Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Hogzy wrote: »
    FYI Heineken is €30 for 24 cans (500ml) in O Briens at the moment. Handy if you want to use the Heineken Cold Rooms at EP
    Synode wrote: »
    Is that confirmed to be all O'Briens?

Selling for €30 in sandymount anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

tonc76 wrote: »
    Selling for €30 in sandymount anyway :)

I just checked a different one and they had them. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Shazelle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I'll be allowed to pitch a totem pole flag as a tent landmark in the Pink Moon campsite?

Doubt it but all the tents have numbers on them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The War on Drugs, Roisin Murphy, Chvrches and Ride in the Electric Arena on Saturday.
    Tame Impala, FKA Twigs and Villagers there on Sunday.

fairly packing them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I'm very surprised fka twigs isn't on the main stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

The War on Drugs, Roisin Murphy, Chvrches and Ride in the Electric Arena on Saturday.

fairly packing them in!

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

pmalone wrote: »
    Just download the android version. Its a bit clunky to find what's on, stages in alphabetical order! ... You can figure out what day acts are on and on what stage, no times confirmed for any stages. Shamir confirmed in LBT on Saturday.

The Map doesn't work at all .. Blank screen...

Apologies to HausOfTony, I stand corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

As promised, here is the link to my unofficial timetable and map app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic2015

You need to be online the first time you run the app and also to get timetable updates. Once you are on site you can switch into airplane mode and the app will work away

There is also an official app, which you may prefer. The official app has info on all the artists. My app has a way better map and does reminders which the official one does not seem to do.

Timetables:
    As last year, it is using the clashfinder data, so as that fills up so will the app. One caveat here.. if you add an artist to your itinerary or reminders and then that acts name gets changed on the clashfinder, you will probably lose that act from you list.

Maps:
    The map is based on google maps. So you can find where you are on site using GPS. Never get lost again. Of course this will be unreliable in forests or under cover. If you get lost in the forest, I can't guarantee that this help :)

The map does work offline. Although if you want to have the satellite view available on site, then you need to use that a little bit while online. Just zoom in and out around the site and the tiles get cached.

If you click on a stage on the map over the weekend, it will tell you what is on now and what is on next.

Thanks to some of the boardies who helped out making the map on google maps. So thanks to El Director, Fatfrog, ghostdancer and srumball. I don' t know who did what, but it was a lot easier with more hands on deck. That map that was leaked last week was pretty handy too.

I'll be around for most of the evening sporadically, so any questions, fire away.

fairly packing them in!

Are either Tame Impala or FKA twigs clashing with Florence, do you know? It's bad enough Young Wonder are clashing with her, I don't want to have to face a triple dilemma! :(

I'm hoping that, since you mentioned Villagers last, that they're the headliners who'll be clashing with Florence and YW? Not that I dislike Villagers (I would probs go see them if they didn't clash with anyone) but they wouldn't be near the top of my priority list, whereas Tame Impala and twigs most certainly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Apologies to HausOfTony, I stand corrected

Aha no worries. Was just worried about what way I'd be at 3am that I might miss him but will definitely catch him earlier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Lads lads lads...

New Jackson. Wow. Where the hell has this been all my life?!

I love Picnic for these discoveries.

Also, Pablo - stellar job on the app. Have been playing around with the Android version there. Works perfectly so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Aha no worries. Was just worried about what way I'd be at 3am that I might miss him but will definitely catch him earlier

Am much the same myself ... 3 am is not my best hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Are Salty Dog times out anywhere yet? Not on clash finder. I wonder who the secret sets will be. Stumbled upon Blondie there last year about 2am. They had obviously been boozing and the gig was way better than the main stage one.

In all honesty it would have been hard for Blondie to have been worse. It was painful to watch that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Many many thanks PabloandRoy for the fantastic app! :)
    I had the official one last year and it was cat!
    The map isn't working on the app right now but maybe after updating it closer to Friday will be ok :)

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Many many thanks PabloandRoy for the fantastic app! :)
    I had the official one last year and it was cat!
    The map isn't working on the app right now but maybe after updating it closer to Friday will be ok :)

If the map is not working .. try reloading it form the Tools section .. If its still not working send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Just discovered Lapsley. Fantastic.

gandalfio wrote: »
    Source?
    the official app.
    has the day and stage breakdowns, no times yet (other than the ones we already know).

Are either Tame Impala or FKA twigs clashing with Florence, do you know? It's bad enough Young Wonder are clashing with her, I don't want to have to face a triple dilemma! :(

I'm hoping that, since you mentioned Villagers last, that they're the headliners who'll be clashing with Florence and YW? Not that I dislike Villagers (I would probs go see them if they didn't clash with anyone) but they wouldn't be near the top of my priority list, whereas Tame Impala and twigs most certainly are.
    no idea, don't know the times. both Tame Impala and Twigs are higher than Villagers on the poster, so I'd say it's pretty certain that one of them will clash with Florence anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Was just looking at the map.
    How long do people reckon it would take to walk from the front of the Joplin , or Warhol, sites to the main arena? Do you cut through the woods going from Joplin?
    Looking for somewhere with a bit less noise, as we're boring, and the Hendrix site, at a certain hour, can resemble the pit that Bane grew up in

Lads lads lads...

New Jackson. Wow. Where the hell has this been all my life?!

I love Picnic for these discoveries.

Also, Pablo - stellar job on the app. Have been playing around with the Android version there. Works perfectly so far!
    love New Jackson, it's David Kitt's side project (or maybe his main project now with his acoustic stuff being the side project!), and he's gotten great coverage internationally, signed to the same label as John Talabot

• Advertisement

no idea, don't know the times. both Tame Impala and Twigs are higher than Villagers on the poster, so I'd say it's pretty certain that one of them will clash with Florence anyway.

If the running order on the app is correct (and it makes sense), Tame Impala are likely to clash with Florence.

If the running order on the app is correct (and it makes sense), Tame Impala are likely to clash with Florence.
    yeah i'd say Tame Impala are most likely to be closing the stage, they're the biggest anyway.
    not sure if the order is necessarily right through, Roisin Murphy is bottom of the list on Saturday (so first one on the stage), and despite her ludicrously high billing on the poster, I can't see her opening the stage.

Ah ok, thought you might have some inside info! :p Thanks anyway.
    That clash would be a balls though. I have seen Florence live once before though, so I guess I could (reluctantly) live with missing her this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

As promised, here is the link to my unofficial timetable and map app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pablosoft.electricpicnic2015

You need to be online the first time you run the app and also to get timetable updates. Once you are on site you can switch into airplane mode and the app will work away

There is also an official app, which you may prefer. The official app has info on all the artists. My app has a way better map and does reminders which the official one does not seem to do.

Timetables:
    As last year, it is using the clashfinder data, so as that fills up so will the app. One caveat here.. if you add an artist to your itinerary or reminders and then that acts name gets changed on the clashfinder, you will probably lose that act from you list.

Maps:
    The map is based on google maps. So you can find where you are on site using GPS. Never get lost again. Of course this will be unreliable in forests or under cover. If you get lost in the forest, I can't guarantee that this help :)

The map does work offline. Although if you want to have the satellite view available on site, then you need to use that a little bit while online. Just zoom in and out around the site and the tiles get cached.

If you click on a stage on the map over the weekend, it will tell you what is on now and what is on next.

Thanks to some of the boardies who helped out making the map on google maps. So thanks to El Director, Fatfrog, ghostdancer and srumball. I don' t know who did what, but it was a lot easier with more hands on deck. That map that was leaked last week was pretty handy too.

I'll be around for most of the evening sporadically, so any questions, fire away.

Is there a version for iPhone?

love New Jackson, it's David Kitt's side project (or maybe his main project now with his acoustic stuff being the side project!), and he's gotten great coverage internationally, signed to the same label as John Talabot

Loooove John Talabot too.

Had no idea this is what David Kitt was up to now. Kudos to him!! 'Having a Coke with You' is a great track.

What night is he on can anyone remember? I thought I remembered seeing the RBMA stage times coming out but I can't find them now for some reason!!

OK ... there is definitely an issue with the map on the app ... I know what the problem is.

I will need to do an update .. it will take a couple of hours for it to be updated on the store ... will report back when done ..

/hangs head in shame

Loooove John Talabot too.

Had no idea this is what David Kitt was up to now. Kudos to him!! 'Having a Coke with You' is a great track.

What night is he on can anyone remember? I thought I remembered seeing the RBMA stage times coming out but I can't find them now for some reason!!
    someone here said the other day that he was on radio and said that he was playing at 2am Saturday on the RBMA stage in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Great app Pablo. Playing with android version. Very very handy so much appreciated

someone here said the other day that he was on radio and said that he was playing at 2am Saturday on the RBMA stage in the woods.

Cool, thanks. I was hoping for 2am Sunday night, atm I've nothing I want to catch after Florence and the Machine and I always hate ending the last night early!!

• Advertisement

yeah i'd say Tame Impala are most likely to be closing the stage, they're the biggest anyway.
    not sure if the order is necessarily right through, Roisin Murphy is bottom of the list on Saturday (so first one on the stage), and despite her ludicrously high billing on the poster, I can't see her opening the stage.

You have a point.

Advertisement