Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

pmalone wrote: »
    They can't be brought into the ground..

Personally I find it expensive.

I just hot back form Lidl:
    - 54 cans of Grafenwalder (a grand beer )
    - 2 bottles of vodka (its cheap and nasty stuff, but it works for me with coke)
    - and some coffee for the house

all for 90 quid ... vs 48 cans of Heineken for 100

How are you gonna keep them cold?

Are you planning on having a liver come monday morning?

I've 8 tins of carlsberg, 2 heiniken and half a bottle of black bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Are you planning on having a liver come monday morning?

I've 8 tins of carlsberg, 2 heiniken and half a bottle of black bush

well in the past I brought about 30 and always seemed to run out by Sunday evening...

Now I just get way more than I need and never run out .. if any mates run out I can help out.

We are in a campervan, so its no bother carrying all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

They can't be brought into the ground..

Personally I find it expensive.

I just got back form Lidl:
    - 54 cans of Grafenwalder (a grand beer )
    - 2 bottles of vodka (its cheap and nasty stuff, but it works for me with coke)
    - and some coffee for the house

all for 90 quid ... vs 48 cans of Heineken for 100

How are you gonna keep them cold?

hmm dunno how ill keep them cold but sure when you pick up your cold cans your not going to drink them all at once and they will get warm... unless they give you something to keep them cold?

boardie100 wrote: »
    hmm dunno how ill keep them cold but sure when you pick up your cold cans your not going to drink them all at once and they will get warm... unless they give you something to keep them cold?

Actually, now that I think of it, you can stick them in the heineken cold room ..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

boardie100 wrote: »

If its going to be as cold as the lads are saying above then leaving them under the van should ensure they are nice and chilled all weekend!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭fourmations

if you have a half decent size tent
    lash a bunch of your cans under your tents groundsheet
    it cools them nicely, not fridge cold but deffo worth doing

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

andreac wrote: »
    declanleo wrote: »
    Orchard thieves is delicious! ! I much prefer it over Bulmers now.

I can only drink 2 or 3. Find it too sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Mr.S wrote: »
    Advantage is that they are cold and you don't need to lug them for that far. That's pretty much.

imo 50euro for a slab is pretty decent in my books if i don't have to carry them that far!

Tesco are doing 24 cans of Molson Canadian for €24. Got 3 slabs between 3 of us and used a Lidl €10 off voucher. €62 for 72 cans, works out at 86 cent a can. At that price I'd bring it with me on the tour de picnic

Rackstar wrote: »
    Tesco are doing 24 cans of Molson Canadian for €24. Got 3 slabs between 3 of us and used a Lidl €10 off voucher. €62 for 72 cans, works out at 86 cent a can. At that price I'd bring it with me on the tour de picnic

they are doing san miguel at the same price, just got some

cheers

bearing in mind that you are getting them directly form Heineken (no middle man), 50 quid is an outrage.

Having said all that, if the convenience is worth it to you, then why not. I can definitely see the advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bearing in mind that you are getting them directly form Heineken (no middle man), 50 quid is an outrage.

yarp, but they've probably paid a pretty penny to help fund our weekends shenanigans and are looking for a return

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RosieBeag

Can I get a pm too pls! Thanks
    PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So basically, you got a slab each? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heading to Tesco tomorrow so gonna try pick up Molsom or just go for the bavaria .
    Also are Tesco doing any deals on Spirits?

Really hope Jack Garret does not clash with Interpol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

SantryRed wrote: »
    So basically, you got a slab each? :pac:

Basically :pac:

But if we got them individually we wouldn't get the €10 off a €50 spend basically :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

With feck all techno at EP this year where will be the best place to go for a late night buzz?

Any good acts on late that will involve a bit of a rave? Feck Todd Terry closing the RBMA :P

Paul Woolford closing on the Friday should be good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Any one any advice on where I could get a warm sleeping bag? Just realised mine never made it home from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Aspireto wrote: »
    Hi,
    Have family camping, am planning on setting up the tent early Friday and then going back to collect the gang.

Am I allowed into family camping without a child to put up the tent.

Thanks,

Strictly, I don't think your allowed, but they might be flexible. They are usually understanding and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

PM sent.

Could you PM me too please?

Any one any advice on where I could get a warm sleeping bag? Just realised mine never made it home from last year

this should be well toasty if not too hot!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9109445/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/3|19719011|Camping+and+caravanning|14419397/c_3/4|cat_14419397|Sleeping+bags|14419408.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

With feck all techno at EP this year where will be the best place to go for a late night buzz?

Any good acts on late that will involve a bit of a rave? Feck Todd Terry closing the RBMA :P

I'm presuming either the 2 Bears or Tourist will be closing the LBT on Saturday and then either Julio Bashmore or Mano le Tough on Sunday if you'd be into any of them. Wigwam DJs playing late on the B&S Earthship stage should be good too, Shane Linehan will probably play good house/techno but I think he clashes with Woolford. New Jacksons live show is brilliant, he's on second last on the RBMA on Sunday night. There's also a techno DJ named Kobina playing in the Oxjam tent on Sunday night, but I just checked there and it says he's only playing for 20 mins!? Aside from that I'm not too sure where else you might get your techno dosage I'm afraid so someone else might have to help you!

Question for people regarding some of the areas that stay open late at night. For the past two years I've pretty much just gone between the RBMA, Body & Soul and the Jerry Fish stage late at night. What's the craic like in places such as the Oxjam, Global Green or Trailer Park areas? Much smaller areas I'm presuming but they can often be the best fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Need to get a tent tomorrow.... Not very organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭hugeglobe

I had the good fortune of seeing Paul Kalkbrenner in New York a few weeks ago, assume he's going to play the same or similar enough set at EP. What I can say is though is that the second half of his set is definitely more towards the techno side. When I saw him he stopped the music half way through and then started again to finish off the second half with MUCH deeper stuff. Worth a look anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Camp in Joplin, bring earplugs, chill out areas in body and soul, mindfield, head to tents just after an event finishes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I need to be able to smile and pretend I'm having a good time if herself asks. Some time to myself might just save the day (3 days)

The first time I went (2009), I had to persuade my girlfriend to go. We weren't really in to gigs & had never been to a 3 day festival like this before.
    She wasn't sure if she'd like it and was a bit anxious.

We had a great time & go every year now. You might actually enjoy yourself!
    gandalfio wrote: »
    I would suggest camping in Charlie Chaplin

It's closer to RBMA so will probably be a bit nosier until 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DH90

Yo folks, can't really remember the setup last year, but a mate of mine is planning on coming up on the Sunday to meet us down there (we're staying the whole weekend). But they wanna stay over on Sunday night to hang out. Is there a way they can cut through Trenchtown & get into the campsite that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Thinking on that now, I don't see why not. I have never done just the Sunday, but upon exiting the arena I don't recall the security checking wristbands so I would assume you can stroll into the campsite. He/she won't be able to bring in anything though upon entering like rucksack/tent/booze.

Don't take my word for it though because to be honest I can't really remember how the Sunday ticket thing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DH90

Thinking on that now, I don't see why not. I have never done just the Sunday, but upon exiting the arena I don't recall the security checking wristbands so I would assume you can stroll into the campsite. He/she won't be able to bring in anything though upon entering like rucksack/tent/booze.

Don't take my word for it though because to be honest I can't really remember how the Sunday ticket thing works.

That's the thing, I don't remember there being security between Trenchtown & the campsite. Ah they'll be grand for stuff, we'll sort 'em, cheers for the heads up though! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Full lineup on Irish Times website. Can't post link!

Advertisement