Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Started a new weekly music podcast recently, decided to do a Picnic-themed one this week, some of ye might enjoy, feel free to subscribe 😊

D/L link in the comments

Cheers, can't wait for Friday!

Edit - the feckin link would be handy -

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/the-vinyl-word-ep-3-picnic-packin-procastinatin/

Was on the phone doing this last night and couldn't hyperlink - here 'tis (and a cheeky bump too :))

https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/the-vinyl-word-ep-3-picnic-packin-procastinatin

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

There is an area in boutique called Picnic Garden. IIRC, there are regular "guest" tents pitched in there usually. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Picnic garden has camping for guests, you walk up past the boutique / pre pitched tents and pitch your own. Wristband also gets you access to vip area near main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

lbj666 wrote: »
    Accuweather is giving lows of 4-6 Degrees over the weekend. Wrap up warm guys

Don't forget the cardie Grace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1190056/Grace-Jones-covers-figure-body-paint-Parklife.html

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

50,000 this year, too much? last year was 41000 and sunday was mobbed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Tangled wrote: »
    Picnic garden has camping for guests, you walk up past the boutique / pre pitched tents and pitch your own. Wristband also gets you access to vip area near main stage.

this is what im trying to figure out, the area beside the main stage was Guest area, guest and VIP are not the same I thought, is that now the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭morrissey1307

So are Ride definitely playing Friday then? At least that means I can catch all of Blur and some of Natalie Prass wooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Anything further on the the rumour that Low (or was it Ride) are playing Friday now?

Just read on Ride's twitter and they've said the programme is wrong and they're on Friday night. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

this is what im trying to figure out, the area beside the main stage was Guest area, guest and VIP are not the same I thought, is that now the same?

Should probably have said guest area - same place anyway. Main benefit is decent toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Tangled wrote: »
    Should probably have said guest area - same place anyway. Main benefit is decent toilets.

plus showers that are not so busy ... its sweet in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

So are Ride definitely playing Friday then? At least that means I can catch all of Blur and soe of Natalie Prass wooooooooooo

Been following this saga for the past 12 hours. The band and band member's twitter accounts have been emphasising that they're playing Friday night, and to spread the word that the published schedule is wrong. Seeing as they're booked into Hot Press for a chat Fri afternoon, it makes sense.

But only stony silence from EP so far on the matter. It would really help with the Sat night clashes if they play Fri, but wondering where they can be squeezed in on the Fri night. After B&S in EA perhaps?

Ride is one of my main must-sees for the weekend, so shall be tracking this with much interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Picnic Garden is the area beside main stage. It's not VIP.
    People who get into picnic garden often just say it's VIP jusst to seem more exclusive.
    Spotted Bono in there a few years ago. It was funny watching his security pick off the idiots trying to approach him and Bono doesn't even notice.

risteardo wrote: »
    Been following this saga for the past 12 hours. The band and band member's twitter accounts have been emphasising that they're playing Friday night, and to spread the word that the published schedule is wrong. Seeing as they're booked into Hot Press for a chat Fri afternoon, it makes sense.

But only stony silence from EP so far on the matter. It would really help with the Sat night clashes if they play Fri, but wondering where they can be squeezed in on the Fri night. After B&S in EA perhaps?

Ride is one of my main must-sees for the weekend, so shall be tracking this with much interest.

Only just jumped on the schedule change bandwagon this morning. I hope they are on Friday night as you said, it'll clear up clashes for me!

Definitely one of my must sees too! You can see the replys they've sent to people on twitter confirming they are on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Day before the EP starts and still confusion as to when a band are playing.. sheesh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Effects wrote: »
    Picnic Garden is the area beside main stage. It's not VIP.
    People who get into picnic garden often just say it's VIP jusst to seem more exclusive.
    Spotted Bono in there a few years ago. It was funny watching his security pick off the idiots trying to approach him and Bono doesn't even notice.

That is the Guest Area ... Picnic Garden is in the Boutique Camping area ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Has anyone compiled a clear printable timetable of all the stage times for the weekend? Would rather not rely on the mobile, battery and small screen not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

foolelle wrote: »
    Anyone seen screw top capri sun's in Dublin?

I got them in Mr price in blanchardstown yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

J o e wrote: »
    Has anyone compiled a clear printable timetable of all the stage times for the weekend? Would rather not rely on the mobile, battery and small screen not the best.

Print the clashfinder pages off

Nah, I think you have that mixed up. Although they are calling the Picnic Garden, VIP Picnic Garden now.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

everlast75 wrote: »
    Day before the EP starts and still confusion as to when a band are playing.. sheesh :(

My guess is they won't play at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

J o e wrote: »

go to http://clashfinder.com/s/electricpicnic2015/

click the acts you want to see.. then click customise and set the stages you want to print ... works a charm ... unless you want to see Ride ;]

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Yup i surely was

Oh it was horrendous but in a fun way

I thought I recognised your face alright :P

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

50,000 this year, too much? last year was 41000 and sunday was mobbed!

Nice to see you living up to you name

Effects wrote: »
    Nah, I think you have that mixed up. Although they are calling the Picnic Garden, VIP Picnic Garden now.

RQM4d4b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

risteardo wrote: »

before B&S i'd say.
    odd that the band don't know when or what stage they're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey there,
    a friend of mine has an iphone 5 and can't get the app to work. Any suggestions please?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey there,
    a friend of mine has an iphone 5 and can't get the app to work. Any suggestions please?

PM please

pmalone wrote: »

Got it. Confusion on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anything further on the the rumour that Low (or was it Ride) are playing Friday now?

Low told me on twitter they were playing Friday but site says Saturday. Hadn't realised Ride were in same boat. Bit of a weird one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

I know very little of this "ride" you speak of, but could they be playing the other voices tent?

Advertisement