Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Kalkbrenner's website says he plays EP on Sunday and he is in Italy on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

srm23 wrote: »
    anyone know is there any urban/hip-hop Djs or acts?

You know that Jurassic 5 and Yasin Bey (Mos Def) are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopkins might get the late slot at EA 12.30 - 1.30 am so more likely to be up against Underworld, Blur will be mostly likely to be 9 or 9.30 - 11.30 / 12 am kinda like the Cure set in 2012.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fiachb7

My friend and I are volunteering but we don't really have a plan on getting back to dublin (UCD specifically). Does anyone know if I can get a single ticket on bus eireann or is anyone heading that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

last year i went to see kaytranada, and flume, anything along those lines on?

Have a listen to A. Skillz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

last year i went to see kaytranada, and flume, anything along those lines on?
    Check out ho99o9. They seem to be a death grips clone. But they're good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

papaoutai wrote: »
    No prob thanks! I only ask because it's my first year going, it says 'performer ticket' was just wondering what that entails. Thanks for the help :)

It doesnt entitke you to very much and its not vip, theres a seperate campsite that is miles away and about the only privelege it affords you is you can bring booze into the arena if you know which gates to use.

Whosthis wrote: »
    It doesnt entitke you to very much and its not vip, theres a seperate campsite that is miles away and about the only privelege it affords you is you can bring booze into the arena if you know which gates to use.

Its all through the one gate to the top right from the Jimi Hendrix camp site entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat!! don't know how I could miss Blur!! it's going to be a 'once in a life time' gig, but Hopkins I really really wanna see!!! Could be the ultimate clash!!

Anyone see the Hopkins gig live at Glasto, did he play the other stage?

In saying this it's looking like Underworld are 100% on Friday night, so who else is there to do the Saturday night late slot!! Blur followed by Hopkins would be an absolute treat!!

He played Park stage i think, which is a smaller outdoor stage than the other stage. Still probably drew 10 to 15k at it.
    I don't buy the whole underworld on a friday night thing like Stuart Clarke said yet, they have no other dates the whole weekend and are ideal for the late saturday night slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

I'm in the same boat!! don't know how I could miss Blur!! it's going to be a 'once in a life time' gig, but Hopkins I really really wanna see!!! Could be the ultimate clash!!

Anyone see the Hopkins gig live at Glasto, did he play the other stage?

In saying this it's looking like Underworld are 100% on Friday night, so who else is there to do the Saturday night late slot!! Blur followed by Hopkins would be an absolute treat!!

So Underworld are deffo Friday night ? if not I had them clashing with Hopkins.

That leaves Hopkins to clash with whoever is on last on the main stage, which is most likely (going on previous EPs) a dance act. Hopkins vs Hotchip , or if Blur are pushed to the final slot then a clash with them. That's a nightmare already. I wish EP would release even the day breakdowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

would paul kalkbrenner or even hot chip be possibility's for last slot, shoot, i wanna see them all

pk is sunday and I'm thinking hot chip are as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

That leaves Hopkins to clash with whoever is on last on the main stage, which is most likely (going on previous EPs) a dance act. Hopkins vs Hotchip , or if Blur are pushed to the final slot then a clash with them. That's a nightmare already. I wish EP would release even the day breakdowns.

Having electronic acts on main stage and ea late on saturday night has proven to be a dumb idea, squarepusher and tiga had shocking crowds in 2012 and 2013 respectively when Orbital and Disclosure were on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

In thinking back it was actually Stewart from hot press that said Underworld were on Friday night, I took this gospel assuming he's "in the know" but it turned out he was looking a web sites, so Underworld could well be Sat night after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Is a little annoying that timetable cant be released a little earlier, anyhow only 6
    more sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'd be gutted if Blur, Jon Hopkins or Underworld clash. Hopefully Jon Hopkins is on after Blur and Underworld play the Friday against Sam Smith.

In thinking back it was actually Stewart from hot press that said Underworld were on Friday night, I took this gospel assuming he's "in the know" but it turned out he was looking a web sites, so Underworld could well be Sat night after all!

The thing is the Underworld live schedule on their website, I wouldn't treat that info as gospel, if you look at all their festival dates, they are put down for the opening night. They are down for Bestival on Thursday night, Bestival's opening night and Friday for EP (also the opening night). So the info is always the same as you would get on Last FM or Songkick not as reliable and not as yet confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'd be gutted if Blur, Jon Hopkins or Underworld clash. Hopefully Jon Hopkins is on after Blur and Underworld play the Friday against Sam Smith.

YEP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

MadYaker wrote: »
    Oasis, U2 and David Bowie.

I'm not going this year BTW, but if the first two of that lot were headlining EP this year, I'd be sitting at home with Popcorn, 6 cans and one massive smile on my face with no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm not going this year BTW, but if the first two of that lot were headlining EP this year, I'd be sitting at home with Popcorn, 6 cans and one massive smile on my face with no regrets.

Only x6 cans Pfff!! That's like 1 hours regular EP consumption!! :D :pac:

Omigod RTE are using the same presenters as last year Eoghan McDermott and Jenny Greene to do Electric Picnic coverage, FFS! Will they ever learn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Omigod RTE are using the same presenters as last year Eoghan McDermott and Jenny Greene to do Electric Picnic coverage, FFS! Will they ever learn.

They were painful to watch last year. Had it recorded with hope of reliving the weekends festivities. Turned it on then on the Monday evening and 5 mins in turned it off!!!
    Surely they could source some better presenters ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hopkins might get the late slot at EA 12.30 - 1.30 am so more likely to be up against Underworld, Blur will be mostly likely to be 9 or 9.30 - 11.30 / 12 am kinda like the Cure set in 2012.

I think it's a banker that blur will close whatever stage they are on. My guess is Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

What's the closest thing to an act like the presets?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

SmallBalls wrote:
    Hopkins playing the Saturday, just replied to me on twitter...

He said playing at 11pm but dosent know what stage...

Steroo wrote: »

The Defaults and The Templates are two that spring to mind.

Right folks I'm away in under a half an hour to catch a bus to Kinnegad and then a lift to Stradbally. Safe journey everyone and for the meet up I'll either have my Toots and the Maytals tee shirt or Aphex Twin tee shirt on. Looking forward to this bring it on, I'll be back on here in about eight days time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Factory and Standard are decent too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

The Defaults and The Templates are two that spring to mind.

Thanks - any links ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Thanks - any links ?

If you google Presets, you'll probably get Defaults and Templates. 😬

• Advertisement

I was in Stradbally last night and there was a nice little buzz around the place with all the workers and volunteers. Shorts, dreadlocks and 'natural' body odours were all present and correct.

Apparently the surface is holding up okay after a pretty wet week. However I've heard from some of the locals that certain of the car park fields are already in bad shape, so let that be an early warning.

Also, I spoke to a young man who is helping to build a new art space in the woods, just passed the Salty Dog. I think it's called 'Art-Lost' or something like that. The poor lad looked wrecked tired, but he was still giving me the sales pitch, even with one eye closed from the want of sleep. So I'll definitely be heading along to lie down and drink cans in, on or around whatever 'it' is.

Advertisement