Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

srm23 wrote: »
    I was assuming that the irish speaking place would show Dublin vs Mayo was going to head there after some of Jurassic 5, but seems that plan is out the window! for anyone who has done it before how long is the walk to a pub that will show it in stradbally?

Downloaded the offical App, I assumed that when i pressed the heart/favourite button beside an act it would put them into some sort of list for me but doesn't appear to actually do anything, unless it just gives me a notification on the day when they are about to start?? in that case not great for planning

It does, click the person with the heart at the top right of the screen when you are in line up...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I was assuming that the irish speaking place would show Dublin vs Mayo was going to head there after some of Jurassic 5, but seems that plan is out the window! for anyone who has done it before how long is the walk to a pub that will show it in stradbally?

Downloaded the offical App, I assumed that when i pressed the heart/favourite button beside an act it would put them into some sort of list for me but doesn't appear to actually do anything, unless it just gives me a notification on the day when they are about to start?? in that case not great for planning

Download pablos ep app

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

PM sent.

Any chance of a PM too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

where you read this?

was announced for the newstalk tent.

http://www.newstalk.com/Come-join-us-in-the-Newstalk-Lounge-at-Electric-Picnic

they're only showing the football, football and hurling. nay oval ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 t.kc

I'm coming from cork and stayin in pink moon and need to park in car park Z OR Y- am I best exit the m8 at portlaoise and try head for the n80 for stradbally? I went last year through abbeyleix and ended up in car park a which was a good trek through main entrance and into pink moon!!

I'm hoping car park z is close to paint ball entrance. Can't wait now- ceili all stars 1-2 each day in Jerry fish stage.if u like Irish tunes these lads are class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

EP nube here. I bought tickets because the missus really wants to go but I'm nervous because i hate the idea of festivals.

I don't like crowds and loud noise for prolonged periods of time. I'm pretty anxious about the weekend so does anyone know where is likely to be quiet? I'm looking for somewhere to go so I'm not surrounded by people and noise. Any suggestions?
    main tents and areas are decently spread out, so you'll usually find plenty of places with lots of space. there's always be noise given that there's stages everywhere, but nothing deafening or anything, just background noise.
    there's usually lots of space and quiet enough down towards the Electric Arena/Comedy Stage/Mindfield areas. the Greencrafts area is usually pretty quiet too.
    the busiest areas will be the Main Stage (although you can keep to the edges), and the RBMA stage in the woods at night, which will be wedged after midnight.
    as mentioned, camping in the Joplin campsite will probably be the quietest. don't camp in the Jimi Hendrix or Oscar Wilde campsites as they'll be pretty busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tigerjames

What time do the car parks open at? I know gates are at 9 but I think we might be down there before 9

• Registered Users Posts: 20,304 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Camp in Joplin, bring earplugs, chill out areas in body and soul, mindfield, head to tents just after an event finishes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to be able to smile and pretend I'm having a good time if herself asks. Some time to myself might just save the day (3 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

main tents and areas are decently spread out, so you'll usually find plenty of places with lots of space. there's always be noise given that there's stages everywhere, but nothing deafening or anything, just background noise.
    there's usually lots of space and quiet enough down towards the Electric Arena/Comedy Stage/Mindfield areas. the Greencrafts area is usually pretty quiet too.
    the busiest areas will be the Main Stage (although you can keep to the edges), and the RBMA stage in the woods at night, which will be wedged after midnight.
    as mentioned, camping in the Joplin campsite will probably be the quietest. don't camp in the Jimi Hendrix or Oscar Wilde campsites as they'll be pretty busy.

I would suggest camping in Charlie Chaplin

Does anyone know where abouts on site Kinara Kitchen is gonna be located?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If I remember correctly last year they were nearly directly opposite the entrance to Mindfields but they could be put anywhere. The food places are normally in a big 'strip' back-to-back in the middle of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Wow The Cosby Stage looks fooking unreal. Is there times on those yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Will the Gaa be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

How many artists will folks be hoping to see? Suppose it depends on clashes :/ Wish O Emperor were on earlier absolutely love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

wacotaco wrote: »
    Will the Gaa be shown?

Think the hurling is being shown on An Pobail Gaeilge, not sure about the football!

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    If I remember correctly last year they were nearly directly opposite the entrance to Mindfields but they could be put anywhere. The food places are normally in a big 'strip' back-to-back in the middle of the site.

Cheers I'm aware of their location was just wondering if anyone knew where specifically on site Kinvara is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

At last the iPhone app is approved by Apple:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/electric-picnic-2015/id1033102236?ls=1&mt=8

You need to be online the first time you run the app and also to get timetable updates. Once you are on site you can switch into airplane mode and the app will work away

There is also an official app, which you may prefer. The official app has info on all the artists. My app has a way better map and does reminders which the official one does not seem to do.

Timetables:
    It uses the clashfinder data, so as that fills up so will the app. The app will automatically download updates to the timetable so you should not have to do anything.

Maps:
    The map is based on google maps. So you can find where you are on site using GPS. Never get lost again. Of course this will be unreliable in forests or under cover. If you get lost in the forest, I can't guarantee that this help

The map does work offline. Although if you want to have the satellite view available on site, then you need to use that a little bit while online. Just zoom in and out around the site and the tiles get cached.

Thanks to some of the boardies who helped out making the map on google maps. So thanks to El Director, Fatfrog, ghostdancer and srumball. I don' t know who did what, but it was a lot easier with more hands on deck. That map that was leaked last week was pretty handy too.

NOTE: I have seen one bug at least in this ... Sometimes when you add an act to your itinerary or reminders, it doesn't appear straight away. When you add another act, then the first one will appear It is in the data and you will still get the reminder. I don't know why it is happening and even if i did I won't get to fix it.

Also this app is not as robust or as well tested as the Android version ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Just curious, if I placed an order for 3 x 8 Heineken cans in the off licence do we have to pick them up all in one go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just remembered I'm on the US app store :{

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

frantic190 wrote: »
    Just curious, if I placed an order for 3 x 8 Heineken cans in the off licence do we have to pick them up all in one go?

Don't think so!

P.S: Why did you go for 3x8 for €60 when a crate of 24 is only €50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

lbj666 wrote:
    Be sure to bring em into despacio for the craic.

That I am looking forward to. Oh definitely be in there for a while.

The year artic monkeys were on main stage, can anyone remember the name of band in electric arena? It was audio\visual art, completely and utterly stark raving mad. The band was fantastic.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    That I am looking forward to. Oh definitely be in there for a while.

The year artic monkeys were on main stage, can anyone remember the name of band in electric arena? It was audio\visual art, completely and utterly stark raving mad. The band was fantastic.

That was The Knife, I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RifleSmile

Hi Guys

Stupid question but when you park up in Red - do you have a choice on which campsite you can go to or is it done dependent on arrival time? We want to camp in Joplin and will be pitching a tent for mates who won't arrive until Friday about 7pm

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

RifleSmile wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Stupid question but when you park up in Red - do you have a choice on which campsite you can go to or is it done dependent on arrival time? We want to camp in Joplin and will be pitching a tent for mates who won't arrive until Friday about 7pm

Cheers
    You can camp where you like. Doesn't matter. Your choice where you camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone where I can get a load of chewing gum for cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PerryGroves7

At last the iPhone app is approved by Apple

You need to be online the first time you run the app and also to get timetable updates. Once you are on site you can switch into airplane mode and the app will work away

There is also an official app, which you may prefer. The official app has info on all the artists. My app has a way better map and does reminders which the official one does not seem to do.

Timetables:
    It uses the clashfinder data, so as that fills up so will the app. The app will automatically download updates to the timetable so you should not have to do anything.

Maps:
    The map is based on google maps. So you can find where you are on site using GPS. Never get lost again. Of course this will be unreliable in forests or under cover. If you get lost in the forest, I can't guarantee that this help

The map does work offline. Although if you want to have the satellite view available on site, then you need to use that a little bit while online. Just zoom in and out around the site and the tiles get cached.

Thanks to some of the boardies who helped out making the map on google maps. So thanks to El Director, Fatfrog, ghostdancer and srumball. I don' t know who did what, but it was a lot easier with more hands on deck. That map that was leaked last week was pretty handy too.

NOTE: I have seen one bug at least in this ... Sometimes when you add an act to your itinerary or reminders, it doesn't appear straight away. When you add another act, then the first one will appear It is in the data and you will still get the reminder. I don't know why it is happening and even if i did I won't get to fix it.

Also this app is not as robust or as well tested as the Android version ..

Class, just downloaded this and it is gonna make my life a LOT easier, especially trying to find my way back to the campervan! (My sense of direction often fails me in the early hours!)
    Thanks a million for this Pablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

RifleSmile wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Cheers

Walk through the woods and turn right into joplin.It shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone where I can get a load of chewing gum for cheap?

Lidl/Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Don't think so!

P.S: Why did you go for 3x8 for €60 when a crate of 24 is only €50?

because they are cold and you don't have to lug them around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aspireto

Hi,
    Have family camping, am planning on setting up the tent early Friday and then going back to collect the gang.

Am I allowed into family camping without a child to put up the tent.

Thanks,

Advertisement