Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ignore the recommendations. Taking vitamin C or Berocca is of precisely zero benefit when you are hungover. You don't need vitamins, you need water and salts so Dioralyte is the correct thing to take.

Agree slightly, but the best thing about Berocca is it kinda forces you to drink a pint of water, usually in the morning, which is never a bad thing!! + it has electrolytes as far as I'm aware, it's all about hydration!!
    Wouldnt bother with vitamin tablets, but Berocca dissolved in water is good ****!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

A few hangover tips...

Milk Thistle - get this in tab form, start taking it now. Will help protect your liver and speed up the breakdown of fluids
    Pear Juice - hard to get but these guys do it. Usually at farmers markets and stocked in some shops. Take 200ml on the day before your first drink.
    Dioralyte - take it before and after if you generally don't drink any water
    Nexium - if you have stomach problems or suffer from DTs, you can now get Nexium over-the-counter
    Liquourice Root - old Korean hangover cure, liq root + honey. Get yourself a box of these bad boys and get a cafe in the campsite to give you a cup of hot water. Does provide temporary relief

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

No matter, get a few tins from the tent and drink til your hearts content. Gonna have to miss some of Underworld in favor of the Redneck Manifesto playing the Salty Dog at 10.30 I reckon. Perfect slot to get going properly on Friday night, without breaking the bank on bar pints too.

Only got into Redneck Manifesto recently, really like them. Any idea what to expect at the gig? Any album in particular better than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Their last one Friendship is great! What to expect? Just a killer show of groovy, guitar based instrumental rock. Richie Egan (Jape) is also their frontman/bassist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

pmalone wrote: »
    OK .. gonna try one more time ...

DOES SALTY DOG HAVE A BAR?

Sorry for shouting .. but I have asked twice already.

I would bring cans to the salty dog if going! Wouldn't dream of buying actual pints there, so can't remember if there's a bar? Certainly was a few years back but whether it's still there I do t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

gandalfio wrote: »
    Only got into Redneck Manifesto recently, really like them. Any idea what to expect at the gig? Any album in particular better than others?

I am Brazil is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

This time next week it will nearly be all over and the depression setting in :-(

Woah there Buzz Killington...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Body & Soul Earthsip stage times too:

Friday
    02.30 — 04.00 Wigwam: Shane Linehan
    01.15 — 02.30 Wigwam: Shane Mannion
    00.00 — 01.15 Wigwam: Sol O’Carroll
    23.00 — 23.50 Big Jelly
    22.00 — 22.40 The Rolling Tav Revue
    21.20 — 22.00 Aindrias De Staic and the Latchikos
    20.10 — 20.50 Noelie McDonnell and Band
    19.10 — 19.50 Joe Fury & the Hayride
    18.00 — 18.40 My Fellow Sponges
    16.50 — 17.30 The Whileaways
    16.00 — 16.30 The Berrill Family

Saturday
    02.30 — 04.00 Neil Flynn
    01.00 — 02.30 Donal Dineen
    23.50 — 01.00 Mulljoy (Melodic)
    22.40 — 23.50 PTHM
    22.10 — 22.40 Mal Webb and Kylie Morrigan
    21.00 — 21.45 The Pale
    19.45 — 20.30 Amazing Apples
    18.30 — 19.15 The Witch Trials
    17.15 — 18.00 Anti-One
    15.45 — 16.45 The Louisiana 6
    14.30 — 15.15 Mutefish
    13.15 — 14.00 Mongrel State
    12.00 — 12.45 Stomptown Brass
    11.00 — 12.00 Daire Kelly

Sunday
    00.00 — 04.00 Mother DJs
    22.30 — 00.00 DJ MeK
    21.20 — 22.00 Silences
    20.10 — 20.50 Subplots
    19.00 — 19.40 Staring At Lakes
    17.50 — 18.30 The Clandestinos
    16.40 — 17.20 5th Element
    15.30 — 16.10 Aoife Underwater
    14.20 — 15.00 Hail The Ghost
    13.10 — 13.50 JUPE
    12.00 — 12.40 Buckshot Amber

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anybody have an idea what night Blur are on?

I heard it might be Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Hammer91 wrote: »

Ha you might wanna take a read back of this thread.

Saturday night, main stage 11.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What are the chances of getting a good night's sleep in Pink Moon? Do people actually try to get the head down or are there all night parties there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hammer91 wrote: »

Yeah Saturday from 11.30 - 1:30am.

Really surprised that Underworld aren't closing the main stage on the Saturday night, they would have been perfect for it going based on who EP usually get for that slot.

Timetable is shaping up pretty nicely. Not particularly into Florence but she seems ideal to close on the Sunday, clashing with Le Galaxie & Jackmaster though. What a lovely dilemma to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

room_149 wrote: »
    Speaking of BYOB stages, anyone remember the year Bodytonic had a tent outside the main arena? 2008? Was it in Oscar Wilde? Some great DJs & PAs on in there-Messy, messy business that was!!

yep, there used to be three tents, one small one, one medium and one large main Bodytonic tent. It was hopping alright. I was amazed to see tents pitched within 100 yards of those tents..diehards :)

stevire wrote: »
    A few hangover tips...

Milk Thistle - get this in tab form, start taking it now. Will help protect your liver and speed up the breakdown of fluids
    Pear Juice - hard to get but these guys do it. Usually at farmers markets and stocked in some shops. Take 200ml on the day before your first drink.
    Dioralyte - take it before and after if you generally don't drink any water
    Nexium - if you have stomach problems or suffer from DTs, you can now get Nexium over-the-counter
    Liquourice Root - old Korean hangover cure, liq root + honey. Get yourself a box of these bad boys and get a cafe in the campsite to give you a cup of hot water. Does provide temporary relief

Get High 5 sports hydration tablets, you get it in bike/sports shops tastes way way better than dioralyte you could actually drink them all day. Keep a few on ya during the night and plink half one into a bottle of water and it will help the hangover greatly .

Half lucozade sport/half water works really well too. Coconut water for all the hype and price, will do the job . Its pricey though.

Don't go to bed on an empty stomach.

Get some valerian root to help sleep, it will knock you out for a few hours if you wake up too early and wanna get back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

What are the chances of getting a good night's sleep in Pink Moon? Do people actually try to get the head down or are there all night parties there too?

very good chance of getting sleep. It's a very chilled campsite where people tend to have respect for their neighbours. Typically when you arrive back from the arena people either crash straight away or a few sit out around their tent having a beer and a chat but nothing wild.

It's a world apart from the likes of Wilde, Warhol etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

yep, there used to be three tents, one small one, one medium and one large main Bodytonic tent. It was hopping alright. I was amazed to see tents pitched within 100 yards of those tents..diehards :)

I remember running away from the sh!te that was Sex Pistols all the way up there to catch the start of Modeselektor ... holy sh!t that was good.

Remember the years Neutronix never actually stopped.

Or that tiny teen in oscar wilde that kept going to 8am monday morning in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The one act that would have made me consider doing both EP & the Hurling Final was if Interpol were on Friday or Saturday. That's that then. Galway better ****ing win. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

lbj666 wrote: »
    Get High 5 sports hydration tablets, you get it in bike/sports shops tastes way way better than dioralyte you could actually drink them all day. Keep a few on ya during the night and plink half one into a bottle of water and it will help the hangover greatly .

Half lucozade sport/half water works really well too. Coconut water for all the hype and price, will do the job . Its pricey though.

Don't go to bed on an empty stomach.

Get some valerian root to help sleep, it will knock you out for a few hours if you wake up too early and wanna get back to bed.

Activated Charcoal tablets and a Nakd smoothie!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Activated Charcoal tablets and a Nakd smoothie!

Nakd smoothie has a sh1t load of sugar in it. Great for a festival, maybe not for every day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I remember lucozade did a small black bottle 5 or 6 years ago that had all sorts of mad stuff in it worked wonders. Don't think they make it anymore though

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

lbj666 wrote: »
    Nakd smoothie has a sh1t load of sugar in it. Great for a festival, maybe not for every day though.

Ha yeah I dont know if I've had one since last year! I swear by the charcoal, but it makes taking anything else useless- so it must be the sugar buzz that does it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah Saturday from 11.30 - 1:30am.

Really surprised that Underworld aren't closing the main stage on the Saturday night, they would have been perfect for it going based on who EP usually get for that slot.

Timetable is shaping up pretty nicely. Not particularly into Florence but she seems ideal to close on the Sunday, clashing with Le Galaxie & Jackmaster though. What a lovely dilemma to have!
    wish Jackmaster was somewhere other than the Bacardi bar, but still, should be good
    https://soundcloud.com/nmbrs/jackmaster-mastermix-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Both Apps are ready. Waiting on Apple to approve the iOS one (its been a week so hopefully over the next 24 hours).

I will definitely push the Android app this evening and probably do an update Wednesday (a couple of extra features I want to implement).

Tonight I will put the link for the Android app on this thread.

I'm a bit confused on the Despacio thing though .. although it doesn't really affect the apps.

If you wanna but me a pint, I will be at the meet up at Salty Dog on Friday @ 5, wearing this T-Shirt:

8TXr5kc.jpg

And by 10pm you will have alcohol poisoning :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

When does the Comedy tent line up usually get announced? Does it usually fill out? Hoping to get to see Rubberbandits.

When does the Comedy tent line up usually get announced? Does it usually fill out? Hoping to get to see Rubberbandits.

It will be jammed for rubberbandits and most of the big name later acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Irish Times saying they'll have the times for every act and stage on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Should be announced with the rest of the stage times this week. It can get pretty full but I imagine you won't have any trouble getting into see the rubberbandits, last year they had everyone standing up so that obviously meant more room compared to other comedy acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭deeks

Mixed emotions about Interpol being on the main stage at 7.00 on Sunday. Was hoping they'd be in the Electric Arena but the worry with that was they'd be clashing with Blur so at least that's one clash I don't have to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Long shot question perhaps, but are there are any of you are coeliac or need to stay away from gluten related foods? It's not for me, but my mate who is going has a very strict diet because of these conditions so I thought it'd be nice to see if I could find and recommend some places to eat at EP that serve food catered to such needs?? Even one or two spots, to keep from having to rely on a packed lunch the whole weekend.

Advertisement