Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Can anyone remember/know if they take bottles of water off you on the way into the arena or just take the caps off them?? Strange question I know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

If you are staying in the pink moon can you get your electric picnic wrist band at the paintball entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭fungie

Hi

I am out of the loop with buying crates these days, is their off-licence price of 24 for 50 competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

fungie wrote: »
    Hi

I am out of the loop with buying crates these days, is their off-licence price of 24 for 50 competitive?

No where near it. They have 24 in o briens off-licences for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Hi

For Orchard Thieves it certainly is competitive - I priced a case of 24 cans with a wholesaler today and it was €39 so to pay just €11 more for cold cans onsite seems good value to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hi

No.

If you live near an O'Briens off-licence, you'll get 24 cans of Carlsberg or Heineken for €30. Tesco was €36 ish when I checked, might be cheaper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Bowlardo wrote: »
    If you are staying in the pink moon can you get your electric picnic wrist band at the paintball entrance?

Yup, mentioned a few pages back. Staying there too, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Hi

It's convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hi

It doesn't need to be competitive, you pay more for less hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Ep on the rte news now at 9...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Just booked a box from Giglocker. They are a little sketchy on details. Anyone know roughly the size of their storage boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sp1997372

It says on IrishTimes.com - 'On Wednesday, we’ll have the full line-ups for every stage and act, exclusively on irishtimes.com/culture'.
    Reckon this means new acts being announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

For Orchard Thieves it certainly is competitive - I priced a case of 24 cans with a wholesaler today and it was €39 so to pay just €11 more for cold cans onsite seems good value to me :)[/quote

But orchard thieves is rank. Bought 24 Bulmers for 35 in o brien earlier even though it says 8 for 13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Do we know what day Tame Impala are playing?

Down as Sunday on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Sunday

Worst clashes ever on the Sunday night.
    Florence, Young Wonder, The Strypes, Le Galaxie already clash, hope Tame Impala aren't added to that list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bowlardo wrote: »

yes, the paintball entrance is a general entrance, like every other entrance. Once you get your wristband for EP at the paintball entrance you follow the signs for Pink Moon, a 5 min walk and then you must present your booking details at check-in and they will issue you with a Pink Moon wristband. Then it's dump bags, check out your digs, crack open a can...you know the rest..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

declanleo wrote: »
    For Orchard Thieves it certainly is competitive - I priced a case of 24 cans with a wholesaler today and it was €39 so to pay just €11 more for cold cans onsite seems good value to me :)[/quote

But orchard thieves is rank. Bought 24 Bulmers for 35 in o brien earlier even though it says 8 for 13
    Orchard thieves is delicious! ! I much prefer it over Bulmers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I wonder who's playing the little big tent then? Or did I miss that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

sp1997372 wrote: »
    It says on IrishTimes.com - 'On Wednesday, we’ll have the full line-ups for every stage and act, exclusively on irishtimes.com/culture'.
    Reckon this means new acts being announced?

Ya everything should be out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A.Gorilla wrote: »

we're all wondering...full times and venues to be announced tomorrow. Check out the Irish Times and the EP website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

just checked MT Craniums forecast, touches of ground frost. Best pack blankies and thermals. Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mince Pie wrote: »
    just checked MT Craniums forecast, touches of ground frost. Best pack blankies and thermals. Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wouldn't mind that, being too cold is better than being too hot.
    You can always add layers but there's a limit to what you can take off!!

So long as it stays dry is the main thing. Though going by the past couple of days that may be wishful thinking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Wouldn't mind that, being too cold is better than being too hot.
    You can always add layers but there's a limit to what you can take off!!

So long as it stays dry is the main thing. Though going by the past couple of days that may be wishful thinking. :(

Mt says it's gonna be dry so I'm leaving da wet gear at home and replaced by extra layers for evening goings-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

so what is the advantage with buying the slabs for 50 onsite?... can they brought into the grounds ?... i dont see any reason to pay extra just because they are cold... i dont mind lugging them from my car to campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tigerjames

staying in a squirt this year in the boutique camping, anyone else staying there or any info on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

A.Gorilla wrote: »

user georgiecasie pulled this form the official app:
    Little Big Tent 
    [Sunday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Julio Bashmore - TBD
                [1] => Mano Le Tough - TBD
                [2] => Son Lux - TBD
                [3] => Låpsley - TBD
                [4] => Jack Garratt - TBD
                [5] => Girlpool - TBD
                [6] => Fickle Friends - TBD
                [7] => Otherkin - TBD
            )

[Saturday] => Array
            (
                [0] => Shamir - TBD
                [1] => Ben Khan - TBD
                [2] => Kwabs - TBD
                [3] => Shura - TBD
                [4] => Honne - TBD
                [5] => Aquilo - TBD
                [6] => Kwamie Liv - TBD
                [7] => Joni - TBD
                [8] => Tourist - TBD
                [9] => The 2 Bears - TBD
            )

we should get the times for those tomorrow

boardie100 wrote: »
    so what is the advantage with buying the slabs for 50 onsite?... can they brought into the grounds ?... i dont see any reason to pay extra just because they are cold... i dont mind lugging them from my car to campsite

Probably not much advantage if you do have a car. You've plenty of space to bring cans with you.
    However, us poor souls without cars are limited in what we can carry, and I know for me that lugging cans from my house to the bus, and then from the bus to the campsite, would not only be a load of extra weight but would also take up lots of space.

Reserving them might be a bit more costly but it's not outrageously expensive either, so it's probably worth it.

In previous years I'd only bring about 8 to 10 cans with me, have them all gone by Saturday evening and end up relying on the overpriced booze being sold at the bars! So I'm probably saving money this way. :P

(Not as much as I'd save by sticking to only drinking water, granted, but ain't nobody got time for that!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

boardie100 wrote: »

They can't be brought into the ground..

Personally I find it expensive.

I just got back form Lidl:
    - 54 cans of Grafenwalder (a grand beer )
    - 2 bottles of vodka (its cheap and nasty stuff, but it works for me with coke)
    - and some coffee for the house

all for 90 quid ... vs 48 cans of Heineken for 100

How are you gonna keep them cold?

Advertisement