Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Best hangover breakfast at EP?

Barracuda in Hendrix. Greasy lovely hot breakfast in a cup including fried spicy potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

I'm the ultimate gobsh*te. Have accommodation booked but don't have a ticket and can't get one.

What's my chances of getting in if I just head down, whether touts or official?

If it was me I'd spend the day today or tomorrow on adverts and toutless rather than waiting down there friday not knowing whether you'll get one.

Try the facebook group Ticket Drop too theres a few people selling some!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Mooro wrote: »
    I am driving down on Friday but will be driving home on Friday night. Heard that there might be an issue leaving the Red Car Park at night. Where is the best place to park if I want to get out without much hassle?

The handiest one to get out of is Z. It is right beside the N80 on the Portlaoise side of Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just got one!!!!

Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):)

Really spooky - one of those posting tickets just now turned out to be a neighbour....

Thanks everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

FKA Twigs, Paul Kalk, Mano le Tough, Jackmaster and Tame Impala all clashing pretty much, and there's feck all for me on Friday...whyyyyyy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There are LOADS of tickets popping up this week for €250 or less on adverts, 4 in the last 20 mins that are still available as I type this

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

FKA Twigs, Paul Kalk, Mano le Tough, Jackmaster and Tame Impala all clashing pretty much, and there's feck all for me on Friday...whyyyyyy :(

The EP Gods are punishing you, you must have done something unworthy at a Picnic in previous years. You stole someone's tent pegs I bet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Anyone know how big the 2 man tent in pink moon is? As in would I fit two single air mattresses comfortably? Bonus points for the name of the actual tent used.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Orlabee123

I've seen a ticket being sold on a Facebook group I'm in. There's still some floating about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    The EP Gods are punishing you, you must have done something unworthy at a Picnic in previous years. You stole someone's tent pegs I bet :p

Nah that is punishment for stealing a chair or cans I reckon.

Tough break...

--

Ticket hunters - there are bargains to be had from now until Friday morning. Or at least there was last year. Keep an eye on the usual places!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

zuluchio wrote: »
    The handiest one to get out of is Z. It is right beside the N80 on the Portlaoise side of Stradbally.

Thanks for that. Are there any restrictions on what car parks you can get into. I have a weekend camping ticket but have something on Saturday morning so cant camp Friday night but don't want to miss Grace Jones and Underworld :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

stevire wrote: »

Yes. Sarcasm. That came back on me though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

this_time wrote: »
    Anyone know how big the 2 man tent in pink moon is? As in would I fit two single air mattresses comfortably? Bonus points for the name of the actual tent used.
    Thanks

you will fit two single air beds no bother. I don't know the name of the tents but the are a typical dome structure, well made and well pitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Best hangover breakfast at EP?

Happy Pear if you want stuff that's actually good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

you will fit two single air beds no bother. I don't know the name of the tents but the are a typical dome structure, well made and well pitched.

That's the bell or tipi tents. There's also standard 2 man tents. These will also fit them but less comfortably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Synode wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come in through Athy? Does the traffic be bad along the route? I'll be doing it about 11am on Friday

I've traveled this way loads of times and you might be held up in Athy for 5-10 mins but its fine all the way to Stradbally then. You won't get to the red car parks though as you'll be sent into the green car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

tonc76 wrote: »
    I've traveled this way loads of times and you might be held up in Athy for 5-10 mins but its fine all the way to Stradbally then. You won't get to the red car parks though as you'll be sent into the green car park.

Cheers. It's the Green I want. First time in Pink Moon this year

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

Anybody notice the bands on the Salty Dog at night that are on the timetable as a letter and a load of astrixes. I assume these are the special guests? 'G*** B***' is obviously Girl Band. There's another beginning with a 'H'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

maximoose wrote: »
    There are LOADS of tickets popping up this week for €250 or less on adverts, 4 in the last 20 mins that are still available as I type this

Few earlybirds at 160 quid too. Anyone looking for a ticket will get one I reckon. Same for every gig/festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Anybody notice the bands on the Salty Dog at night that are on the timetable as a letter and a load of astrixes. I assume these are the special guests? 'G*** B***' is obviously Girl Band. There's another beginning with a 'H'.
    Ham sandwich and august wells I think

• Advertisement

Mooro wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Are there any restrictions on what car parks you can get into. I have a weekend camping ticket but have something on Saturday morning so cant camp Friday night but don't want to miss Grace Jones and Underworld :)

On Friday they send all the traffic from the Portlaoise and Abbeyleix roads to the red car parks and traffic from the Carlow side of Stadbally to the green car parks. On Saturday and Sunday they send everyone to the green car parks. You can come and go as you please from any of them, but the green car parks are bit handier to get out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

The Nal wrote: »
    Few earlybirds at 160 quid too. Anyone looking for a ticket will get one I reckon. Same for every gig/festival.

Ya internet is hopping with tickets.

If people are thinking about sunday and find someone selling jump on it, because its not as easy to find last minute on saturday as you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Synode wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come in through Athy? Does the traffic be bad along the route? I'll be doing it about 11am on Friday

at 11 you should be ok. i remember coming through around lunchtime one yer and we were about 30mins in traffic coming through the town. not sure if that would have been before or after the schools were back, but i wouldn't try coming though there between 12:30 and 2:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Must have been a metric fcukton of divs trying to be Del Boys and snapping up extra tickets in the hope of flogging them for more money later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

zuluchio wrote: »
    On Friday they send all the traffic from the Portlaoise and Abbeyleix roads to the red car parks and traffic from the Carlow side of Stadbally to the green car parks. On Saturday and Sunday they send everyone to the green car parks. You can come and go as you please from any of them, but the green car parks are bit handier to get out of.

Thanks. I read earlier that the Red Car Park closes at night and you can't get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

The Florence/Tame Impala is the toughest choice for me wouldn't be surprised if i ended up flipping a coin on Sunday night to decide who to see!

Quick question - Previous picnic's I went down on the bus from Dublin but we're heading down in the car this year for the first time. What's the story with the car parks? Are the green car parks closer?

(Planning to camp in Hendrix btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Are my eyes bleedin or am I seeing things

Interpol and Viet Cong seem to be clashing

Oh oh

Are we now only missing the stage times for Trailer Park, Trenchtown and Sunday Comedy Tent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

Can anyone remember/know if they take bottles of water off you on the way into the arena or just take the caps off them?? Strange question I know ;)

Sometimes they do - sometimes they don't. Solution - keep a spare cap or two on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Are my eyes bleedin or am I seeing things

Interpol and Viet Cong seem to be clashing

Oh oh

Yeah, that was a pretty illogical piece of scheduling. I'd say most Viet Cong fans would also be Interpol fans.

Advertisement