Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

niamhish wrote: »
    People keep recommending Vitamin C/Berocca. The last time I took a Berocca, I spent the day puking and had to go home from work. I'd like to avoid that this weekend, so is there something else I could take to help with the hangover/tiredness. We have dioralyte, painkillers, Alka-Seltzer, Rennies...

Ignore the recommendations. Taking vitamin C or Berocca is of precisely zero benefit when you are hungover. You don't need vitamins, you need water and salts so Dioralyte is the correct thing to take.

Effects wrote: »
    Sunday night lineup looks great for going home early!

Yup, not a FATM fan and I hate the Manics, so here's hoping the Electric Arena lineup is equally crap on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

lbj666 wrote: »
    I am going with a gang that don't know battles , hopkins and J5. I have my work cut out convincing them to go to them now.

Make them a mix tape/playlist. Last time I saw J5 at the picnic they kept saying how great it was to be in Dublin! They were pretty good though. Don't they have a new album out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

pmalone wrote: »
    Is there a bar at Salty Dog?

I am 90% unsure that I had pints up there before ...

Honestly .. serious question ... just a yes or no please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yup, not a FATM fan and I hate the Manics, so here's hoping the Electric Arena lineup is equally crap on Sunday!

What the hell is wrong with you dude. If you want to go home, go home. Don't be wishing crap upon the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 niamhish

Ignore the recommendations. Taking vitamin C or Berocca is of precisely zero benefit when you are hungover. You don't need vitamins, you need water and salts so Dioralyte is the correct thing to take.

:D

We have plenty of water and Dioralyte so fingers crosses I won't be do bad. Since I hit 30, the hangovers take a lot more outta me. I need all the help I can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Not sure what the story is with the times listing 'Rankin Woods featuring Despacio'. I got a crew map from one of the organisers as I'm performing at it over the weekend, Despacio definitely have their own tent separate to RW. My biggest let down so far is having to play during the exact same timeslot as Jurassic 5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Effects wrote: »
    That looks like family guy. Got a clip to go along with it?

Actually, just read the file name. Buzz Killington eh. People just need to pace themselves. Sorry if common sense doesn't prevail.

Ah I know - but its a festival and people do tend to over indulge.

Anyhoo - I keep some lucozade isotonic handy and some chocolate. Also, plenty of food before you hit the hay helps...

Synode wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with you dude. If you want to go home, go home. Don't be wishing crap upon the rest of us

I'm not sure if you're being serious here?

I hope not. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

niamhish wrote: »
    :D

We have plenty of water and Dioralyte so fingers crosses I won't be do bad. Since I hit 30, the hangovers take a lot more outta me. I need all the help I can get!

Stay drunk the entire weekend and deal with it on Tuesday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tame Impala are playing on Sunday, so will presumably be closing the Electric Arena.

presume The War on Drugs and Roisin Muphy will be closing the other nights going by the poster.
    Chvrches, FKA Twigs and Ride subbing if going by poster placement...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

First year staying in the festihuts, does anyone who's stayed there before know are they based in the pink moon campsite or the boutique campsite? Also do they have their own shower section? Cheers

I think the War On Drugs posted to their FB that they will be on Friday evening at about 7PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Honestly .. serious question ... just a yes or no please ?

It's a yes, I think it was new last year but maybe I only noticed it last year as I spent more time there than normal due to being in BYEco camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

mejulie805 wrote:
    I would imagine it is- they have renamed the pink moon to pink moon and podpads. That's new and unwelcomed.

Why so unwelcomed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 niamhish

everlast75 wrote: »
    Stay drunk the entire weekend and deal with it on Tuesday :D

See, this is my kinda plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Why so unwelcomed?

Spent money to be in boutique camping, close to performers site and close to Hendrix where other mates are staying! The introduction of the gate into the arena helps, but overall felt a little jobbed.
    It's not a massive deal, just wish we knew before we booked where we would be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm not sure if you're being serious here?

I hope not. Jesus.

Apologies if you were only messing. Someone said the Sunday lineup looks crap and is an excuse to go home early. You then said "so here's hoping the Electric Arena lineup is equally crap on Sunday!". I read that as you have to/want to leave early too. Anyway, who cares, EP starts on Friday wihoo :D

Cormo87 wrote: »
    First year staying in the festihuts, does anyone who's stayed there before know are they based in the pink moon campsite or the boutique campsite? Also do they have their own shower section? Cheers

in Boutique camping .. it was on the pro map.

I stayed there a few years back .. bloody excellent .. bring your phone charger (not a kettle/hairdryer etc or you will blow a fuse and they won't like you)

Edit: Boutique camping has showers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some stage times announced, weather looking good. I am officially excited.

• Advertisement

OK .. gonna try one more time ...

DOES SALTY DOG HAVE A BAR?

Sorry for shouting .. but I have asked twice already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't think it does

I don't think they do. The Salty Dog is technically outside the festival grounds (just before the security check entrance), so you can bring in cans to it and Trenchtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

Somebody already answered you above.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I vaguely remember some sort of shed contraption selling rum and the like. But don't hold me to that. You can byob to Salty Dog though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ho99o9 after Underworld on Friday. Yes yes y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I don't think they do. The Salty Dog is technically outside the festival grounds (just before the security check entrance), so you can bring in cans to it and Trenchtown.

You mean the arena grounds, not the festival.

Somebody already answered you above.

If they did, I apologise... I missed it .. but it seems no bar.

Trenchtown has a bar marked on the "pro map" btw ..

No matter, get a few tins from the tent and drink til your hearts content. Gonna have to miss some of Underworld in favor of the Redneck Manifesto playing the Salty Dog at 10.30 I reckon. Perfect slot to get going properly on Friday night, without breaking the bank on bar pints too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Speaking of BYOB stages, anyone remember the year Bodytonic had a tent outside the main arena? 2008? Was it in Oscar Wilde? Some great DJs & PAs on in there-Messy, messy business that was!!

Advertisement