confident betting on anything now! Alt-J, Young Fathers, Wild Beasts, Caribou, Groove Armada, Interpol, Hozier - all playing Ireland already this year, most on the festival circuit.

I'd like someone that surprises me. I know that's a pretty specific market but c'mon EP... Vampire Weekend, the Strokes or someone of that sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'd like someone that surprises me. I know that's a pretty specific market but c'mon EP... Vampire Weekend, the Strokes or someone of that sort.

Didn't Vampire Weekend play EP in 2013?

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Didn't Vampire Weekend play EP in 2013?

Longtitude had them and they were unreal, best bit of the weekend for me.

Can't see mumford playing ep I really don't want them to either, ep doesn't seem like the right place
    for them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrPink666

Hope the prodigy get announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

...The Strokes or someone of that sort.

They're a good shout. I wouldn't be surprised if they were added.

Advertisement