Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

reporting you to the picnic police for trying to get in at age 17

I'm 18 in literally 2 weeks😂 the picnic police will never catch me😎

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

What's the craic with rocking up on Thursday night ?

Is it just the campsite that is open ?

Anybody done it?

Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Last minute purchase of a ticket. Decided i wouldn't go because of work picking up. I'm blaming this thread and each of you! Friday and Monday booked off. Hunt for beer offers starts today!

Making up the list of acts I want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anybody done it?

Worth it?

I think the only people who are allowed to go on the Thursday night are volunteers and those with campervan tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 musikaaaaaa

Anybody done it?

Worth it?[/quote

The campervan site I assume your talking about?
    Have done it the last few years and glad not to be doing it this year. Purely because I end up getting too excited and getting **** faced in the campervan in anticipation of the next few days haha.

Camping again this year for first time since 2010 so heading down for around 11pm on friday. Hope there are still some good camping spots still left.

Sorry I meant 1pm on the Friday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anybody done it?

Worth it?

Even the campsite isn't open. Just campervans. Wouldn't waste my time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

navosa wrote: »
    Cheers lads got the camping chair sorted in eurogiant.

For anyone who didn't manage to get the power bank in aldi, eurogiant have a few different sized ones I picked up a 7800 mAh for €15 and they have a 10000 mAh one for €20. Few smaller ones available too!

Which euro giant was that? James St is closest to me so gonna try there

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Which euro giant was that? James St is closest to me so gonna try there

I got it in the one across from Ilac center but I think they have them in most stores!

Even the campsite isn't open. Just campervans. Wouldn't waste my time tbh.

Ah grand.

Just as well i didn't waste my time so..

Whats the earliest on friday you can get in ?

Is 1pm correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah grand.

Just as well i didn't waste my time so..

Whats the earliest on friday you can get in ?

Is 1pm correct ?

Campsite opens at 9 am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If you go in a 9 make sure you bring breakfast a lot of the stands aren't ready at all yet, almost ended up pretty hungry last year until the afternoon when they were all going full swing!

There's also really no benefit to going there at 9 am, there are TONNES of spaces until the late afternoon / early evening.

...and on that note I am going to be there at 9am just because it makes no difference what time I leave limerick at and I might as well have the tent and everything set up to be drinking a can before lunch :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i don't think i've ever been there before midday, usually more like 2pm in the last couple of years. prefer having a lie-in and a late breakfast on Friday morning rather than rushing down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Get a job, moochers.

Great, thanks for the info Frozen.

I need to leave on sunday arvo, will there be shuttle buses to portaloise station at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Get a job, moochers.
    some of us have jobs that don't involve being on the doss for the summer like you mooching teachers! :pac:
    enjoy school on Friday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

New Jackson is on 2am Saturday night (RBMA)
    He was on 2fm earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

tigerjames wrote: »
    we will be driving down from dublin and are camping in the boutique camping, we were told to park in carpark z, were thinking of leaving the M1 going onto the R445, going through portlaois on the N80 and going south down the Abbeyleix road. Can anyone tell me will this work? :)

That's the long way around. I used to do that when the m7 was backed up and we entered the car park from a different side. If you take the portlaoise slip road and drive straight through the roundabout, narrow road but brings you out above the car park entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Any one know when Jon Hopkins is on? What day even? Is it the electric arena he'll be playing? If he's headlining Sat night it looks like it'll be sprint to the campsite after his set, grab the few beers then off to New Jackson in the woods.. I'll be a very happy bunny indeed...!ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

son lux is very good, not heard of him before has anybody seen him live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Hopkins playing the Saturday, just replied to me on twitter...

edit: Also said 11pm but didn't know what stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Curtis Harding pulled out of EOTR. He'll probably cancel EP too.
    Shame, he was on my "wouldn't mind seeing, if he's on at a reasonable time & doesn't clash with anyone else" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Curtis Harding pulled out of EOTR. He'll probably cancel EP too.
    Shame, he was on my "wouldn't mind seeing, if he's on at a reasonable time & doesn't clash with anyone else" list.

I have a similar list : )

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Hopkins playing the Saturday, just replied to me on twitter...

hope hes closing and wont be in electric arena against blur(if they are on sat) tough one for me,

this guy son lux though, just listening to this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAtcXZHd5B8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

anyone know is there any urban/hip-hop Djs or acts?
    last year i went to see kaytranada, and flume, anything along those lines on?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Lashing YouTube out of it tonight, despacio looks class. Grace jones is crackers, could be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

hope hes closing and wont be in electric arena against blur(if they are on sat) tough one for me,

this guy son lux though, just listening to this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAtcXZHd5B8

I'm in the same boat!! don't know how I could miss Blur!! it's going to be a 'once in a life time' gig, but Hopkins I really really wanna see!!! Could be the ultimate clash!!

Anyone see the Hopkins gig live at Glasto, did he play the other stage?

In saying this it's looking like Underworld are 100% on Friday night, so who else is there to do the Saturday night late slot!! Blur followed by Hopkins would be an absolute treat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

srm23 wrote: »
    anyone know is there any urban/hip-hop Djs or acts?
    last year i went to see kaytranada, and flume, anything along those lines on?

Tourist would be similar to Flume
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msgy3wzJ1h8

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat!! don't know how I could miss Blur!! it's going to be a 'once in a life time' gig, but Hopkins I really really wanna see!!! Could be the ultimate clash!!

In saying this it's looking like Underworld are 100% on Friday night, so who else is there to do the Saturday night late slot!! Blur followed by Hopkins would be an absolute treat!!

would paul kalkbrenner or even hot chip be possibility's for last slot, shoot, i wanna see them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Fatfrog wrote: »

Jesus if that was the case I would have to peaking very late. Its a long auld day until 12

Advertisement