Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

might tweet Bacardi to ask them to put a memo up to barmen to stop fannying around throwing bottles about when the crowd at the bar is 4 deep and just wants a f-cking drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

might tweet Bacardi to ask them to put a memo up to barmen to stop fannying around throwing bottles about when the crowd at the bar is 4 deep and just wants a f-cking drink.

Given the types they hire i wouldn't count on it. Wasn't one barman sacked for doing a line on the bar last year.

They had a caravan near cosby stage one year that did bacardi cocktails too , it was the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed Rayko is playing there. He's fecking great but it'll just be background music to people getting pissed and chatting/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

lbj666 wrote: »
    Given the types they hire i wouldn't count on it. Wasn't one barman sacked for doing a line on the bar last year.

no way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Amen to that it does my bloody head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

pmalone wrote: »
    no way?

So i heard , probably on this thread, so it has to be true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No work being done at all today and even less will be done tomorrow. Wish it was Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Maybe this is obvious to everyone else but what's the difference between the different campsites e.g. Chaplin/Joplin/Wilde/Hendrix/Warhol? Hoping to get some sleep and not have my stuff robbed :eek: :P

Would it be safe to assume that the quieter campsites will be the ones further away from the main arena, i.e. Chaplin or Joplin? They used to do a Quiet Campsite but not any more, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Raging Chvrches and Hot Chip are clashing. There's an insane amount of clashes on Sunday night too, Florence, Jackmaster, Le Galaxie, Julio Bashmore and Tame Impala all clashing. Might just end up saying feck them all and go to Despacio!

Casa Bacardi is probably my favourite stage in terms of music, always have some great disco DJs playing. Can attract a bit of a poser crowd I suppose but usually I find it's worth it! The Saturday line up down there seems very deep house heavy so think I will be avoiding it altogether on Saturday, it will be full of shufflers.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

Hey

someone said earlier if you come from athy you have to park in the green carpark, can anyone confirm this and if you are traveling from dublin via the motorway i take it you have to park in the red?

thanks

PARKING
    Parking is free at the festival. Parking for weekend ticket holders is located in Red Car Parks A, B and C on the Abbeyleix Road and the Green Car Parks V, W, X, Y and Z which are off the N80. Day Parking in provided in the Green Car Parks and Family Weekend ticket holders can park their cars in the GAA field on Timahoe Road.​

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Okay so thinking:

Friday:
    - Booka Brass Band
    - Ham Sandwich
    - My Morning Jacket
    - Belle & Sebastian
    - LA Priest
    - With some time for Despacio in the middle

Saturday:
    - Alvvays
    - Future Islands
    - The War on Drugs
    - Hot Chip
    - Blur
    - Tourist
    - Shamir
    - Might also squeeze in some of Ride if I’m feeling energetic

Sunday:
    - Pond
    - Jape
    - Interpol
    - Manic Street Preachers
    - (maybe Girl Band)
    - Florence + the Machine
    - New Jackson

Monday:
    - Real life. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A few of us were thinking of driving down tomorrow night and setting up the tent then. Is that possible or is not open until Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

laois gael wrote: »
    It doesn't have guest on the ticket or anything..Just wondering where G4 is now ...I always bought my own ticket from local music store and always went in the Abbeyleix road side but never saw a guests going that way!

G4 & G4(a) are both on the Timahoe Road, east of the bus drop off point

monkey9 wrote: »
    A few of us were thinking of driving down tomorrow night and setting up the tent then. Is that possible or is not open until Friday?

Nope, not possible. Only campervans allowed in Thursday. Campsite opens 9am Friday morn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Okay so thinking..

Monday:
    - Real life. :(

Skip them, they're completely overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

menuisier wrote: »
    Hey

someone said earlier if you come from athy you have to park in the green carpark, can anyone confirm this and if you are traveling from dublin via the motorway i take it you have to park in the red?​

Confirmed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

mimimcmc wrote: »

Odd question, but were you on the old oxegen forum a few years back?

Makes me feel incredibly old thinking about that beautiful mess of a forum

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Higgeldy

You got Interpol anyway!!! ENJOY!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Anyone any idea where Neil Hannon is? Not on the released times or the app anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

There doesnt seem to be any info on the Oxjam stage in Pablo's app.
    Is there something up with that stage in general?
    Trying to set a reminder for Bukspan, Tierney and Boyle (with Mick Pyro!).

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Dunno if there's anything up about the app, but the times are on Clashfinder for Oxjam...

http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

andreac wrote: »

So is everyone bringing wellies then? I didn't think I'd need them.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    There doesnt seem to be any info on the Oxjam stage in Pablo's app.
    Is there something up with that stage in general?
    Trying to set a reminder for Bukspan, Tierney and Boyle (with Mick Pyro!).

Oxjam working fine on my app. Maybe update it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Let it happen, let it happen (it's gonna feel so good) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Somebody recommend an act that cannot be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

foolelle wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where Neil Hannon is? Not on the released times or the app anywhere?

Am guessing but there was a small area in corner of trailer park last year which had a few bits, could be there.

yup yup, found it

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/mylovelyranch?source=feed_text

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Think ill bring mine anyway regardless. I have other boots to wear too but handy to have them just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Defo bring wellies! It's better to have them and not need them than not have them and need them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Even if there's not much rain over the weekend, it'll get a bit mucky with 50k people trodding over the same areas. Better to have them.

Advertisement