Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

DH90 wrote: »
    Yo folks, can't really remember the setup last year, but a mate of mine is planning on coming up on the Sunday to meet us down there (we're staying the whole weekend). But they wanna stay over on Sunday night to hang out. Is there a way they can cut through Trenchtown & get into the campsite that way?

Few years ago (3 years maybe...), my bird was coming down on Sunday - she just strolled in to the campsite that morning no questions asked. Not sure if things have got stricter since then

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭deeks

Clashfinder has been fully updated:

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

It's al hotting up now, very few clashes for me but missing Sunday night is killing me.

Grace jones and my morning jacket
    Chvches and hot chip aggghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

no salty dog on clashfinder yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

It won't rain at EP this year, we can now say this with good confidence. However it will be quite chilly at night so warm clothes are essential. From MT on here:
    FRIDAY ... A mixture of cloud and sunshine, cool with the moderate northerly winds but easing to light over most counties away from the west and north coasts during the afternoon and evening, morning lows 3-6 C and highs near 14 C north and 17 C south. Slight risk of ground frost in a few rural locations inland south and central.

SATURDAY ... Partly cloudy, moderate north to northeast breezes, cool. Morning lows 2-5 C with scattered ground frost rural inland districts, and highs about 15 C north to 18 C south coast, 16-17 C east.

SUNDAY ... More frequent sunny intervals. Lows -1 to +4 C with scattered and possibly widespread ground frost and isolated air frosts possible in rural areas, highs 15-18 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Battles/TWOD, Low/Jon Hopkins and to a lesser extent Interpol/Viet Cong (have saw Interpol enough over the years) clashes are tight. But other than that, I'm happy enough. The Cosby run on Sun night is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Article on the journal this morning saying there are lots of wasps and its quite mucky. They were down there yest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Wanted to see The 2 Bears but they are on the same time as Blur.
    Might nip off to the Little Big Tent for 20 mins maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Article on the journal this morning saying there are lots of wasps and its quite mucky. They were down there yest.

Thank God for the ground frost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Anyone know What the quietest Campsite would be ? Does such a place exist ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

wasps are too bad this year, but it is a little muddy, some hay should keep most crosssing points safe tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Where is "The Bandstand" situated? Can't spot it on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Folks badly need recommendations for Friday again this year, only a handful at the minute that are must see.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

OH No! fat White Family are clahsing with Django Django!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Folks badly need recommendations for Friday again this year, only a handful at the minute that are must see.

that's a good thing, see your 'must-see' bands and then take a stroll and check out the sights and sounds, best thing to do on a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

that's a good thing, see your 'must-see' bands and then take a stroll and check out the sights and sounds, best thing to do on a Friday evening.

Yeah, i'll probably will check as much out on Friday, did the same last year but wondering if theirs anything i should not miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Trailer Park times out yet anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Friend of mine was down yesterday. Said the muck wasn't a problem but she did mention the wasps alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Any guesses what the two guest appearances on salty dog on Saturday are? Looks like girl band on Sunday

Edit: I think it's ham sandwich and august wells

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Really thrilled will the stage times I have to say. Few clashes on Sunday (I would like to see every single band who are playing the same time as Interpol for example) but not much can be done.

Might skip out on the end of the Manics to go see Girl Band - anyone who has seen both think this is a good idea?

Tame Impala/Florence is a headache (the other half is a huge Florence fan) but for the most part, my clashes were between bands on my 'must see' list and my 'might check out' list so no tough decisions to make!

I think they've done well for the most part. The Jon Hopkins/Blur snafoo notwithstanding...

Oh I can't wait now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

nmg_ire wrote: »

Ham Sandwich on the main stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

My Friday will be...

Booka Brass Band on Other Voices, Ham Sandwich on Main, break for Despacio, drink, dinner, My Morning Jacket and Belle & Sebastian on Electric Arena and then taking suggestions until LA Priest comes on stage in Body & Soul...?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

threein99 wrote: »
    Ham Sandwich on the main stage

Or New Valley Wolves in Body & Soul at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Help....Heading down in camper tomorrow. Some friends are following but they are driving. Will car parks be open tomorrow and will they be allowed into camper van site? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Help....Heading down in camper tomorrow. Some friends are following but they are driving. Will car parks be open tomorrow and will they be allowed into camper van site? Anyone know?

Only campervans allowed in tomorrow night. Other car parks wont be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Any one any advice on where I could get a warm sleeping bag? Just realised mine never made it home from last year

Mountain Warehouse is good for sleeping bags, I got this one which worked wonders for a few chilly nights here and in Andes (brag :P)

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/camping/sleeping-bags/3-4-season-sleeping-bags/microlite-1400-sleeping-bag-p11498.aspx?cl=ORANGE

A few cheaper alternatives too, highly recommended:
    http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/camping/sleeping-bags/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

stevire wrote: »
    Mountain Warehouse is good for sleeping bags, I got this one which worked wonders for a few chilly nights here

Should arrive in plenty of time for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Where is "The Bandstand" situated? Can't spot it on the map.

Head in to Body and Soul from the Little Big Tent side and it's right in front of you. That is where is was last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Effects wrote: »
    Should arrive in plenty of time for Friday.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? They have a shop in Blanchardstown

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/mountain+warehouse+ireland/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xdf5f27bdeab920c?sa=X&ved=0CDcQrwswAWoVChMI4YSA5_vXxwIVUmfbCh0fVwoH

Advertisement