Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The Electric Arena has a serious line up this year. Not all acts that I would be into but the Saturday & Sunday are wedged with great acts. Really hope Chrvches don't clash with Hot Chip. Will Roisin Murphy headline the EA on Saturday night? She has been fairly hyped up by the organizers this year, love a lot of her older stuff and stuff with Moloko but wasn't a massive fan of her new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

jesus you've a good memory! i can barely remember that myself but code is still there.

here's the JSON for this year:
    http://mobanode.mobi/ElectricPicnic2015/feed.php

if you search through, you'll see they have barely have any times themselves for stages we don't know, all TBD. so might as well wait until Wednesday.

they have stages and days if that's still now known. eg here's electric arena
    [Sunday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Tame Impala - TBD
                [1] => FKA twigs - TBD
                [2] => Villagers - TBD
                [3] => Django Django - TBD
                [4] => Jape - TBD
                [5] => Pond - TBD
                [6] => Wyvern Lingo - TBD
            )

[Friday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Belle and Sebastian - TBD
                [1] => My Morning Jacket - TBD
                [2] => Dawes - TBD
            )

[Saturday] => Array
            (
                [0] => The War On Drugs - TBD
                [1] => Chvrches  - TBD
                [2] => Ride - TBD
                [3] => Mac DeMarco - TBD
                [4] => Printer Clips - TBD
                [5] => Little Hours - TBD
                [6] => Race The Flux - TBD
                [7] => Róisín Murphy - TBD
            )

There's still quite a lot of acts missing like Alvvays, girlpool, circa waves etc. I guess they'll probably be on earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    There's still quite a lot of acts missing like Alvvays, girlpool, circa waves etc. I guess they'll probably be on earlier in the day.

Did you look at the JSON, they're all there but not in Electric Arena
    Little Big Tent 
    [Sunday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Julio Bashmore - TBD
                [1] => Mano Le Tough - TBD
                [2] => Son Lux - TBD
                [3] => Låpsley - TBD
                [4] => Jack Garratt - TBD
                [5] => Girlpool - TBD
                [6] => Fickle Friends - TBD
                [7] => Otherkin - TBD
            )

[Saturday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Shamir - TBD
                [1] => Ben Khan - TBD
                [2] => Kwabs - TBD
                [3] => Shura - TBD
                [4] => Honne - TBD
                [5] => Aquilo - TBD
                [6] => Kwamie Liv - TBD
                [7] => Joni - TBD
                [8] => Tourist - TBD
                [9] => The 2 Bears - TBD
            )

Cosby Stage 
    [Saturday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Low - TBD
                [1] => Parquet Courts - TBD
                [2] => Circa Waves - TBD
                [3] => Marika Hackman - TBD
                [4] => Hinds - TBD
                [5] => Alvvays - TBD
                [6] => The Lost Brothers - TBD
                [7] => Heroes In Hiding - TBD
            )

[Sunday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Girl Band - TBD
                [1] => Metz - TBD
                [2] => Viet Cong - TBD
                [3] => Fat White Family - TBD
                [4] => Benjamin Clementine - TBD
                [5] => Dermot Kennedy - TBD
            )

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Am almost hallucinating from lack of sleep, 3 hours of it and back at my desk since 4am this morning but the upside is the week is going to fly by until Friday. Been in the office since 4am, making myself look busy but really, I am doing my EP spreadsheet, checking out the new app and pratting about with my festival playlist on Spotify

Also, its feckin 35 degrees here so getting an early start on the farmers tan for picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

The War On Drugs and Blur are going to clash, aren't they :(

Pack warm for the nights lads, was camping over the weekend and the nights were cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Was just reading this info on ep app. It's says car Parks x and z are for day ticket holders. I was hoping to park there though to be close to pink moon camping. Anyone know if this will be allowed

don't worry about it, that message is aimed at day trippers, you'll be fine heading into Z on Friday, that's what I'm doing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

From Met Eireann... 'Weekend: Temperatures will improve slightly, with maximum daytime values of 15 to 18 Celsius, highest in the south and southeast. It will be mainly dry, with some sunny spells, but some cloud also, with a slight chance of an isolated light shower. Light to moderate north to northwest winds on Saturday will become
    light variable by Sunday. '

that's pretty much as good as it gets - no rain and no roasting hot sun at 7am! enjoy!

on the downside, don't mind blur, it looks like The War On Drugs and Low will be clashing saturday night.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Looks like I'll save on wellies, though I'll wait for the weather forecast on Thrusday.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

This is pro ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Looks like I'll save on wellies, though I'll wait for the weather forecast on Thrusday.

personally I'd always bring wellies to a festival in Ireland. It's a bonus if they end up not being used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A little panicked that the War on Drugs and Blur are going to clash now...

C'mon Picnic. Put me out of my misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Orlabee123

Can someone tell me what to look up on the app store to find Pablo's app?
    Can't seem to find anything but the official one, and don't seem to be able to download via the link... (sorry - am computer illiterate)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

'Electric Picnic' should be enough; you'll see his name on it as the dev. Apple or Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Looking to buy two weekend tickets and have seen quite a few on Adverts for just above face value. Is there a way to tell if the tickets are real or fake? I heard on the radio that a lot of fakes are going around.

Thanks mejulie - Apple. All an Electric Picnic search throws up for me is the official app and something for entertainment.ie

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Looking to buy two weekend tickets and have seen quite a few on Adverts for just above face value. Is there a way to tell if the tickets are real or fake? I heard on the radio that a lot of fakes are going around.

Tickets on Getmein.com are genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Check that's its a hard copy ticket, I wouldn't accept an e-mail version. Meet at the sellers house.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Did he not say it hadn't been signed off by Apple yet, so only beta version available to those who asked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Check that's its a hard copy ticket, I wouldn't accept an e-mail version. Meet at the sellers house.

Is there a way to ask Ticketmaster if a ticket has already been cancelled? Because if there is, I'd do it.

I doubt anyone selling would want to meet a buyer at their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

My friend had a spare ticket going, so jumped on the offer and another friend had a spare seat in his car (Payment of Heineken). Never been to the Picnic before, so am super excited! :D:D

Did the Pennys/Tesco shop last night - €4 pillows :o fleecey pyjamas, hand sanitiser, baby and facial wipes and USB battery charging thing for the phone.

Seen Blur in Hyde Park during the Summer - unreal! :) Been binging on some of the other bands, that I may not have known, they all sound pretty amazing, so shall be a helluva good weekend :D:D

Just downloaded the App - it looks great :D
    My brain started playing tricks on me and I woke up thinking it was Friday >.<; :o

• Advertisement

Aha! That's the problem - I can't read ;-)

Thanks Alastair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Ruxjit wrote: »
    Tickets on Getmein.com are genuine.

Just checked Getmein. 2 weekend tickets are going for £650 sterling! Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

There is no email versions - all tickets were sent out by post. So no actual ticket ... don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

alastair wrote: »
    Did he not say it hadn't been signed off by Apple yet, so only beta version available to those who asked?

Whoops- actually that sounds right. Usual apple head using an android this week so didn't think!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Thanks for the App Pablo, Epic work!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

That Natalie Prass & Blur clash is a killer! Blur will put on a brilliant performance as ever but really into Natalie Prass at the minute, damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Am almost hallucinating from lack of sleep, 3 hours of it and back at my desk since 4am this morning but the upside is the week is going to fly by until Friday. Been in the office since 4am, making myself look busy but really, I am doing my EP spreadsheet, checking out the new app and pratting about with my festival playlist on Spotify

Also, its feckin 35 degrees here so getting an early start on the farmers tan for picnic.

That's a seriously warm office

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When are the Electric Arena stage times to be published?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

When are the Electric Arena stage times to be published?

The full stage times will be up tomorrow apparently

• Advertisement

Just checked Getmein. 2 weekend tickets are going for £650 sterling! Christ!

They are £550

Advertisement