Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

Did the picnic shop today and here's my "checklist" so to say:
    -Tent
    -Sleeping bag
    -Sleeping mat
    -Camp chair
    -LED lantern for tent + small carry torch w/ extra batteries
    -Portable phone charger
    -Clothes all the usual.. rain gear (wellies) etc + socks lots of socks
    -Zip lock sandwich bags
    -Bin bags
    -Toothbrush + toothpaste + mouthwash
    -Dry shampoo (robbed off the sister)
    -Dioralyte
    -Paracetamol + Dispirin
    -Food.. Small snacks such as Haribo, burger bites and other ****e
    -Chewing Gum
    -Deodorant (cheap mans shower)
    -Duct tape
    -Empty water bottle to fill up in there

Not sure what I'm missing..

Just need to pick up the slab of cans and some spirits ..

Hope this helps some of you ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Boxed wine is so handy for the campsite and carrying too.

As for hip flasks, I usually sneak 2 hip flasks into the arena for the main music stuffs in the evening, no prob. In the usual places, down the Jocks or in the wellies. You can even put stuff in your hat no. If you have a snood/neck warmer you can put booze in there too. If your missus has a long skirt your sorted!

I don't mind sneaking Rum/Vokda etc in... You just get a mixer in there and off you go. You can see more stuff too since you spend less time peeing after drinking beer/cider an don't have to leave your mates or spot in the crowd as much.

Usually bring the cans in when your allowed for the later evening for some sippage and sure you don't need as much booze later on in the night either... Around the time when the ice-cream vans turn into the water-station vans ;)

Don't forget spare bottle caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

+1 on the "lots of socks" point. You can get by on minimal other clothes, but wet socks will wreck your weekend.

Football socks are ideal actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

+1 on the "lots of socks" point. You can get by on minimal other clothes, but wet socks will wreck your weekend.

Fresh dry football socks are almost as good as a hot shower:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I can't keep up any more, between this thread and the headwreck of clashes in the timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Winmau77

Fresh dry football socks are almost as good as a hot shower down there:D

Bringing 10 pairs of normal socks and two pairs of wellie socks.. nothing worse than wet feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I never would have thought of that. Great tip cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

You're missing Wasp Killer.. an essential this year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Winmau77 wrote: »
    nothing worse than wet feet.

galloping knob rot of the pustulating variety

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

galloping knob rot of the pustulating variety

The joys of being a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 raineyd

no drink at all only water but even then they take off the cap. they do serious searches yeah thats why everyones talking about sticking those capri sun pouches up their arse to get some vodka in

From the EP website:

As per previous years whilst the bars onsite are open no drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml). Once the bars are closed at 1am up to 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena.

I want to take a few bottles of sealed water in, doesn't mention here about taking the caps? so they make you open it if its sealed water and take the cap? that cant be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

raineyd wrote: »
    From the EP website:

As per previous years whilst the bars onsite are open no drink or alcohol can be brought into the arena, with the exception of sealed soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml). Once the bars are closed at 1am up to 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena.

I want to take a few bottles of sealed water in, doesn't mention here about taking the caps? so they make you open it if its sealed water and take the cap? that cant be right.

They do it at most events now, they take the caps off bottles that are served. Not sure why. Assume it's to stop people sealing them up and throwing them but you still see it happening ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

I think it is. The reason they have to be sealed is just so they know you haven't opened it and possibly put vodka (for example) in it instead of water. If it's sealed, they can safely assume it's water and then they will take the cap from you for whatever reason, probably viewing it as a possible projectile weapon or whatever. Sounds ridiculous, but you'd be suprised the precautions that are taken at big festivals.

They do it at most events now, they take the caps off bottles that are served. Not sure why. Assume it's to stop people sealing them up and throwing them but you still see it happening ha ha

Ah okay, bit confusing, why say its okay to bring sealed ones in on their website then?

It doesn't really mean you can bring them in, its just worded that way. It's basically saying that you can bring sealed bottles of water up to and as far as the security checks, where the cap will be taken off and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

its to stop people indiaing open the bottles filling them with vodka then indiaing them closed again to look like they're sealed

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

PadraigOK wrote: »
    My Picnic is looking something like that, throw it a spot of Despacio and general wandering and I'll be happy.

Friday 4th September
    My Morning Jacket Electric Arena, 21:00-22:00
    Underworld Main Stage, 22:30-00:00
    Ho99o9 Body&Soul - Main Stage, 00:15-01:00
    Space Dimension Controller Red Bull Music Academy, 00:30-02:00
    Paul Woolford Red Bull Music Academy, 02:00-04:00

Saturday 5th September
    Alvvays Cosby Stage, 15:45-16:30
    Future Islands Main Stage, 17:15-18:15
    Mac DeMarco Electric Arena, 18:00-18:45
    The War on Drugs Electric Arena, 19:15-20:30
    Battles Rankin's Wood Stage, 19:30-20:30
    Hot Chip Main Stage, 20:30-21:30
    Jon Hopkins Rankin's Wood Stage, 23:00-00:00
    Blur Main Stage, 23:30-01:30
    Shamir Body&Soul - Main Stage, 03:00-03:45

Sunday 6th September
    Pond Electric Arena, 15:00-15:45
    Jurassic 5 Main Stage, 15:45-16:45
    Jape Electric Arena, 16:15-17:15
    Django Django Electric Arena, 17:45-18:45
    Interpol Main Stage, 19:00-20:00
    Viet Cong Cosby Stage, 19:00-19:45
    METZ Cosby Stage, 20:15-21:00
    Girl Band Cosby Stage, 21:30-22:30
    Tame Impala Electric Arena, 22:45-00:00
    Hundred Waters Body&Soul - Main Stage, 23:45-00:45
    New Jackson Red Bull Music Academy, 00:30-02:00

I might just use yours! Practically everyone I want to see included here!

I like your style BananaR. All of that would be on my 'to-see' list too, but there are so many clashes between most of those listed.

Seriously! Is there anyone left on the thread whos ever been to a. ELECTRIC PICNIC or b. ANY FESTIVAL before???

Snarky Snark Snark

BananaR wrote: »
    Seriously! Is there anyone left on the thread whos ever been to a. ELECTRIC PICNIC or b. ANY FESTIVAL before???

ever or never?

I did suggest a few hundred posts ago that we need a checklist sticky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 doughan

Anyone know anywhere with camping chairs left near dun laoghaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The Nal wrote: »
    So they milk your money until the bars close and then you can bring in your own booze? Is there a wine bar?

Yeah, they are running a business after all. They sell wine but choice is usually pretty bad. Hopefully they have Desperados again this year for the bargain price of €9 per pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Any word on how dry the site is, I hate wearing wellies, I just have pairs of old runners

ever or never?

I did suggest a few hundred posts ago that we need a checklist sticky

Worried now the age demographic is about to take an almighty nosedive this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I actually enjoyed some of the urban DJs on the sat in Heineken sound atlas last year, haven't even given that area a thought in my timetable this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You are guaranteed to have a great time. Its not just music there either.

I'm sure this guys mates had a blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Any word on how dry the site is, I hate wearing wellies, I just have pairs of old runners

I wore my wellies down last year cause you might have to trek across big fields that have been trampled by wheelbarrows, and suitcases etc all day
    but then was fine to wear runners from the sat on.

its to stop people indiaing open the bottles filling them with vodka then indiaing them closed again to look like they're sealed

this! this is exactly what i was planning to do...

so aswell as making me open the sealed bottle and take the cap they are also going to make me let them smell it make sure its not vodka?

and yes this is my 3rd picnic but havent been since 2006 and there was none of this thorough nonsense back then, free and easy it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

doughan wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere with camping chairs left near dun laoghaire?

If you can get into town, the camping shop on Mary street (street that joins Henry St. to Capel St.) has em for €9:90. They're the ones with the drink holder.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

BananaR wrote: »
    Worried now the age demographic is about to take an almighty nosedive this year...

Well, every year that you go, the newbies are actually the same age, you just get older

Advertisement