Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

foolelle wrote: »
    no I don't think there is anything open on the thursday night. You cant even leave the campervan field. Bring a BBq and a few burgers!

Thanks - thats what i thought alright. its not a very fancy camper but have cooking facilities so will make sure to bring enough food :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

wollycheep wrote: »
    There is a Pamper Parlour in Pink Moon...... what's that?

Where you can use hairdryers/straighteners etc along with getting make up done if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The two sweetest words in the English language right now...

:cool: Variable cloudiness :cool:

Not sure there will be stuff open on Thursday as a previous poster said the vendors usually get going around midday on the Friday but I really don't know myself

Bring some noodles and make use of that camping stove!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fermatstheorem

What's everyone's thoughts on check in? I didn't go down until Saturday last year and obviously it was grand but Body & Soul this year was horrendous on the Friday evening. Will it be better at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Got my list together...

1) Ticket!!!
    2) Cash/ATM card
    3) Pink moon confirmation
    4) Satchel
    5) Tray of Beer / JD?
    6) Camping gear – bed, bag, pillow, Chair
    7) My dancing hat!
    8) Rain gear
    9) Warm Clothes for night time (including ear plugs, eye mask, hat, gloves)
    10) Footwear – boots and runners
    11) Toiletries - Wet wipes, deodorant, aftershave, hair gel, toothbrush & toothpaste, toothpicks/floss, facewash, moisturiser, High 5, travel towels (2), hand sanitizer, loo roll, suncream, aftersun, emulsifier, neurophen, black plastic bags
    12) Clothes – Shorts, flip flops, spare jeans, 4 socks, 4 jocks, tshirts, polo shirts, hoodie, etc
    13) Electrical – phone charger, spare battery, speakers

more as I think of it!

Can't wait to lep around to this belter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

-=al=- wrote: »
    The two sweetest words in the English language right now...

:cool: Variable cloudiness :cool:

Not sure there will be stuff open on Thursday as a previous poster said the vendors usually get going around midday on the Friday but I really don't know myself

Bring some noodles and make use of that camping stove!

There were three stages in Body & Soul in previous years yet it looks like all the artists listed for Body & Soul this year are accounted for on the main stage and Earthship announcements.

Can we take it that there are only those two stages this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's everyone's thoughts on check in? I didn't go down until Saturday last year and obviously it was grand but Body & Soul this year was horrendous on the Friday evening. Will it be better at EP?
    yes,no problems on the Friday at EP in the last few years, and don't remember any problems before that either.
    don't know what the problem was with B&S this year, it was fine in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wollycheep

andreac wrote: »
    Where you can use hairdryers/straighteners etc along with getting make up done if you want.

Do I rent/pay for the use of ones their already or bring my own and they have plugs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

anybody spot any good drink deals around, cans of carlsberg or something for the campsite and vodka for the arena?

Do I rent/pay for the use of ones their already or bring my own and they have plugs etc?

You have to pay to use. Its 10euro for hairdryer/straightener.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pink-Pamper-Hair-Beauty/132852546732988?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Don't think you are allowed to bring your own and plug them in. They provide them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Anyone down there give on up date on what ground conditions are like, we have had a lot of rain in the past few weeks.

I actually don't trust any weather forecast this summer, it just wants to spontaneously piss down when ever it likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Staying in Bohemia camping - is that in the same area as Pink Moon and Festihut? Anyone stayed there before - any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered already, cannot find it if it has in this mega forum of death!

I bought a ticket, hard copy, but the original owner's name is on it. Will this be a problem upon admission?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered already, cannot find it if it has in this mega forum of death!

I bought a ticket, hard copy, but the original owner's name is on it. Will this be a problem upon admission?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

lbj666 wrote: »
    Anyone down there give on up date on what ground conditions are like?
    Press day is tomorrow so I'm sure we'll hear then.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

shouldnt be a problem

donal666 wrote: »
    Staying in Bohemia camping - is that in the same area as Pink Moon and Festihut? Anyone stayed there before - any good?

Id say that's the Boutique camping. Only the Podpads are in with Pink Moon (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

lbj666 wrote: »
    Anyone down there give on up date on what ground conditions are like, we have had a lot of rain in the past few weeks.

I actually don't trust any weather forecast this summer, it just wants to spontaneously piss down when ever it likes.

I remember reading a post a few days ago saying the ground was holding up ok but one of the car parks was a bit iffy

This was a few days ago and not sure what the current status is. Gota bring the wellies anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

Easy Rod wrote: »
    No.

Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

How well do you know the original owner? if it's a mate and they're not gonna diddle you by cancelling it and getting it re-issued then you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wollycheep

andreac wrote: »
    You have to pay to use. Its 10euro for hairdryer/straightener.

Ok, thanks for that. Don't really have any plans to go through the hassle of washing and drying the hair, but its great its their if things get out of hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Jurassic 5 on the main stage 4 o'clock in the afternoon? Fail! Same goes for Hot Chip

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gandalfio wrote: »
    A mate has one of those. How do you distinguish between day and weekend?

It'll be pretty clear on it, weekend of the day its for

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

If I turn up on Saturday will I have much hassle getting a camping space. Also if I take tent down early on Sunday is there anywhere to store it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Mooro wrote: »
    If I turn up on Saturday will I have much hassle getting a camping space. Also if I take tent down early on Sunday is there anywhere to store it?

There will be plenty camping space , but be resigned to the fact that its will be far back. Keep your eyes pealed in the chaplin campsite though.

THere is no where really to store the tent unless you give it to a neighbour , or if you have a car fling it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Mooro wrote: »

God, I don't know if I'd even bother putting a tent up for the 1 night - kip in a car, or wear all your clothes and sit at an all night campfire and pull a 24/36 hour stint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yea go for the roll over tops off buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Jurassic 5 on the main stage 4 o'clock in the afternoon? Fail! Same goes for Hot Chip

I'm delighted with the times of both of them acts. Will be nice to chill out during the day at the main stage and catch Jurrasic 5, similar to the Wailers last year. Hot Chips time is perfect IMO, will be just getting dark and they will be great to get everyone in the mood for Saturday nights shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

I'm delighted with the times of both of them acts. Will be nice to chill out during the day at the main stage and catch Jurrasic 5, similar to the Wailers last year. Hot Chips time is perfect IMO, will be just getting dark and they will be great to get everyone in the mood for Saturday nights shenanigans.

Jurassic 5 should be in a tent, they'll be lost on the main stage. No problem with timing of Hot Chip, but Sam Smith coming on after them will be a serious bring-down.

Advertisement