Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Is there a version for iPhone?

I have one submitted to apple for a week. Still waiting for their approval.

If you have iOS 8.0 or above .. send me a PM and you can do a beta test for me :)

I have submitted an update ... It will probably be about 2 hours by the time it gets on the play store.. If you have auto updates switched on you will get it and the map will work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I'm very surprised fka twigs isn't on the main stage

I'm hoping she isint, think she'd work much better in a tent, sorta disappointed that the manics are on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I'm gutted fka twigs is on sunday. Planning on bringing the kids down on Sunday although as we get closer the idea is wearing thin. We were supposed to bring them for the weekend but that idea was lobbed out of a tenth floor window

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

images.jpeg

Can't find my Mogwai t-shirt...... arrgghh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

someone here said the other day that he was on radio and said that he was playing at 2am Saturday on the RBMA stage in the woods.
    Cool, thanks. I was hoping for 2am Sunday night, atm I've nothing I want to catch after Florence and the Machine and I always hate ending the last night early!!

That was me but the official app has him down for Sunday.

I have submitted an update ... It will probably be about 2 hours by the time it gets on the play store.. If you have auto updates switched on you will get it and the map will work properly.

Update is there. You should be able to update the app and the map should be working.

Sorry for the schoolboy error ... shameful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thanks buddy….looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

My app keeps crashing when I go to open map.
    I uninstalled it and installed it again. Not sure why it's doing that. The rest works fine. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

PAGE 420! To Trenchtown.

The Dodgy Few are my Trenchtown tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

andreac wrote: »
    I uninstalled it and installed it again. Not sure why it's doing that. The rest works fine. Any thoughts?

working fine for me on android

Should also say great job on simple app again that does everything needed and works off line.

I can't see a crash report on my console, so I really don't know. The only way I can make that happen on my devices is if i corrupt the map. You have reinstalled the app so reloading the map from tools probably won't help.

I really don't know, but if you're technically minded, send me a LogCat / stacktrace of when its crashing andI will have a look.

Make sure that Google Maps & Play Services are up to date.

Here are the questions I would ask? It doesn't mean I would figure it out:
    What version of android?
    What device?
    What version of Play Services?
    What version of Google Maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Prob my stupid phone then. I can live without the map as I downloaded that version that was leaked last week so I'm ok for the map. I'd say it's prob my phone doing funny things. I'll have a look in to it a bit further but I'm not very technical When it comes to things like this... lol.

Prob my stupid phone then. I can live without the map as I downloaded that version that was leaked last week so I'm ok for the map. I'd say it's prob my phone doing funny things. I'll have a look in to it a bit further but I'm not very technical When it comes to things like this... lol.

So when it crashes you should get a box saying it crashed... click Report and I should get the crash report

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The War on Drugs, Roisin Murphy, Chvrches and Ride in the Electric Arena on Saturday.
    Tame Impala, FKA Twigs and Villagers there on Sunday.

fairly packing them in!

Delighted if Tame Impala are up against FATM , Interpol-Manics-Tame Impala makes me very happy

This seems to be a galaxy s5 problem .. i saw the crash report and googled it. Seems to be a known google maps problem on S5 in a recent Play Service update...

this seems to be a solution for some people:
    https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=8314
    A solution that worked for some of our customers:
    - install all software updates on device
    - uninstall our application
    - clear data/cache for Google Play
    - clear data/cache for Google Play Services
    - restart the phone

It didn't always work on first try but eventually it solved the issue for many of them.

also this form a google guy 4 days ago
    #104 jfschmak...@google.com
    Quick update: We have identified a more permanent fix that will be rolling out in the next Google Play Services update.
    (Sorry, we don't have an exact timeline, but it will be going out soon.)

In the meantime if you have an affected device, please install the latest available Android platform updates. (A change in the platform from Android 5.0 to 5.0.x fixed this on S5 devices.)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

This seems to be a galaxy s5 problem .. i saw the crash report and googled it. Seems to be a known google maps problem on S5 in a recent Play Service update...

this seems to be a solution for some people:
    Works on my S6 no problem altho I had to uninstalland reinstall it
    And thanks a mil dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Beta on iPhone works prefect. Great job

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

All good here. Samsung S6.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Uninstalled and reinstaled on s5 - seems to be working fine!

• Advertisement

SPIN 1038
    The Irish Air Corp took this pic over Stradbally earlier on ahead of #ElectricPicnic - who's going?

11954828_10153322959154681_6947692619057021495_n.jpg?oh=68538ece95e72963525366bf732fd6c6&oe=567C873C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Madness on BBC - Radio 4 said there playing Ireland on the 5th of September. Surely thats EP? Seem a bit of a big name to be added this late , no?. Wouldve imagined theyd be headlining a night if they were to play.

Anyone know what happened on this front?

Anyone know what happened on this front?

Yea wonder about that too

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Fine job Pablo, I used this app last year definitely made for an enhanced festival experience. Even better this year with maps and that. I reacon you'll have thousands of people using this, maybe 10s of thousands. Take a bow.

Fine job Pablo, I used this app last year definitely made for an enhanced festival experience. Even better this year with maps and that. I reacon you'll have thousands of people using this, maybe 10s of thousands. Take a bow.

Delighted that people find it useful ... Cheers.

for galaxy s5 crashes ..

this worked for andreac

- install all software updates on device
    - uninstall our application
    - clear data/cache for Google Play
    - clear data/cache for Google Play Services
    - restart the phone

It didn't always work on first try but eventually it solved the issue for many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

SPIN 1038

The electric arena is huge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Was just reading this info on ep app. It's says car Parks x and z are for day ticket holders. I was hoping to park there though to be close to pink moon camping. Anyone know if this will be allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Was just reading this info on ep app. It's says car Parks x and z are for day ticket holders. I was hoping to park there though to be close to pink moon camping. Anyone know if this will be allowed

I am pretty certain you can park there also. You can definitely park in green car parks so you will be close to pink moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

if i remember correctly, last year the app actually had the times in the source code, but they were hidden until a certain day/time.
    boardsie georgiecasey figured out how to access them!

jesus you've a good memory! i can barely remember that myself but code is still there.

here's the JSON for this year:
    http://mobanode.mobi/ElectricPicnic2015/feed.php

if you search through, you'll see they have barely have any times themselves for stages we don't know, all TBD. so might as well wait until Wednesday.

they have stages and days if that's still now known. eg here's electric arena
    [Sunday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Tame Impala - TBD
                [1] => FKA twigs - TBD
                [2] => Villagers - TBD
                [3] => Django Django - TBD
                [4] => Jape - TBD
                [5] => Pond - TBD
                [6] => Wyvern Lingo - TBD
            )

[Friday] => Array
            (