Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Jurassic 5 should be in a tent, they'll be lost on the main stage. No problem with timing of Hot Chip, but Sam Smith coming on after them will be a serious bring-down.

And George Ezra before Hot Chip - are they trying to give us mood swings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

connundrum wrote: »
    God, I don't know if I'd even bother putting a tent up for the 1 night - kip in a car, or wear all your clothes and sit at an all night campfire and pull a 24/36 hour stint.

Thanks for that. Won't have a car and my days of 36 hour sessions are well behind me :) Will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Jurassic 5 should be in a tent, they'll be lost on the main stage. No problem with timing of Hot Chip, but Sam Smith coming on after them will be a serious bring-down.

I there are very few hip hop acts that pull off main outdoor stages, especially the setups with just mics and turntables. Wu tang were sh1t in 2013. J5 are no different.

If anyone was at Run the Jewels earlier this summer you'll know how great hip hop gigs are a heaving packed tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ok so spoiler alert if anyone dosent want to give blur full set list away, this was the show from Hong Kong this summer, an amazing show can't wait for it. But don't watch if you don't want to spoil the show! Also time for a quick poll, who's gonna draw the biggest crowd over the weekend? Florence or Blur?

everlast75 wrote: »
    And George Ezra before Hot Chip - are they trying to give us mood swings :D

The beer , caffiene , drugs will be doing that by saturday evening anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lbj666 wrote: »
    I there are very few hip hop acts that pull off main outdoor stages, especially the setups with just mics and turntables. Wu tang were sh1t in 2013. J5 are no different.

If anyone was at Run the Jewels earlier this summer you'll know how great hip hop gigs are a heaving packed tent.
    i saw Run The Jewels on an outdoor stage at Glastonbury and they were great.

J5 had no problems there last year either:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Yeah I think it might be ok.

/s

Think J5 will be class ... looking forward to this. I already have a load of clashes and there are still 3 of the main stages to come ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

How well do you know the original owner? if it's a mate and they're not gonna diddle you by cancelling it and getting it re-issued then you are sorted.

Original owner is a good mate so...fingers crossed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

There were three stages in Body & Soul in previous years yet it looks like all the artists listed for Body & Soul this year are accounted for on the main stage and Earthship announcements.

Can we take it that there are only those two stages this year?

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Then you'll be fine, really doesn't matter what name is on the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Friday night is looking excellent. Underworld followed by a great Body & Soul line up with Horror, Voodoo Game, and LA Priest.

Anyone know?

Not 100% sure, but on the map from last week there is a stage called Block T, It looks pretty big on the map. If I remember correctly I think that is where the Upstage was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

FYI Heineken is €30 for 24 cans (500ml) in O Briens at the moment. Handy if you want to use the Heineken Cold Rooms at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Friday and Monday confirmed as off by work.

Oh yeah, giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

pmalone wrote: »
    Not 100% sure, but on the map from last week there is a stage called Block T, It looks pretty big on the map. If I remember correctly I think that is where the Upstage was last year.
    Cheers.

Just had a quick look on bodyandsoul.ie and I think it might be down to two stages.

http://bodyandsoul.ie/music/bodysoul-at-electric-picnic/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hogzy wrote: »
    FYI Heineken is €30 for 24 cans (500ml) in O Briens at the moment. Handy if you want to use the Heineken Cold Rooms at EP

Is that confirmed to be all O'Briens?

Cheers.

Just had a quick look on bodyandsoul.ie and I think it might be down to two stages.

http://bodyandsoul.ie/music/bodysoul-at-electric-picnic/

Ya the map, shows just 2 stages. The will be the smaller stages like the peace pagoda etc. even the looks like there are less smaller stages too this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Some campervan tickets back on Ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

That does look good, but that looks like it was about 9pm in front of a big crowd, could be different at 3.45 with a much smaller crowd...

I'm still looking forward to it but definitely think a tent would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Not sure if this has been posted but it's a corrected stage times list re: Despacio tent/Rankin Woods discussion earlier. http://www.joe.ie/music/the-stages-times-for-electric-picnic-2015-are-here/510152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Just downloaded the official EP I-Phone app.

Map is the image that the Irish times had on their web page. Pretty disappointing considering most have smart phones with GPS!

They appear to have all the acts assigned to a stage and date but without times.
    There are three acts in the electric arena on Friday. See image

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Just downloaded the official EP I-Phone app.

Map is the image that the Irish times had on their web page. Pretty disappointing considering most have smart phones with GPS!

They appear to have all the acts assigned to a stage and date but without times.
    There are three acts in the electric arena on Friday. See image

Just download the android version. Its a bit clunky to find what's on, stages in alphabetical order! ... You can figure out what day acts are on and on what stage, no times confirmed for any stages. Shamir confirmed in LBT on Saturday.

The Map doesn't work at all .. Blank screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Are Salty Dog times out anywhere yet? Not on clash finder. I wonder who the secret sets will be. Stumbled upon Blondie there last year about 2am. They had obviously been boozing and the gig was way better than the main stage one.

To bring some wild speculation back to this thread, I'm gonna guess Saturday could be Future Islands or George Ezra. Sunday probably Boomtown Rats but would love if it was J5! Shane McGowan was rumored but now he's injured so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rather than pulling bits from everywhere, the Times has this

"On Wednesday, we’ll have the full line-ups for every stage and act, exclusively on irishtimes.com/culture"

if i remember correctly, last year the app actually had the times in the source code, but they were hidden until a certain day/time.
    boardsie georgiecasey figured out how to access them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

set the date forward on your phone and try see if they show up :D

Rather than pulling bits from everywhere, the Times has this

"On Wednesday, we’ll have the full line-ups for every stage and act, exclusively on irishtimes.com/culture"
    going on previous years, they won't have the times for loads of the smaller stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shazelle

Does anyone know if I'll be allowed to pitch a totem pole flag as a tent landmark in the Pink Moon campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Seen a lot of people last year with the drink bags/bladders to sneak a bit of drink into the arena.
    Any idea where you can buy them?
    Have looked online but it won't arrive on time for the festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 RosieBeag

Try Great Outdoors, Trespass,any outdoors shop really

quote="JackMcA;96828548"]Seen a lot of people last year with the drink bags/bladders to sneak a bit of drink into the arena.
    Any idea where you can buy them?
    Have looked online but it won't arrive on time for the festival[/quote]

Advertisement