Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

guylikeme wrote: »
    Cant say i know but to guess..

Patch the tent.
    Hold the boobs in.

I'm hoping they mean duct tape, masking tape won't do a thing...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

RastaRed wrote: »
    Forgive my stupidness, why are people bringing masking tape?

Not masking tape but duck/duct tape. In case your tent gets ripped (possibly by thieves) or your tent poles get broke (by drunken stumblers). Or if you have a bag that bursts at the seams. Or if your shoes come apart. Or if a limb gets severed and you have to reattach it.

I wore a new jacket last year that I ripped the back of going through a bit of the woods I shouldn't have been going through. I patched it up with black duct tape. A year later I still wear the jacket, all the time, I just keep patching it up with more tape :P

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Not masking tape but duck/duct tape. In case your tent gets ripped (possibly by thieves) or your tent poles get broke (by drunken stumblers). Or if you have a bag that bursts at the seams. Or if your shoes come apart. Or if a limb gets severed and you have to reattach it.

I wore a new jacket last year that I ripped the back of going through a bit of the woods I shouldn't have been going through. I patched it up with black duct tape. A year later I still wear the jacket, all the time, I just keep patching it up with more tape :P

Makes sense now, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Clashfinder site is down is there anywhere else that's handy to view stage breakdown with times

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

.... Good vibes from everyone with all saying organisation is better this year.

Sounds great :)

Have been to 6 of the last 7 and I did think last year was well organised (the first proper year with the new organisers, previous year the legal tangles were only sorted a few months before).

Minimal crowd crushes or toilet queuing (at least for guys).

Hopefully more of the same this year, even with the added capacity.

Please please let Ride be moved to Friday - really the only act whose time is currently bumming me out as on Saturday I'd be skipping them in favour of Blur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

JackMcA wrote: »
    anyone know anywhere in the city centre you could get the folding water bottles?

pm me, they are like gold dust but I know where

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Sounds great :)

Have been to 6 of the last 7 and I did think last year was well organised (the first proper year with the new organisers, previous year the legal tangles were only sorted a few months before).

Minimal crowd crushes or toilet queuing (at least for guys).

Hopefully more of the same this year, even with the added capacity.

Please please let Ride be moved to Friday - really the only act whose time is currently bumming me out as on Saturday I'd be skipping them in favour of Blur

Since they have been really ambitious with capacity they had to have their **** together organisation wise.

In the pod/fr days i couldn't tell you anything that wasn't really badly organised other than say emptying/location of toilets etc.

The biggest gripe possibly were the few years the salty dog entrance wasn't used and the crowd at security was stupid big especially in 2013.

In the Pod days i always thought €240 was a bit more than it was actually worth given cost of the line up and i reckon if they kept it at the €200 mark it would kept a lot of the old regulars happy going and would guaranteed sell outs of 35,000 every year.
    I'd be more than happy to spend €200 for the pod/fr or pod/aiken incarnations of the festival . I'd be far less inclined in Festival republic era mostly given how busy it is and friday is diluted but in fairness €150 is really really good value even when you compare it to the festivals in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Started a new weekly music podcast recently, decided to do a Picnic-themed one this week, some of ye might enjoy, feel free to subscribe 😊

D/L link in the comments

Cheers, can't wait for Friday!

Edit - the feckin link would be handy -

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/the-vinyl-word-ep-3-picnic-packin-procastinatin/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

foolelle wrote: »
    I'm hoping they mean duct tape, masking tape won't do a thing...:rolleyes:

Duct tape, turning "No no no!" Into "hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hope Clashfinder is back up again by Friday, I didn't open and update the app today since the other times came out this morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Work can go fuk itself tomorrow, very sorry but i plan on doing as little as possible and come half two im gona leave a me sized hole in the door by actually running as fast as i can outa the place. Gona run and get beer sorted and then return home where my girlfriend(her first Picnic, i kinda envy her ;) and i will start packing. In bed by 10 and up again at 5 fri morn and on the road from Donegal to Stradbally :) Missed Picnic last year for the first time in 5 years due to circumstances way outa my control but by all that is holy im gona make up for that lost year this weekend. Hope all have a smashing EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Clashfinder is working again

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bakerlite

Charlie wrote: »
    For those looking for the collapsible/re-sealable Capri sun style bottles, Penny's are selling them. €1.30 for 2.

Penny's I got them from was Artane Castle, beside the tills.

Does that mean one could bring alcohol inside with them ? As it's the bottle throwing is the supposed reason you can't bring drink in.

How else to keep myself in g and t 's??!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

What happened to trinity orchestra this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

bakerlite wrote: »
    Does that mean one could bring alcohol inside with them ? As it's the bottle throwing is the supposed reason you can't bring drink in.

How else to keep myself in g and t 's??!

They're very adaptable, due to their shape and build, so much much easier to sneak on your body, than a solid plastic 500ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Leaving Dublin at 4pm, will there be any good tent spots do people reckon? I imagine it'll take me 2-3 hours travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gill Prenderville Photo

Folks - if you're looking for a great way to start Sunday - check out The Dublin Ukulele Collective. Group of 50 ukulele players jamming out some happy tunes! They're on at 1pm on the Trailer Park Stage and again @ 3pm in the Body and Soul Area!

bennyob wrote: »
    What happened to trinity orchestra this year?

Its not easy keeping a college outfit together for the summer requires a lot of practive and commitment, maybe they took a break insted of not being asked to play. They did do forbidden fruit this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mimimcmc wrote: »
    My list is pretty similar :)

Odd question, but were you on the old oxegen forum a few years back?

Yup i surely was
    maximoose wrote: »
    Makes me feel incredibly old thinking about that beautiful mess of a forum

Oh it was horrendous but in a fun way

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

if i were to bring a plastic sealed bottle of vodka from spain would I be allowed in with it or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Lara_15 wrote: »
    if i were to bring a plastic sealed bottle of vodka from spain would I be allowed in with it or?

Into the campsite/venue, yep, I don't see why not... Into the main arena? It depends how sneaky you are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Bootsy. wrote: »

Masking tape won't do fook all as it's basically paper.
    DUCT TAPE people. Can't stress it enough

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Clashfinder site is down is there anywhere else that's handy to view stage breakdown with times

Pablo's app for android or iphone

Conbhar wrote: »
    Work can go fuk itself tomorrow, very sorry but i plan on doing as little as possible and come half two im gona leave a me sized hole in the door by actually running as fast as i can outa the place. Gona run and get beer sorted and then return home where my girlfriend(her first Picnic, i kinda envy her ;) and i will start packing. In bed by 10 and up again at 5 fri morn and on the road from Donegal to Stradbally :) Missed Picnic last year for the first time in 5 years due to circumstances way outa my control but by all that is holy im gona make up for that lost year this weekend. Hope all have a smashing EP!

Easy there tiger,up at 5 to head down to stradbally. Get a good kip and leave at 8 or 9 arriving around 1or 2 depending on distance. Think of the long game

bc dub wrote: »
    Leaving Dublin at 4pm, will there be any good tent spots do people reckon? I imagine it'll take me 2-3 hours travel?

50 mins from red cow,same to get from car park through security,you will be heading for Joplin. I was there last year...grand spot. No cock heads

declanleo wrote: »
    Easy there tiger,up at 5 to head down to stradbally. Get a good kip and leave at 8 or 9 arriving around 1or 2 depending on distance. Think of the long game

I don't envy you on the drive back. Was living in Donegal for a time and the drive back from the Picnic was torture. Munching on a hot chicken roll in a topas in roscommon town was one of the most horrible crashes down to earth i ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

HausOfTony wrote: »
    The trenchtown area is open to volunteers on the Thursday, they used to have djs playing but nothing last year

hopefully the same tomorrow. reached peak excitement tonight so will need a bit of a buzz when i get down tomorrow!

I'd quite like to meet up to say hello at the salty dog but the missus is determined to get to book a brass band at lv at 5 on friday.I'm open to ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Meet up - I wanna go to the Booka Brass Band as well so two options. Meet at 4.30pm at salty dog and mosey over or pick a side of the other stage tent and see if we all bump into each other??

3rd option - meet at salty dog just after booka brass band seeing as we'll all be quite close after dancing our toosheys off at BBB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Getting very excited now! Was down and up the m7 today and saw loads off port a loos and carnival stuff making its way! Exit 16 southbound and 17 northbound signposted. Just need to go to tesco and get a few 750ml bottles for booze and I'm done!

Definitely second the sticky idea for next year for checklists!

Advertisement