Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

pmalone wrote: »
    I picked up the 10800mAh (€20) one yesterday and gave it a test run last night. Surprisingly good build quality. Its a little heavy, but it works very well indeed. I will get approx 4 charges of my Galaxy S4 with this thing. That should get me through the weekend no problem. It says that it takes 12 hours to charge the thing. Would recommend these.

The 7800 mAh is a lot smaller and lighter. For 15 quid that one is a really good buy.

Was that in Eurogiant? Which one?...many left?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

I'm tempted to order one from eBay but I doubt it will deliver on time?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SR5N5HU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I ordered this late on the 26th with two day delivery to parcel motel. It got here last night.

You could be fairly certain of a wed/thurs arrival if you put in the order today

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

SmallBalls wrote: »

Got the 7800mha one yesterday in eurogiant. The one on James street. Loads of them behind the counter. Charges 2 phones at once and seems to be good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Dungarvan. They had plenty of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Due to the wasp invasion of 2013 and 2014 I put insect repellent at the top of my list! I got kids foil pouch drinkie things for getting vodka in an out of the arena.. will stuff them in my bra and hopefully get away with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

These are great for smuggling booze. And have a screw top so no leaking. Not sure how easy they are to find though because I only ever see them in a petrol station out the road from me. Never saw them anywhere else..

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Never camped in wilde but it's looking likely because people we are camping with are going down before us. What's the verdict?

Weird picnic for us this year, my Bro and his missus are gone to burning man, my Bro in law living in Sydney for 12 years is missing his 2nd picnic in 7 years and my mate never got a ticket. Still can't wait.

I'm 36, feel like a 20 year old 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Folks. What's the best way to charge the battery packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

nmg_ire wrote: »

Before you leave!

I have a fairly rudimentary understanding of batteries but I believe with lithium ion you extend the packs life by doing a full charge and the full deplete (as in do not charge it again until or dies)

Edit: no. Refer to frozen below

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Sorry to point out the obvious but us your charger into a socket.
    Down there? Leave it in for charging Saturday day time at a cost of a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

no it's bad to let them run out fully as they will swell with a full discharge, same with phones! better to keep topping them up in the 40-80% range and make use of quick charging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

declanleo wrote: »
    Sorry to point out the obvious but us your charger into a socket.
    Down there? Leave it in for charging Saturday day time at a cost of a fiver

:rolleyes:

no it's bad to let them run out fully as they will swell with a full discharge, same with phones! better to keep topping them up in the 40-80% range and make use of quick charging

Right it seems my understanding is worse than rudimentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

He said playing at 11pm but dosent know what stage...

So Hopkins playing Sat at 11 possibly play for 1.5 hours max. Based on previous years I expect Blur to start just after 10 and play for 2hours'ish?

If these times are correct it's a mega clash for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Tame Impala have posted on their Facebook that they're playing on Sunday at 12am, and Pond on Sunday at "9am"

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Fatfrog wrote: »
    So Hopkins playing Sat at 11 possibly play for 1.5 hours max. Based on previous years I expect Blur to start just after 10 and play for 2hours'ish?

No chance. Blur will do the 12.45 to 2am slot.

Or something similar as an hour and a quarter is prob too little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »

Ugh, Ya if hopkins is on 11pm saturday its more than likely he'll be clashing with Blur sad to say. Blur most likely will be finishing at 12am.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

gandalfio wrote:
    Blur will do the 12.45 to 2am slot.

Definitely not, 10-12ish..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gandalfio wrote: »
    No chance. Blur will do the 12.45 to 2am slot.

Or something similar as an hour and a quarter is prob too little
    based on previous Electric Picnics, absolutely not.
    headliner will be on around 9:30 or 10.
    dance-y act from after midnight until 1:45.

most likely:
    Blur 9:45-11:45
    Underworld 12:30-1:45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

That's a shame, but it's gotta be Hopkins for me. I'd say he is immense live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Tame Impala have posted on their Facebook that they're playing on Sunday at 12am, and Pond on Sunday at "9am"

early start for me on sunday ;)

based on previous Electric Picnics, absolutely not.
    headliner will be on around 9:30 or 10.
    dance-y act from after midnight until 1:45.

most likely:
    Blur 9:45-11:45
    Underworld 12:30-1:45

Did Chic not close on the Saturday night last year preceeded by Portishead?

Just can't see Blur doing anything but closing the main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

gandalfio wrote: »
    Did Chic not close on the Saturday night last year preceeded by Portishead?

Just can't see Blur doing anything but closing the main stage
    yeah, and Portishead were festival headliners. Chic were not.

yeah, and Portishead were festival headliners. Chic were not.

Cool. Well once we get hour and a half minimum out of Blur I'll be a happy man

These are great for smuggling booze. And have a screw top so no leaking. Not sure how easy they are to find though because I only ever see them in a petrol station out the road from me. Never saw them anywhere else..

These are exactly like the ones I got, except mine have cartoon animals on the front! €1.50 each in Eurogiant in Dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

ElleEm wrote: »
    These are exactly like the ones I got, except mine have cartoon animals on the front! €1.50 each in Eurogiant in Dublin 1.

Cartoon animals you say.....im sold! :D

Cartoon animals you say.....im sold! :D

I got a frog one... something about it just screamed PICNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

ElleEm wrote: »

Might be a stupid question, but do these already have juice in them when you buy them or are they empty? Might check out euro giant hear me for them.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hoping some dedicated Dubs fans might sell their EP tickets now due to the game next Saturday.... I live in hope :pac:

Advertisement