Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Well, every year that you go, the newbies are actually the same age, you just get older

Ha ha. - this is true. Dunno why I'm still surprised by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BrianosaurJr

BananaR wrote: »
    Seriously! Is there anyone left on the thread whos ever been to a. ELECTRIC PICNIC or b. ANY FESTIVAL before???

Was that directed at my comment, or......?

Was that directed at my comment, or......?

Not at all - more of a general observation

Ah right. Yeah probably more yourself (and myself) getting older. A bit like Matthew McConnaughey's observation in Dazed & Confused. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

BananaR wrote: »
    Worried now the age demographic is about to take an almighty nosedive this year...

I also have the fear it's gonna be taken over with those hideous bum cheek showing denim shorts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Effects wrote: »
    I'm sure this guys mates had a blast!

Link not working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I also have the fear it's gonna be taken over with those hideous bum cheek showing denim shorts!

I wonder what has been keeping them away up until now!
    i went to macklemore last year and it was horrendous experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

srm23 wrote: »

I could only imagine! They look so wrong especially with the streaky Sally Hansen orange legs :-(

Let's hope we can escape them again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

A bit like Matthew McConnaughey's observation in Dazed & Confused. :P

eeew, eeeew ew

Me too - Getting flashbacks of Sun. at Forbidden Fruit this year, where I was in fact presented with an award for officially being the oldest attendee ( ok not really but sure felt that way) . Was Still worth it for Booka Shade - electro is a cruel master...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've booked a space at 3 Tree house thingy for a few main stagers on Sat and mainly Sunday (as I'll be driving home Sunday night :( )

Also registered for Heineken Atlas as I assume they'll be inviting people into their tent for special gigs... well, thats what the email hinted at.

Either way, free stuff is great stuff (at least 10% of the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

felt very old at forbidden fruit as well this year

1) crazy the amount of tickets going for face value now, compare it to 2 years ago when there was nothing. a different older demographic buying tickets and then changing their mind? or just the dublin/mayo replay
    2) friday is terrible, i'd skip the whole day if it wasn't for underworld. despacio will be packed friday as people will have nobody else to see. i'd LOVE if the festival was brought back to full 3 days.
    3) belle and sebastian at 10.30 is a terrible time, they're a perfect afternoon band, were great at that time at glasto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Like these?

7379fbffa03c4966b547ca536c7031d9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Lads, if I arrive down at EP at 3pm will I have any chance of buying a camping chair ? I don't suppose there's any way to pre-reserve one? Simply wont have the room/carry-space for one how I'm travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    3 day tickets back on sale
    just tried now and nothing, must be gone again.

felt very old at forbidden fruit as well this year

1) crazy the amount of tickets going for face value now, compare it to 2 years ago when there was nothing. a different older demographic buying tickets and then changing their mind? or just the dublin/mayo replay
    from the fb event page it seems like overwhelmingly younger people selling theirs, late teens/eary 20s. can't afford it maybe and prefer to have the cash instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Hi folks, just wondering if there is much a buzz on the Thursday night, and if it's even possible to get in? Unfortunately I've to work Sunday which means I'd only get the one night but a friend was saying a few years ago they headed up on the Thursday and it was savage, Trenchtown, Salty Dog and the likes are open. Any confirmation about this? Is it volunteers only perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

According to Andy Bell's twitter Ride are playing the friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FriendlyBook

Sorry to bring the bottle discussion back up - but would you be okay to bring an empty bottle into the main arena and fill it with water in there? Or would they throw away the cap on that too?

I was planning on bringing one reusable bottle for the weekend, but if they're throwing away caps then I'll have to stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wollycheep

srm23 wrote: »

Went to Chemical Brothers at Longitude.... which is a 16's event!!! They say the 16year olds have to be accompanied by a responsible adult, but zero checks were done. Place was full of bum flashers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Hi folks, just wondering if there is much a buzz on the Thursday night, and if it's even possible to get in? A friend was saying a few years ago they headed up on the Thursday and it was savage, Trenchtown, Salty Dog and the likes are open.
    You won't get in if you're just Joe Normie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi folks, just wondering if there is much a buzz on the Thursday night, and if it's even possible to get in? Unfortunately I've to work Sunday which means I'd only get the one night but a friend was saying a few years ago they headed up on the Thursday and it was savage, Trenchtown, Salty Dog and the likes are open. Any confirmation about this? Is it volunteers only perhaps?

Unless you have a camper van you won't get in . Campsites not open until Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Sorry to bring the bottle discussion back up - but would you be okay to bring an empty bottle into the main arena and fill it with water in there? Or would they throw away the cap on that too?

I was planning on bringing one reusable bottle for the weekend, but if they're throwing away caps then I'll have to stock up.

You just need to have the cap in your pocket and not on the bottle. Then just put it back on when you pass security.

eeew, eeeew ew

Hahaha! For the record I was in no way condoning such observations.

Bring reusable i.e sport water bottle. You can get that in empty and fill in there.

Trenchtown and Salty Dog etc. aren't open until after midday on Friday.
    there is nothing open; stages, food stalls, campsite etc on the Thursday.
    the only thing that is open is the campervan field.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 doughan

Tickets still on sale just got two

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I wonder where the tickets on ticketmaster are coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Found a ticket on Rathgar Ave, Dublin 6 this evening.

If its yours or know anyone that lost one in that area give me a PM.

The name is on the ticket so Ill know if your genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 doughan

I wonder where the tickets on ticketmaster are coming from?

Probably people who didn't go fully through with the instalment plan

Same happened last year, ask got a couple around the same time as this last year

Advertisement