Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's been the policy at every Irish festival I've ever been to that they do not accommodate broadcasting any sporting event

I think that's true of Picnic anyway

Have some great (watching Zizou headbutt that prick Materazzi in glorious sunshine) and some ****e (bottle/can throwing scumbag fest watching the 2010 final) memories of watching the World Cup at Oxegen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Friend of mine threw a pre picnic party on Saturday for the 20+ of us going to EP.
    I'm still a write off, how am i gonna do this for 3 days.

We we're supposed to sort out all the arrangements etc but just got locked instead.

I can't stress this enough. Dioralite, water, vitamin C and paracetamol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

6541 wrote: »
    Anyone know where u could watch the Dublin Mayo match ?

Stradbally village in the pubs .. or maybe some of the posher Campervanners will be watching it .. you could stroll up there and take your chances...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Friend of mine threw a pre picnic party on Saturday for the 20+ of us going to EP.
    I'm still a write off, how am i gonna do this for 3 days.

We we're supposed to sort out all the arrangements etc but just got locked instead.

I can't stress this enough. Dioralite, water, vitamin C and paracetamol.

Well that truly is the Electric Picnic spirit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Rankin Woods stage, with Despacio has to be completely wrong.
    The custom-built, 60,000 watt and vinyl only system has the power potential of Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage, but is geared towards just 1,000 people.
    There’s just the three of us playing from the very beginning ’til the very end, which is usually between seven and eight hours.

http://djmag.com/content/2manydjs-add-third-%E2%80%98despacio-jungle%E2%80%99-london-date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

6541 wrote: »
    Anyone know where u could watch the Dublin Mayo match ?

EP responded to a post on their FB page about the final last week- it will be aired in An Puball Gaeilge on Sunday. Considering the Dub-Mayo match is new news, I'd keep an eye on their page.

EDIT: They have mentioned it- they won't be playing. Sorry Can't link the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niamhish

Question about the showers...

I know they're communal but how communal are they? Are they just one big area or are they stalls? I've never ventured to the showers before. I know I'll need a bikini

Oh, and another question.
    People keep recommending Vitamin C/Berocca. The last time I took a Berocca, I spent the day puking and had to go home from work. I'd like to avoid that this weekend, so is there something else I could take to help with the hangover/tiredness. We have dioralyte, painkillers, Alka-Seltzer, Rennies...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Good start for me with the stage times - have seen Jon Hopkins a few times in last 2 years so will reluctantly skip him this time.

The Hot Chip / Mos Def / Blur / Shamir run on the Saturday night is amazeballs.

Shamir @ 3am in particular has me smiling very very widely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are in one long corridor with showers on both sides , with little fabric dividers between showers - don't expect much privacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It's been the policy at every Irish festival I've ever been to that they do not accommodate broadcasting any sporting event

I watched the Italy France World Cup final on a big screen in the campsite at Oxegen 2006

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2334926.1441011255!/menu/standard/file/Electric%20Picnic%202015_Sitemap-11_PRINT_02.pdf

Site map PDF from the Times. Has Despacio as a standalone tent so it looks like that is wrong in the timetable. Doesn't seem to be much else different to the last few years but I didn't look that closely so feel free to point out what I've missed!

maximoose wrote: »
    They are in one long corridor with showers on both sides , with little fabric dividers between showers - don't expect much privacy

Sounds lovely.

Think I'll chance it. A shower can do the world of good when you're struggling with a hangover!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Synode wrote: »
    I watched the Italy France World Cup final on a big screen in the campsite at Oxegen 2006
    They used to show games in the cinema tent at the Picnic too for a while. I remember watching the Germany Ireland Euro 2008 qualifier there back in 2006. I'm told there was bother after the hurling in 2009 so they stopped screening games.
    They still show the GAA in that small little Irish language tent over in the mind fields area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

niamhish wrote: »
    so is there something else I could take to help with the hangover/tiredness.

More water and less booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Site map PDF from the Times. Has Despacio as a standalone tent so it looks like that is wrong in the timetable. Doesn't seem to be much else different to the last few years but I didn't look that closely so feel free to point out what I've missed!

That looks like last year's map though.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Hi guys,
    Presume there is no problem in getting access to the campervan site if you arrive down on public transport?? Or do you need to arrive in a campervan or else you don't get access band??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

niamhish wrote: »
    People keep recommending Vitamin C/Berocca. The last time I took a Berocca, I spent the day puking and had to go home from work. I'd like to avoid that this weekend, so is there something else I could take to help with the hangover/tiredness. We have dioralyte, painkillers, Alka-Seltzer, Rennies...

Thanks!
    Effects wrote: »

latest?cb=20090720220816

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It does have Despacio & the Eco Campsite in the right place thou, so could be legit.

Mmmm, sounds like an overly complicated plan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

It does have Despacio & the Eco Campsite in the right place thou, so could be legit.

I would imagine it is- they have renamed the pink moon to pink moon and podpads. That's new and unwelcomed.

• Advertisement

Its basically an updated version of last years .. there are the subtle differences that we expected ... look at BYE Eco for example .. also you will see Three have a presence .... also Despacio is there .. the tents have different colours to last year..

Its definitely this year's map.

(hmmm I wonder if Three will ensure that we all have super good LTE for the weekend) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

padjo5 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Presume there is no problem in getting access to the campervan site if you arrive down on public transport?? Or do you need to arrive in a campervan or else you don't get access band??

You can access the campervan site from the general festival site. Wristbands are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

TDrU7v

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would have preferred to have Interpol at night or in the EA , Surprised Battles are in the Rankins would have thought they would be in the EA.

Friday has nothing for me yet at this stage which is good so i can wander around , Saturday will be busy for me while sunday will be up till FATM where ill prob go to the 90's disco ha

Sunday night lineup looks great for going home early!

padjo5 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

In the past you could just stroll in. Isn't it tucked away in the far corner so wouldn't get any passing traffic anyway?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sunday night lineup looks great for going home early!

Same , id nearly go after Manics but will decide later

everlast75 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20090720220816

That looks like family guy. Got a clip to go along with it?

Actually, just read the file name. Buzz Killington eh. People just need to pace themselves. Sorry if common sense doesn't prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Would have preferred to have Interpol at night or in the EA , Surprised Battles are in the Rankins would have thought they would be in the EA.

Friday has nothing for me yet at this stage which is good so i can wander around , Saturday will be busy for me while sunday will be up till FATM where ill prob go to the 90's disco ha

I am going with a gang that don't know battles , hopkins and J5. I have my work cut out convincing them to go to them now.

• Advertisement

Same , id nearly go after Manics but will decide later

Hundred Waters in B&S ... ?

Advertisement