Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads has anyone been able to book the 3 penthouse yoke, i know its miles away and the view isn;t great but this weekend is gonna be so bloody busy it would be cool to watch someone in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The only band my missus wants to see all weekend is your wan and her oul machine. I'm probably gonna have to take the hit on Tame Impala.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Synode wrote: »
    Has anyone ever come in through Athy? Does the traffic be bad along the route? I'll be doing it about 11am on Friday

Yes and It'll be very quiet. Easiest route too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

lbj666 wrote: »
    Lads has anyone been able to book the 3 penthouse yoke, i know its miles away and the view isn;t great but this weekend is gonna be so bloody busy it would be cool to watch someone in peace.

You may only be able to book it hours before. Thats what I experienced in Longitude anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

xxyyzz wrote: »
    The only band my missus wants to see all weekend is your wan and her oul machine. I'm probably gonna have to take the hit on Tame Impala.

Divorce her for two hours, come to the dark side, give in to your hatred

also, we have cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Are you not going with other mates? Surely you could split up to see whoever you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is there anyway of getting a ticket just fore Saturday or is Sunday the only single day ticket?

Snarky Snark Snark

No / Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

go to Tame Impala, take her to Florence in the 3Arena next week, assuming you haven't spent all your money this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

zuluchio wrote: »
    Are we now only missing the stage times for Trailer Park, Trenchtown and Sunday Comedy Tent ?
    Trenchtown is out, and some Trailer Park ones:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No / Yes

Tits

Snarky Snark Snark

Best hangover breakfast at EP?

1/2 litre of water followed by a strong black coffee, 1 x neurofen, 2 x marlboro lights, 15 min think on what you did last night, 2 hours of utter shame and mortification

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not many clashes for me so far. ATM this is my plan

Friday

5:00 - Booka Brass Band - Other Voices
    7:45 - Dawes - Electric Arena

Saturday

5:15 - Future Islands - Main Stage
    7:00 - George Ezra - Main Stage
    8:00 - Circa Waves - Cosby Stage
    8:30 - Hot Chip - Main Stage
    11:30 - Blur - Main Stage
    1:45 - Tourist - Little Big Tent

Sunday

4:00 - Jurassic 5 - Main Stage
    6:00 - Jack Garratt - Little Big Tent
    7:00 - Interpol - Main Stage
    8:45 - Manic Street Preachers - Main Stage
    10:45 - Tame Impala - Electric Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Lads, if ye're not going to Tame Impala ye are going to miss out, one of the best bands around at the moment. Unbelievable live show by the looks of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, Florence talks too much sh1te on stage. Cant be dealing with that head wreck on Sunday night. Tame Impala for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

1/2 litre of water followed by a strong black coffee, 1 x neurofen, 2 x marlboro lights, 15 min think on what you did last night, 2 hours of utter shame and mortification

I've never smoked, but I trust everything else you've listed so I think I should give this recipe a shot.

Interweb advice ftw :pac:

lbj666 wrote: »

I got an invite to it for Saturday evening. I'm not expecting much to be honest. There is food and drink at it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Is there different gates to go in....

My mate got a ticket free its a donation ticket says go the Abbeyleix gate on arrival but on the ticket he got it says Gate number 4 the same as mine???

Both tickets have the same price on them etc??Can he go in the same gate?Just we are carrying stuff together

As far as I know you need to pay the charity donation at the main gate.

Snarky Snark Snark

Ya, Florence talks too much sh1te on stage. Cant be dealing with that head wreck on Sunday night. Tame Impala for me.

What ever about the sh1te talk, watched her Glastonbury set, waaaaay too much energy for that time on a Sunday night (and her voice is pants when she runs around)

Listening to Tame Impala on the fruit companies music app, me really likey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Don't miss Alvvays sat folks, one of my fave bands at the min nice early time too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

That sounds good enough to make me want to take up smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pissed off slightly by the fact that Rayko is playing Casa Bacarrdi early enough on Friday. That place is always a heaving mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

LostArt wrote: »
    A Skillz

One of the best fun DJs for a good dance ... no so much scratch really.

It is a real shame that Cut Chemist wasn't also booked for a solo spot. Whatever that would clash with, I would be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrlwuMBLfgg

Snarky Snark Snark

That sounds good enough to make me want to take up smoking.

yeah don't, was trying to be as generic as i could, it fits in with the shame and regret flavour I was aiming for

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Just double checking guys about the ID when entering, don't want to bring the passport with me as I'll need it at the end of the month and don't want to risk losing it.

Already have the age card lost (a habit of mine) so don't have that. Heard driving license are accepted, is a learners license accepted too or only a fully driving license as ID?

Cheers

Effects wrote: »
    As far as I know you need to pay the charity donation at the main gate.

It doesn't have guest on the ticket or anything..Just wondering where G4 is now ...I always bought my own ticket from local music store and always went in the Abbeyleix road side but never saw a guests going that way!

In other words does it matter what G is on your ticket?G4 G5 G6 etc etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

pmalone wrote: »
    One of the best fun DJs for a good dance ... no so much scratch really.

It is a real shame that Cut Chemist wasn't also booked for a solo spot. Whatever that would clash with, I would be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrlwuMBLfgg

Ya would have loved if hopkins did a dj set in body and soul later on saturday, his essential mix is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Not many clashes for me so far. ATM this is my plan

Friday

5:00 - Booka Brass Band - Other Voices
    7:45 - Dawes - Electric Arena

Saturday

5:15 - Future Islands - Main Stage
    7:00 - George Ezra - Main Stage
    8:00 - Circa Waves - Cosby Stage
    8:30 - Hot Chip - Main Stage
    11:30 - Blur - Main Stage
    1:45 - Tourist - Little Big Tent

Sunday

4:00 - Jurassic 5 - Main Stage
    6:00 - Jack Garratt - Little Big Tent
    7:00 - Interpol - Main Stage
    8:45 - Manic Street Preachers - Main Stage
    10:45 - Tame Impala - Electric Arena

My list is pretty similar :)

Odd question, but were you on the old oxegen forum a few years back?

Advertisement