Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

declanleo wrote: »
    I'm going with blur from 12 until 2 hopkins in ea with underworld afterwards finishing off

Hopkins followed by Underworld would be a dream :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

This time next week it will nearly be all over and the depression setting in :-(

dublinjen wrote: »
    GOD SPEED

Guys what are the details on the meet up?
    Mince Pie wrote: »
    I assume its still between 5-5.30pm at the Salty Dog on Friday.

If someone could maybe confirm this closer to the time, that would be great. As it stands, I don't know anyone else going up this year (apart from my manager - awkward) so a group of strangers from the internet to latch onto would be nice! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

This time next week it will nearly be all over and the depression setting in :-(

well id say you're a glass half empty type, enjoy the weekend Monday week will bring what it brings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/how-to-deal-with-a-festival-comedown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I was doing up this list for a friend who's going for the first time, sharing it here, it might be useful to someone.

- Ticket!!!

- Cashmoney: Need money mostly for food, a few pints during the day, and late night cups of tea (lifesavers!). It's very difficult to sneak cans in and pints in there are 6 f*cking euro. So it's spirits down your jocks in aCapri Sun pouch (with a screw top, best job for the shneakin') . You can bring cans in when the bars close at 1am.
    The food there is feckin deadly, €5-€10, loads of choice and really lovely. Obviously bring some snack food for the tent.

- For camping: Tent with all the poles & pegs, sleeping mat, sleeping bag. Light for the tent and a small torch for your pocket. Insect repellent is a good thing to have, the place was invaded by wasps a few times. Empty pillow case, you can stuff some clothes into it and use it as a pillow.

- Packable rain jacket. They have them in Dunnes for €12. Or a decent poncho that you can stuff in your pocket. And sun cream! They're predicting some sun anyway.

- Warm clothes for night time. It gets cold. I'm bringing a wooly hat, and gloves for holding cans. I often wear 2 pairs of sock at night. Comfy and warm. Hoody is essential. I also have long-johns which are the business, and good for sleeping in.

- Decent footwear. You'll be doing sooooo much walking. Hiking boots are the best job.

- All Ireland final on Sunday. 30mins walk into Stradbally town to the pubs. It'll be full of people from Kilkenny & Galway, it's great craic. Fairly packed but it's great to have real pints in real glass and have real toilets. There is also a big Super Valu in town so we can stock up on more cans etc.

- Wet wipes, deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste. There are showers but I've never been near them! Bring you own towel if you want to do that. Bring plenty of fresh socks, jocks, and t-shirts.

- Portable phone charger. They sell them in the pound shop on High Street. Penny's and Aldi maybe too. iPhone 5 is about 2000ma, so a 10000ma charger will do about 5 full charges. There will be an EP app released during the week.

- Smokes, skins, extra lighters. They sell tobacco in the shop there and the stands but not all the brands, so you might want to stock up before.

- Water bottle. Bring in empty, it's lighter to carry. Diaoralyte rehydration sachets! Great thing to have. Get them in the pharmacy. I bring cheap barrocca tablets too. Makes the water taste better. There are drinking taps on the campsite to refill. I bring 2 bottles, less trips to the taps. And some kind of painkiller, Neurofen or something can be good.

- Hand sanitiser. There is usually some at the toilets but they can run out sometimes. Instead of a roll of toilet roll, packets of tissues are a lot handier. Easy to carry around with you in your pockets.

That's all I can think of now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

to add to that list, have a first aid kit in car or tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

to add to that list, have a first aid kit in car or tent.

Safety first Firemarsall Bill

Snarky Snark Snark

Safety first Firemarsall Bill

Yeah, kinda, i prepped my kit today as worky all week, went through my first aid kits (have one in boot of car and a much smaller one for tent) checking the dates on everything as i got them years ago. Don't think i had seen them on anyones list so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Yeah, kinda, i prepped my kit today as worky all week, went through my first aid kits (have one in boot of car and a much smaller one for tent) checking the dates on everything as i got them years ago. Don't think i had seen them on anyones list so far.

Checking the dates?what you carrying there,morphine?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Checking the dates?what you carrying there,morphine?

Quaaludes, amyl nitrite, ...

ha, hell no,

the kits are years old, so dates on the pain killers and antiseptic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

not sure if this info is general knowledge or not but there is a bit in the events section of the Sunday Times culture mag today;

FRIDAY
    Florence
    Belle & Sebastian
    Dawes
    Ham Sandwich

SATURDAY
    Blur
    Roisin Murphy
    George Ezra
    The Riptide Movement
    The Staves
    The Lost Brothers

Nothing about Sunday - dono where that info came from but make what you will of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I was doing up this list for a friend who's going for the first time, sharing it here, it might be useful to someone.

- Ticket!!!

- Cashmoney: Need money mostly for food, a few pints during the day, and late night cups of tea (lifesavers!). It's very difficult to sneak cans in and pints in there are 6 f*cking euro. So it's spirits down your jocks in aCapri Sun pouch (with a screw top, best job for the shneakin') . You can bring cans in when the bars close at 1am.
    The food there is feckin deadly, €5-€10, loads of choice and really lovely. Obviously bring some snack food for the tent.

- For camping: Tent with all the poles & pegs, sleeping mat, sleeping bag. Light for the tent and a small torch for your pocket. Insect repellent is a good thing to have, the place was invaded by wasps a few times. Empty pillow case, you can stuff some clothes into it and use it as a pillow.

- Packable rain jacket. They have them in Dunnes for €12. Or a decent poncho that you can stuff in your pocket. And sun cream! They're predicting some sun anyway.

- Warm clothes for night time. It gets cold. I'm bringing a wooly hat, and gloves for holding cans. I often wear 2 pairs of sock at night. Comfy and warm. Hoody is essential. I also have long-johns which are the business, and good for sleeping in.

- Decent footwear. You'll be doing sooooo much walking. Hiking boots are the best job.

- All Ireland final on Sunday. 30mins walk into Stradbally town to the pubs. It'll be full of people from Kilkenny & Galway, it's great craic. Fairly packed but it's great to have real pints in real glass and have real toilets. There is also a big Super Valu in town so we can stock up on more cans etc.

- Wet wipes, deodorant, toothbrush & toothpaste. There are showers but I've never been near them! Bring you own towel if you want to do that. Bring plenty of fresh socks, jocks, and t-shirts.

- Portable phone charger. They sell them in the pound shop on High Street. Penny's and Aldi maybe too. iPhone 5 is about 2000ma, so a 10000ma charger will do about 5 full charges. There will be an EP app released during the week.

- Smokes, skins, extra lighters. They sell tobacco in the shop there and the stands but not all the brands, so you might want to stock up before.

- Water bottle. Bring in empty, it's lighter to carry. Diaoralyte rehydration sachets! Great thing to have. Get them in the pharmacy. I bring cheap barrocca tablets too. Makes the water taste better. There are drinking taps on the campsite to refill. I bring 2 bottles, less trips to the taps. And some kind of painkiller, Neurofen or something can be good.

- Hand sanitiser. There is usually some at the toilets but they can run out sometimes. Instead of a roll of toilet roll, packets of tissues are a lot handier. Easy to carry around with you in your pockets.

That's all I can think of now anyway.

Suncream and after sun and it it is sunny mind yerself , two years ago i had a splitting headache by saturday night because of dehydration and the sun.

Bring enough money for the whole weekend , do not depend on the ATM the que takes hours and i am not exaggerating. You will end up eating more often than you think and buying more pints than you think too.

Snarky Snark Snark

right, so given every one else is posting their lists, i prepped my gear today and may as well share mine

1 - bog roll x 4 (two in tent, two in car)

2 - small bottle of hand cleanser (antiseptic stuff) x 2

3 - wipes (3 x types, small tissue sized for in shorts pocket, larger wet wipes for post food etc.. and then the arse wipes), two of each cos i'm paranoid. multiple packs of standard pocket tissues also.

4 - rain gear, for me this is jack wolfskin thingy with their version of gore-tex and a gore-tex hat, cannot be arsed with leggings

5 - lights, tent lantern and head torch and small led torch all tested and batteries replaced (not really used since last year), back up led torch in car with big fook off d cell maglite (as used by police forces on unsuspecting peoples world wide)

6 - sleeping bag, cleaned a week ago and put back in its sack today

7 - inflatable sleeping mat, tested and ready to be slept on, repair kit for mat in its carry bag

8 - camping pillow, small thingy which sits snugly into the head bit of the sleeping bag, really handy to have

9 - misc sundries i.e. rennie galvascon type stuff / neurophen express (separate from the first aid kits) & berocca & chapstick

10 - multiple large plastic bags, for walking boots to go into at night & rubbish

11 - external battery pack, this needs charging after being away in Spain last week

12 - sun screen, i am happy to be surprised by the sun, i am not happy to get my bald bonce toasted

13 - sh1t i don't need but others that I'm heading with might i.e. pack of johnnies and a couple of lighters. Lighters are great for randomers you end up talking to anyway.

14 - hat and fleece

15 - wash bag, boots still have those travel sized shower gel/toothpaste things and a flannel. 2 x travel towels, small and they do work well and dry really quickly

16 - big fook off moon chair

17 - ice cooler things are in freezer, cooler bags are dusted off and waiting to be filled.

18 - 6 x large bottles of water

19 - metal water bottle to hold bulk of a bottle of Black Bush for night caps. Whiskey from plastic is wrong on many levels, also 2 x camping mugs and good plastic camping knife and spork as I am not a savage

20 - beer is mostly purchased, to be completed.

21 - ear plugs for night time sleepies (2 x pack of three)

22 - breakfast bars for munchies, might get some bananas on way too

23 - 5 x pack of chewing gum

24 - ipod mini for d'radio in early morning with a small cheap speaker

25 - multiple jocks and socks, will probably have a spare clothes in tent but a backup in boot of car along with pair of runners for tired feets on monday morning.
    I'll be heading straight into work (they have showers there) so will need to at least be "respectable" ha!

26 - olympus mju tough camera (need to inform my father that i will be nicking this for weekend)

27 - small satchel for rain gear and other bits in arena.

28 - Ticket and pink moon confirmation print out

29 - cash

30 - small pair of weather proof binoculars

Stuff I am not bringing but usually have
    1 - self respect and dignity, leave these at the front gate, makes the weekend much more fun
    2 - leather man pst - always have it on me, have no interest in seeing it confiscated or worse, lost.

That lot looks like a huge amount but fits into a single large bag for life shopping bag (the tough hessian ones) with the chair and other bits hanging off me on their own straps.
    I intend not going back to the car once I leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

mac demarco does not appear to give a ****, should be good gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

These are great for smuggling booze. And have a screw top so no leaking. Not sure how easy they are to find though because I only ever see them in a petrol station out the road from me. Never saw them anywhere else..

The Capri Sun method is second to only the hip flask down your jocks method

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

threein99 wrote: »
    The Capri Sun method is second to only the hip flask down your jocks method

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smurf666

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the showers?

much hassle?

I use the showers every year! Live by them, the're always lovely and hot the perfect hangover cure! Do bring flip flops though (Standing on the grill's hurts!!!) Also prepare to see a lot of flesh! And if your female get there early, Q's can get pretty bad, never seems to be much of a Q for the lads!

Towels are available to rent/hire and Nivea reps there the last 2 years giving out sachet's of shower gel and moisturiser, if your not bothered bringing your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Mince Pie wrote:
    I was there wearing me hat at 5.15pm. I got a bit delayed with the pitching of the tent.

I was there with family also. Didn't find anyone.
    I can't believe I've not yet seen any 'The site so far pics' yet. Cmon EP. Get the finger out 😎

Husband drives through Stradbally everyday to & from work, he said the other day, he saw four lorry loads of sinks going in. You should see his excitement levels by the day watching stuff going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

Stage Times as just published on the SPIN 1038 website

" The stage times for this weekend's Electric Picnic has just been released:
    Friday
    Main Stage
    18:00-18:45: Ham Sandwich
    19:15-20:15: The Coronas
    20:45-22:00: Grace Jones
    22:30-00:00: Underworld

Body and Soul
    16:15-16:45: Damsel
    17:15-17:45: Joni
    18:15-19:00: New Valley Wolves
    19:30-20:15: Daithi
    20:45-21:15: Simi Crowns
    21:40-22:30: CLU
    23:00-23:45: Bleeding Heart Pigeons
    00:15-01:00: Ho99o9
    01:30-02:15: Vaudou Game
    02:45-03:30: LA Priest

Saturday
    Main Stage
    13:00-14:00: Yurodny
    14:30-15:00: Bry
    15:45-16:45: The Riptide Movement
    17:15-18:15: Future Islands
    19:00-20:00: George Ezra
    20:30-21:30: Hot Chip
    22:00-23:00: Sam Smith
    23:30-01:30: Blur

Body and Soul
    12:00-12:30: Big Jelly
    13:00-13:30: Frankenstein Bolts
    14:00-14:30: Formidable Veg Sound System
    15:00-15:30: Silences
    16:00-16:30: GIRO
    17:00-17:45: Bitch Falcon
    18:15-19:00: I’m Your Vinyl
    19:30-20:10: The Hard Ground
    20:40-21:15: Everything Shook
    21:45-22:45: Meltybrains?
    23:15-00:15: Natalie Prass
    00:45-01:30: Tanya Tagaq
    01:50-02:30: EMBRZ
    03:00-03:45: Shamir

Sunday
    Main Stage
    13:00-14:00: Dublin Gospel Choir
    14:30-15:15: Legend
    15:45-16:45: Jurassic 5
    17:30-18:30: The Boomtown Rats
    19:00-20:00: Interpol
    20:45-20:00: Manic Street Preachers
    22:30-00:00: Florence and the Machine

Body and Soul
    12:00-12:30: The Inishowen Gospel Choir
    13:00-13:30: Shookrah
    14:00-14:30: Rosie Carney
    15:00-15:45: Iron Mountain
    16:15-16:45: Dear Desert
    17:15-18:00: My Tribe Your Tribe
    18:30-19:15: Hayes & Leslie
    19:45-20:30: Plutonic Dust
    21:00-21:45: Buffalo Woman
    22:15-23:00: Young Wonder
    23:45-00:45: Hundred Waters
    01:30-02:30: Puts Marie
    03:00-03:45: Hare Squead "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/exclusive-first-look-at-electric-picnic-2015-stage-times-1.2333790

Some day/stage breakdowns

Friday - Grace Jones, Underworld

Saturday - Hot Chip, Sam Smith, Blur late night, Jon Hopkins in Rankin

Sunday - Interpol, Manics, Flo

Despacio tent is actually the Rankin tent

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Don't think you know much about EP if you think Blur will be on that late.

Some humble pie and a retraction of that comment perhaps 😎. Blur confirmed as closing main stage on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Happy with those times so far. Roll on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Think you missed the Saturday
    Rankin Woods stage, with Despacio

14:15-15:00: We Cut Corners
    15:30-16:00: Declan McKenna
    16:45-17:30: SOAK
    18:00-19:00: The Staves
    19:30-20:30: Battles
    21:30-22:15: Yasiin Bey
    23:00-00:00: Jon Hopkins

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

nmg_ire wrote:
    Rankin Woods stage, with Despacio

Think Spin have that wrong or something. How will Despacio work if there's other acts playing the same tent as them. I'd say Despacio has its own tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

I was really looking forward to Jurassic 5, but 3.45 pm Sunday on the main stage is utter madness.

So we're missing Belle & Sebastian, Tame Impala, My Morning Jacket, Django Django and others - these must be the Electric Arena lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

gandalfio wrote: »
    Some humble pie and a retraction of that comment perhaps 😎. Blur confirmed as closing main stage on Saturday

Absolutely! Surprised by that wouldn't have called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

FrewBrews wrote: »
    Think Spin have that wrong or something. How will Despacio work if there's other acts playing the same tent as them. I'd say Despacio has its own tent.

They have it to themselves on Friday, and it's back to normal business on the two other days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

gandalfio wrote: »

i think his point was that you said Blur would be on at 2am or some such time (can't be bothered to check)

Advertisement