Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Newstalk will be in Mindfield and will apparently be showing the football, the hurling, and the Ireland match on Fri for those that are bothered

What about the bleedin rugby 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone know how big the Despacio tent is? I could see it getting a big crowd on Friday. The Electric arena tent was rammed last year on Friday night for James Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Newstalk will be in Mindfield and will apparently be showing the football, the hurling, and the Ireland match on Fri for those that are bothered

http://www.newstalk.com/Come-join-us-in-the-Newstalk-Lounge-at-Electric-Picnic

Will they allow people to watch? Or just to watch the guys commentating on it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

stevire wrote: »
    Will they allow people to watch? Or just to watch the guys commentating on it??

if you can fit into the tent I'd say you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Anyone know how big the Despacio tent is? I could see it getting a big crowd on Friday. The Electric arena tent was rammed last year on Friday night for James Murphy.

Not sure it will be very big, probably as big as Cosby was.
    I think people will just come and go as it goes on for 6 hours each night. Cant see it being jointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/online-licence-now-open

here you go, pre order then pay on pick up but in fairness you can buy as you go

I think you can just bring down your own Heineken and leave it in the Heineken cool rooms, it's separate to the off licence. They'll only chill Heineken for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Grace Jones to start the weekend properly .
    What odds gig of the weekend is on day 1 -that's where my money is .:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

don't remember that red and blue tent being slap bang in the middle of that waking area before, is it new?

the map has the Beer Frontier, "Dance Days", Sure Refresh Zone and a 3 Charging area around there according to the icons on the map....
    the Electric Sideshow is on the map too, but i thought it was more towards the Trailer Park area?

That photo is pointing towards the paint ball entrance, and that's the Jerry Fish tent.

Wasn't there last year obviously, I think they've moved it over to open up the entrance at the salty dog which was closed previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Getting down early on Friday morning unlike previous years where it has been later in evening .
    Thus more choice where to park up .
    So any advice on where the best spots to pick are ?

Safe travels to all going .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

(Apparently) Despacio is the same tent that was Little Big Tent last year.

Also (apparently) Little Big Tent is bigger this year ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Judging from the survey map someone posted on here earlier it's around the same diameter as the little big tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Not sure it will be very big, probably as big as Cosby was.
    I think people will just come and go as it goes on for 6 hours each night. Cant see it being jointed.

I was reading about Despacio at Glastonbury and they had queues up the side of the tent. Unlikely to happen at ep as there isn't as many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 t.kc

can i have pm 2?

Could I also get a PM PLEASEEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

does pm stand for pie minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,310 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

EP nube here. I bought tickets because the missus really wants to go but I'm nervous because i hate the idea of festivals.

I don't like crowds and loud noise for prolonged periods of time. I'm pretty anxious about the weekend so does anyone know where is likely to be quiet? I'm looking for somewhere to go so I'm not surrounded by people and noise. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

EP nube here. I bought tickets because the missus really wants to go but I'm nervous because i hate the idea of festivals.

I don't like crowds and loud noise for prolonged periods of time. I'm pretty anxious about the weekend so does anyone know where is likely to be quiet? I'm looking for somewhere to go so I'm not surrounded by people and noise. Any suggestions?

Think Mayo will rather empty this weekend, that your best bet, there is nowhere quiet in EP. Get a few drinks on board, through in a pair or ear plugs, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

not being smart but either the carpark or your own tent. there'll be a lot of people everywhere.. you could try the mindfield area with the literary tent etc or the comedy tent where there is still a crowd but it's not crowded outside of the bigger comedians (in terms of crowd draw not weight)

It depends how bad you are but the only place where it's really very crowded is in the performance tents and the main stage everywhere else would be the same kind of crowds you would see day to day in a city.

get ear plugs if you don't like loud noises too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Head for the forest :P

But not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Few yokes....be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The circus tent straight before/after a performance or at night can offer a breather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Few yokes....be grand

hey, that's my line!! I will lend it to you for the price of 1 yoke :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

hey, that's my line!! I will lend it to you for the price of 1 yoke :eek:

It's a deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Mindfield , body and soul has spots to chill out. Camp in Joplin , its will be the quietest.

There will be a constant noise from some stage somewhere but it doesn't have to be deafening. Things are fairly well spread out.

For all the talk about how great the line up is , there will be plenty times where tents will only be half full for acts and not jammers at all.

That said the car will be the best place for peace the whole weekend.

There is no shame in wearing ear plugs, you can actually hear bands clearer and it cuts out a lot of the noise. Plenty seasoned gig goers do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Delighted that the Ireland match is on in the mindfield, hopefully no major clashes for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Delighted that the Ireland match is on in the mindfield, hopefully no major clashes for that one.

where you read this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Get a decent set of ear plugs like these. http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACS-ER20-Musicians-Earplugs-White/dp/B000UJ8RHE

There will be quiet areas all over the place but there will be a lot of crowds and a lot of knobs. Camping will probably be a big issue if you get anxious and you should try and use the quiet camping area. Have you thought about getting a prescription from your doctor for something that might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I was assuming that the irish speaking place would show Dublin vs Mayo was going to head there after some of Jurassic 5, but seems that plan is out the window! for anyone who has done it before how long is the walk to a pub that will show it in stradbally?

Downloaded the offical App, I assumed that when i pressed the heart/favourite button beside an act it would put them into some sort of list for me but doesn't appear to actually do anything, unless it just gives me a notification on the day when they are about to start?? in that case not great for planning

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Try the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Effects wrote: »

have two pairs of those, not forgetting them this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

srm23 wrote: »
    I was assuming that the irish speaking place would show Dublin vs Mayo was going to head there after some of Jurassic 5, but seems that plan is out the window! for anyone who has done it before how long is the walk to a pub that will show it in stradbally?

Downloaded the offical App, I assumed that when i pressed the heart/favourite button beside an act it would put them into some sort of list for me but doesn't appear to actually do anything, unless it just gives me a notification on the day when they are about to start?? in that case not great for planning

Walk out the paintball entrance,about 20minutes.

Advertisement