Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So that's Croke Park sorted out along with Blur.

Now...

How about Coldplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

It is likely that Blur will headline? I would love to see them at London it just getting the money for me, is it likely they will play over here?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

this is allegedly it:
    B-NQpo0IYAEK05-.jpg

Hmmm Noel Gallagher headlining? Unless its a co headline with Prodigy.

Yea would'nt mind Blur doing EP (they seem to have gotten better then their Oxegen 2009 slot)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

underworld headlining bestival. they could do EP or longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Another act I would love to see at EP, would be Echo and The Bunnymen, was The Olympia gig last night and it was just unbelievable, they have a fantastic back catalogue (ok, the 80's album releases ideally), great setlist, I think they would a great addition to EP, would suit a lot of punters......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

T in the Park line-up announced.

http://www.tinthepark.com/line-up.aspx

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see the following at EP

Kasabian or Noel G or Prodigy or Stereophonics (can only see one of them if any)
    Annie Mac
    Hot Chip
    Twin Atlantic (slim chance)
    Enter Shikari (again Slim)
    Jamie T
    Paloma Faith
    Alabama Shakes
    Catfish & The Bottlemen
    Moudest Mouse
    James Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Underworld are nailed down for EP in my opinion. Festival Republic are pushing them a good bit for other events

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

That T in the Park line-up looks dreadful. But I would love to see Modest Mouse announced for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MattD wrote: »
    Underworld are nailed down for EP in my opinion. Festival Republic are pushing them a good bit for other events

12' (I think) was the last time they played, but they were on the main stage, they really suit 'indoors' just didn't have the same atmosphere compared to when they absolutely blew the roof off the EA a few years previous.

They're probably due again!

Would love to see;

Fri: Pixies (maybe they've saturated Ireland at this stage, but I keep missing them when they play, would love to see them @ EP)
    Sat: Florence & the machine
    Sun: Blur

Others I really want added;
    Tame Impala
    GEMS
    Royal blood
    Alt J
    The Frames
    Courtney Barnett
    Gaz Coombes

Com Truise

• Advertisement

this is allegedly it:
    B-NQpo0IYAEK05-.jpg

Almost looks like one of those fake announcements!!

Any talk on capacity increase? Don't mind the extra hussle and bussle but I really did notice that some of the stage tents were completely jam packed 1-2 acts before a popular act, almost like Glastonbury.
    It starts to become hard work rather than fun, particularly if having a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Any talk on capacity increase? Don't mind the extra hussle and bussle but I really did notice that some of the stage tents were completely jam packed 1-2 acts before a popular act, almost like Glastonbury.
    It starts to become hard work rather than fun, particularly if having a few beers.

Yeah when coming from Camille O'Sullivan's set at the Jerry Fish we were trying to catch the last bit of London Grammar's set at the EA but it was absolutely wedged, in fact quite a crowd was gathered in a circle around the arena tent staring in through the openings, so we just had to make do with the audio from where we were.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Sufjan stevens has new album out soon and is playing the end of the road festival in the UK the same weekend as EP. Would love to see him here and reckon there'd be a good chance

Kendal calling line up! Late July-Early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

kellso81 wrote: »
    Sufjan stevens has new album out soon and is playing the end of the road festival in the UK the same weekend as EP. Would love to see him here and reckon there'd be a good chance

I'd love to see him too but apparently he won't be playing any other European festivals. At the End of the Road announcement it was said that he was a European festival exclusive for 2015. I can't link them but it's mentioned on the NME and Guardian arcticles about the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I'd love to see him too but apparently he won't be playing any other European festivals. At the End of the Road announcement it was said that he was a European festival exclusive for 2015. I can't link them but it's mentioned on the NME and Guardian arcticles about the announcement.

Ah Jesus. Had my hopes up too. Seen him twice and were two of my favourite gigs ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

After looking around for a bit I'm predicting something like:

Duran Duran
    Grace Jones
    + biggish Sunday headliner (Blur? Black Keys? FATM? Animal Collective?)
    Underworld

War On Drugs
    Belle and Sebastien
    Modest Mouse
    Rudimental
    Hot Chip
    Jon Hopkins

Parquet Courts
    Chvrches
    Years and Years
    James Blake
    Ride
    Future Islands

a Kalkbrenner
    The 2 Bears
    Genghar
    Walking on Cars
    George Ezra
    Roisin Murphy

I'd love for Chance The Rapper/Run The Jewels/Kendrick Lamar/ Childish Gambino/Odd Future to be added, but I don't really see it.

I can see Florence and The Machine and The Black Keys having Marlay Park dates, so they may be out of the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh noooooo Todd terje for longitude....wanted him at ep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

MattD wrote: »
    After looking around for a bit I'm predicting something like:

Duran Duran
    Grace Jones
    + biggish Sunday headliner (Blur? Black Keys? FATM? Animal Collective?)
    Underworld

War On Drugs
    Belle and Sebastien
    Modest Mouse
    Rudimental
    Hot Chip
    Jon Hopkins

Parquet Courts
    Chvrches
    Years and Years
    James Blake
    Ride
    Future Islands

a Kalkbrenner
    The 2 Bears
    Genghar
    Walking on Cars
    George Ezra
    Roisin Murphy

I'd love for Chance The Rapper/Run The Jewels/Kendrick Lamar/ Childish Gambino/Odd Future to be added, but I don't really see it.

I can see Florence and The Machine and The Black Keys having Marlay Park dates, so they may be out of the running.

You might get Action Bronson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Longtitude are assembling a very nice line up so far, no decent announcements from EP yet. I have my tickets for both bought , hope EP announce something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Does anyone know where I could find the lineup for the other voices tent from last year? I got flashbacks of been in there last year listening to a young lad. I think he had a Northern accent and couldn't have been any more than 17/18. It was the Friday night. I'd be interested to see how he's done since as I thought he was great at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could find the lineup for the other voices tent from last year? I got flashbacks of been in there last year listening to a young lad. I think he had a Northern accent and couldn't have been any more than 17/18. It was the Friday night. I'd be interested to see how he's done since as I thought he was great at the time.

Possibly SOAK? She played the Friday night on the OV stage.

https://soundcloud.com/soakofficial

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Longtitude are assembling a very nice line up so far, no decent announcements from EP yet. I have my tickets for both bought , hope EP announce something soon

Agreed. Longitude line up is looking very tempting to me. EP arse around every year taking ages to release the line up. It gets seriously grating after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

frantic190 wrote: »
    Possibly SOAK? She played the Friday night on the OV stage.

https://soundcloud.com/soakofficial

Yes, that's her. Thank you! No wonder I've never been able to find out who it was, I thought it was a guy :pac:

In my defense I was in an absolute hoop. I thought she was great though, amazing voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Too funny! :-)

Agreed. Longitude line up is looking very tempting to me. EP arse around every year taking ages to release the line up. It gets seriously grating after a while.

Bandsintown today tells me José González + The Vaccines have been added (don't know if thats much of a revelation, tends to be behind in some cases)
    Yea line up looking good, from my house to Marley park would be an absolute trek, would need to get a hotel and that's just more cost! Plus I think I'd actually sleep all day in hotel comfort, Prob just get the later acts on the second day!!
    For me a proper festival ya have to have stay over/camping options.

I would be DELIGHTED if Florence + the Machine was to be a headliner at EP; I saw her perform in Coventry in 2012 and she was fantastic! ^_^ Sadly, I can imagine a lot of the EP crowd bitching and going "OMG! WAAAAY TOOOO mainstream" if that did transpire. :(

At this stage though I'm not too pushed who ends up playing EP* this year; having missed 2014 and all the awesomeness that was on offer (Beck, Portishead, St. Vincent, Kelis, Neneh Cherry, London Grammar and more) I'll just be glad to be back in Stradbally again. :)

*Having said that, I would be eternally grateful if any (preferably all) of the following were announced: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Goldfrapp, Marilyn Manson, Brody Dalle, Lana Del Rey, Death Cab for Cutie, Banks, Sky Ferreira, Samaris, The Naked and Famous, Wye Oak, Kwabs, Sleep Thieves, Trust :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I think Florence would be a great headliner too. She's at the fringes of mainstream (musically, not sales wise obviously) and is a fantastic performer. Her music is not formulaic at all. I really admire her.

Re: Blur. Am I the only one who'd rather hear Damon Albarn solo? I am in love with his last album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

sadie06 wrote: »
    Re: Blur. Am I the only one who'd rather hear Damon Albarn solo? I am in love with his last album.

No

because

wooooo hoooooo.. when i feel heavy metal... wooooo hooooo..

etc... (plus all the actual decent songs and not just the mindless fun ones)

Advertisement