Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Steroo wrote: »
    Thanks - any links ?

Just wait... the penny will drop eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Just wait... the penny will drop eventually.

God help me ha ha
    Too early for jokings!!

Steroo wrote: »
    God help me ha ha
    Too early for jokings!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

The Defaults and The Templates are two that spring to mind.

He he. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

I see Foals did a surprise unannounced set at Reading.

We'ed never be so lucky ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Right folks I'm away in under a half an hour to catch a bus to Kinnegad and then a lift to Stradbally. Safe journey everyone and for the meet up I'll either have my Toots and the Maytals tee shirt or Aphex Twin tee shirt on. Looking forward to this bring it on, I'll be back on here in about eight days time. :)

God speed old chap....few build images would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Is anyone aware of any bus service returning to Dublin on the Sunday around 1/2pm? Bus Eireann don't appear to be returning until 8pm

gandalfio wrote: »
    Is anyone aware of any bus service returning to Dublin on the Sunday around 1/2pm? Bus Eireann don't appear to be returning until 8pm

One option is to get the Dublin Coach from Portlaoise to the Red Cow Luas stop. It leaves every hour, on the half hour.

Edit: Actually, if you end up having to go into Portlaoise you're better off getting a Bus Eireann straight into the city. I'm not sure what the timetable is but it used to be every two hours.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

papaoutai wrote: »
    No prob thanks! I only ask because it's my first year going, it says 'performer ticket' was just wondering what that entails. Thanks for the help :)

Is it a weekend performer or day? there are two types id check before hand, depending on the act it could only give you access on performance day

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

gandalfio wrote: »

Look up Marathon Coaches, think they go all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Loads of camping chairs in woodies at blanch for 11.99 and homestoreandmore had camping mats for 2.50 and little pop up lamps for 2.50 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Is it a weekend performer or day? there are two types id check before hand, depending on the act it could only give you access on performance day

A mate has one of those. How do you distinguish between day and weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

andreac wrote: »
    Loads of camping chairs in woodies at blanch for 11.99 and homestoreandmore had camping mats for 2.50 and little pop up lamps for 2.50 too.

They have some bloody brilliant head lamps in home store for 2.50 too, small, light (in weight), comfortable and bright! I've been using it to walk the dog at night time......I know I'm a crazy

Right folks I'm away in under a half an hour to catch a bus to Kinnegad and then a lift to Stradbally. Safe journey everyone and for the meet up I'll either have my Toots and the Maytals tee shirt or Aphex Twin tee shirt on. Looking forward to this bring it on, I'll be back on here in about eight days time. :)

GOD SPEED

Guys what are the details on the meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

dublinjen wrote: »
    GOD SPEED

Guys what are the details on the meet up?

I assume its still between 5-5.30pm at the Salty Dog on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Not sure if this has already been posted but Penney's have power banks for 7 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just whiled away the morning watching this YouTube playlist.

It's all 23 songs that Blur played at their last gig.

Definitely got me in the mood :)

Now off up to the attic to get down the tent and camping gear.

Obligatory practice tent put-up this afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not sure if this has already been posted but Penney's have power banks for 7 euro!

Aldi have ones for €15 atm with more than double the charging capacity too. Depending on how much phone usage you've got, this may also be worth it!!

--

I'm so damn excited to see My Morning Jacket. Have been listening to them on repeat!!

How good does this look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Shane MacGowan broke his pelvis apparently...

Can we assume this appearance may not be happening now? ;)

Apparently it was due to a "complicated dance move" !!!!

Aldi have ones for €15 atm with more than double the charging capacity too. Depending on how much phone usage you've got, this may also be worth it!!

--

I'm so damn excited to see My Morning Jacket. Have been listening to them on repeat!!

How good does this look?

You've moved them from my B-List to the A-List :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dublinjen wrote: »
    You've moved them from my B-List to the A-List :eek:

Glad to be of service!

They're top of my list. Have been waiting about a decade to see them. They have a great reputation for live performances. Surprises me how they seemed to fly under the radar a little on this side of the Atlantic. Would love them to be on the main stage at about 7pm playing to a big crowd, but presume they're more likely to be in one of the smaller tents early in the day.

Here they are with Kirk Hammett from Metallica...

New album is great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

navosa wrote: »
    Cheers lads got the camping chair sorted in eurogiant.

For anyone who didn't manage to get the power bank in aldi, eurogiant have a few different sized ones I picked up a 7800 mAh for €15 and they have a 10000 mAh one for €20. Few smaller ones available too!

I picked up the 10800mAh (€20) one yesterday and gave it a test run last night. Surprisingly good build quality. Its a little heavy, but it works very well indeed. I will get approx 4 charges of my Galaxy S4 with this thing. That should get me through the weekend no problem. It says that it takes 12 hours to charge the thing. Would recommend these.

The 7800 mAh is a lot smaller and lighter. For 15 quid that one is a really good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Leaving Dublin at 6pm Friday by car, are we likely to encounter long queues getting into the car park there? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

--

How good does this look?

Had the missus enjoying them last night on YouTube but never saw that clip. Never heard of them until a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

gebbel wrote: »
    Leaving Dublin at 6pm Friday by car, are we likely to encounter long queues getting into the car park there? Many thanks.

Not at all. Will be 8.30 before your tent is pitched though. Hope you have someone pitching it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Just bought a 12000mah, for 20 on eBay. Can charge both phones so she'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Sorry can anyone help, I've bee googling and scrolling this thread it I can't find a specific timetable schedule for next Saturday especially main stage anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Sorry can anyone help, I've bee googling and scrolling this thread it I can't find a specific timetable schedule for next Saturday especially main stage anyone?

The times aren't being released until later in the werk i.e. Weds/Thurs

The source of your difficulty probably stems for the fact that such a thing doesn't exist yet.

Next week pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Just bought a 12000mah, for 20 on eBay. Can charge both phones so she'll be delighted.

I'm tempted to order one from eBay but I doubt it will deliver on time?

Advertisement