Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That line up is very appealing to me, lots of acts I would love to see announced for EP so fingers crossed. I presume we can rule out any of the ones playing Longitude (Chemical Brothers, Jungle, Young Fathers) and then a lot of the acts that played EP last year (Duke Dumont, Annie Mac, Joy O). Would love to see Duran Duran, The Jacksons, Todd Terje, Flight Facilities, Jurrasic Five and would think they all have a decent coming here the week before too, there are a lot of very good DJs on that Bestival line up although from what I can see there usually isn't much crossover between the two festivals in terms of DJs, always feel that apart from the RBMA and the Casa Bacardi there aren't many other stages at EP suitable for DJs to play on.

edit: there are the LBT and Electric Arena but I would think both of them are slightly too big for a couple of DJs on the Bestival bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would like to see at EP:
    Underworld
    Tame Impala
    Flying Lotus
    Jurassic 5
    Jamie xx
    Todd Terje
    Action Bronson
    Madlib
    Four Tet
    Future Islands
    Jackmaster
    Ben UFO
    Flight Facilities
    Erol Alkan
    Benji B/Deviation
    Lapsley
    Boy Better Know
    Dean Blunt

at a guess, i'd imagine Underworld, Future Islands, Tame Impala, Flying Lotus, Todd Terje and Sleaford Mods are all likely anyway.
    too hard to know with the DJs as Bestival usually has a lot more of them and we don't get many as they're elsewhere for EP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I'm only just after getting into Todd Terje recently. He'd be perfect for the festival buzz!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Nostalgia regurgitation and the ever slowly, but surely dying troop of laptop jockeys!

Oh and the Chemical Brother! :)

Must say the only band of be interested in seeing in this list is Tama Impala.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

There are a lot djs/electronic acts on that line up. Would love to see a most of those at ep. Love they the way it's like 50/50 bands and djs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

keithkk16 wrote: »
    There are a lot djs/electronic acts on that line up. Would love to see a most of those at ep. Love they the way it's like 50/50 bands and djs

The beauty of EP, something for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Nostalgia regurgitation and the ever slowly, but surely dying troop of laptop jockeys!

You could say that about pretty much every festival!!!:confused:

Someone doesn't like Djs/electronic acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I guess if white people with guitars is your big thing then that line-up wouldn't appeal. It looks solid enough to me, if a little unadventurous,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Seaaan123

Anyone think there's a chance Beach House might be there?

I'm thinking Florence and the Machine will be there, potentially headlining?

Seaaan123 wrote: »

They're currently working on their album I think so it depends on when they release it and where they begin their tour. I'd love to see Beach House!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Faithless just announced for Opener Festival in Poland. Looks they are gonna tour instead of just playing the London show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wonder if there's any chance of FKA Twigs makin up for her non appearance last year?

I'm thinking Florence and the Machine will be there, potentially headlining?

Yes, odds on in my view, playing Coachella also.

New album out.
    EU dates, UK,Ger etc but none in Ireland.
    Not big enough to do a large park gig.
    Playing Norway, Finland & Sweden just after the EP date.

Be very surprised if Not added.

Flying Lotus is playing Dublin in April, does that mean he won't be back in Ireland for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Seaaan123 wrote: »

Hopefully not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yes, odds on in my view, playing Coachella also.

New album out.
    EU dates, UK,Ger etc but none in Ireland.
    Not big enough to do a large park gig.
    Playing Norway, Finland & Sweden just after the EP date.

Be very surprised if Not added.

Am I not right in thinking she played a sold out gig in Marley/Phoenix Park last time she played in Ireland as well as numerous O2 shows?

I think she's a safe bet for a headliner but given the rumours that she'll top the bill at Glastonbury and her pedigree here, she's plenty big enough to sell out massive park gigs I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Seaaan123

Whosthis wrote: »
    Hopefully not.

Good man

• Advertisement

Flying Lotus is playing Dublin in April, does that mean he won't be back in Ireland for a while?

probably not for a few months, but many acts that play EP have also played the previous Jan/Feb/March/April, especially ones for MCD gigs.

given that he's at Bestival the week after EP, and has played it before, then i'd say there's a good chance he'll play this year.

Am I not right in thinking she played a sold out gig in Marley/Phoenix Park last time she played in Ireland as well as numerous O2 shows?

I think she's a safe bet for a headliner but given the rumours that she'll top the bill at Glastonbury and her pedigree here, she's plenty big enough to sell out massive park gigs I'd say.
    she supported Snow Patrol in the Phoenix Park a few years ago, don't think she played her own gig there.

don't know if she'd be too big for EP now, she's headlining several bigger festivals than EP this summer already.....

I think she supported? Yea for sure she can fill the O2/Three arena, I reckon she's on the verge of big shows in Ireland but just not a dead set sell out yet.

Going by last years headliners imo I can't really see her headlining. Could see her on the line-up though.

er, going by last year's headliners, she's 100% a headliner if she plays. way bigger than Portishead, Beck and Outkast.

er, going by last year's headliners, she's 100% a headliner if she plays. way bigger than Portishead, Beck and Outkast.

Bigger than Beck and Outkast? Are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Think I saw the Gorillaz are coming back together today, would they be a decent shout for a headliner or is that me going totally crazy?

If Gorillaz get announced I will eat my hat!! Dammit I'll eat all of your hats!

That would be a dream...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea can either see FATM doing a Kilmainham show or doing EP.Could see her either headlining or getting a Foals type slot.
    Might be a long shot but would love to see Faith No More to play.

Think if they go for the "commercial " type headliner like they have done the last few years (FBS/Arctic Monkeys etc) i can see Kasabian getting that type of headline slot (well i could be a bit biased and hopeful :) ). or FATM being bumped up to headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How come tickets aren't available on ticketmaster for this? Is it still possible to buy via the installment plan?

• Advertisement

Bigger than Beck and Outkast? Are you serious?
    yes, in the UK/Ireland she's definitely more popular than them, Beck especially.
    he'd play the Olympia here or maybe a curtained-off O2.
    she sold out the O2 last time and would easily do it again.

in the UK her's has gone Platinum (over 300k), Beck's hasn't even broken silver yet (60k). and incidentally her last album sold 1m in the US, Beck's sold 300k.

every time she releases a single it's played all over the radio. Blue Moon was the first Beck single that has gotten played in about a decade, and of about 40 singles over 2 decades, there's about 4 of them that actually get played occasionally.

Advertisement