Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Thanks guys,there is a Mr Price and a dunnes local, will check them out tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Galway K9 wrote: »
    I just saw the line up there, does anyone else not think that its utter crap?

Who would you like to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Was just looking up some of the dj stuff for Friday night. Saw somebody called Elektrobank(Live Dance Anthems). So checked them on youtube. Its a crappy video but you get the jist...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHO8WtPJtYE
    Will defo have to check them out...:) Dublin lads too apparantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

is anyone else having trouble with the IOS app? My mate keeps getting kicked out of the App :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I just saw the line up there, does anyone else not think that its utter crap?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

Anybody have any luck getting them reusable capri sun pouches for bringing drink in? Find it tough to get any this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is there any particular car park or road to aim for if camping in the Eco campsite?

Coming from Dublin on the Friday around midday and it seems like any of the normal Abbeyleix roads and normal signage will get me to the red car parks. I persume they're just going to usher people into the car parks as they fill up and you don't get a choice!

Getting a bit excited now. Trying to pack all the things today so there's no mad rush or late night Thursday and I can chill the beans and find some new artists!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

fungie wrote: »
    Anybody have any luck getting them reusable capri sun pouches for bringing drink in? Find it tough to get any this year.

You can get something similar in eurogiant. They are kids ones with cartoon animals on them. Picked 4 up yesterday. They hold 380ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just get actual capri-suns if you can't find the resuable ones, basically the same price, plus you get a drink too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm just going to go for red carpark B for the shortest walk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Homestore + More have squishy bottle that do the same job for 2 dollaredoos

Re6gDTt.png

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/water-filtration/folding-water-bottle/invt/059066

The euro shops etc have them too.

Also there's this foldable bottle - http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/kitchen-storage/wham-folding-bottle-500ml/invt/056563

Homestore + More also have LED torches for 2.50, flocked inflatable pillows for 1.25, camping chairs and all sorts of useful things!

I also don't work for them. But once they're gone, they're gone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Are you allowed to bring drink in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Nal wrote: »

Not until after the bars close, which looks to be 1am Fri/Sat.

yes to the campsites but not the main arena until after 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wollycheep

Got them in Tesco today... 1.39euro.... simples

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Are you going?

I got offered a ticket, so checked up the line up, and that was my findings, so don't think ill go now. Still looking through some of the line up though.

yes to the campsites but not the main arena until after 1am

Fcuks sake. Not even plastic? Do they search people?

No, as someone else says not until after bars close, hence why people are looking for those bottles ;)

Yes, they usually do a search, but i have managed to sneak cans in before, all depends really.

no drink at all only water but even then they take off the cap. they do serious searches yeah thats why everyones talking about sticking those capri sun pouches up their arse to get some vodka in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got offered a ticket, so checked up the line up, and that was my findings, so don't think ill go now. Still looking through some of the line up though.

Ah right. What are you into?

andreac wrote: »
    No, as someone else says not until after bars close, hence why people are looking for those bottles ;)

So they milk your money until the bars close and then you can bring in your own booze? Is there a wine bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Since we're on the topic of sneaking drink in, has anyone had much success with bringing a hip flask into the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So they milk your money until the bars close and then you can bring in your own booze? Is there a wine bar?

Not so much, more like a whine bar once people cop a load of the prices.

There's a Prosecco bar, i know that. Im sure you can get wine somewhere.

you can bring cartons of wine into the campsite :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Most live music is good, no matter what it is. Its the atmosphere and the buzz from other people that adds to it! A bad attitude will most likely ruin your weekend. Not the lineup!
    Just go. You are guaranteed to have a great time. Its not just music there either.

Not so much, more like a whine bar once people cop a load of the prices.

ha! Yeah spend an ungodly amount of cash down there one year in the bar. I really would've preferred to have a bag of wine with me.

Do they do groin searches? Bottle of wine down the front of the pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Since we're on the topic of sneaking drink in, has anyone had much success with bringing a hip flask into the main arena?

have snuck one in several times in my sock or.....elsewhere. They haven't found it yet although came very close last year I found the security to be extra handsy;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

Did the picnic shop today and here's my "checklist" so to say:
    -Tent
    -Sleeping bag
    -Sleeping mat
    -Camp chair
    -LED lantern for tent + small carry torch w/ extra batteries
    -Portable phone charger
    -Clothes all the usual.. rain gear (wellies) etc + socks lots of socks
    -Zip lock sandwich bags
    -Bin bags
    -Toothbrush + toothpaste + mouthwash
    -Dry shampoo (robbed off the sister)
    -Dioralyte
    -Paracetamol + Dispirin
    -Food.. Small snacks such as Haribo, burger bites and other ****e
    -Chewing Gum
    -Deodorant (cheap mans shower)
    -Masking tape
    -Empty water bottle to fill up in there

Not sure what I'm missing..

Just need to pick up the slab of cans and some spirits ..

Hope this helps some of you ..

Advertisement